gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:38:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adult/Child - soniclovenoize reconstruction  (Read 9216 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »

I would love to pipe in my support for a Beatles 80's album. I also love your album artwork and would love to eventually see it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »

It's so nice to finally have an Adult/Child mix that isn't an aural assault on the ears - it's mixed perfectly! Shortenin' Bread is going to be on my most played list very soon!

Also glad you used the MIU version of Tomboy - I get why other people didn't like it's inclusion, but I can't listen to the original without feeling embarrassed that I'm listening to it Grin

Anyways, thanks yet again for your very hard work!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »

it's a shame Ringo never recorded "Life begins at 40"
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

it's a shame Ringo never recorded "Life begins at 40"

You're right. Ringo's voice is perfect for it.
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »

wow..cool.. that's neat.. you also have some other cool stuff too. I really liked  the unreleased who album and the frank zappa one as well... I don't know what other long lost albums there are but the idea is really cool... I wonder if Queen ever had an unreleased album? also a 90's beach boys album would be cool, the best of the andy pailey stuff and the other recordings from that time period from SIP and other cool stuff...

I'll look into it, a bunch of people are requesting the Pailey tapes.  It really depends on the source material, if it's out there in lossless--I don't do mp3-sourced reconstructions.

There's lots of em out there, as I said, I literally have four more done and waiting to be uploaded (Nirvana, Van Morrison, The Doors, Velvet Underground).  Will look into Neil Young's unreleased stuff next.  Not sure about Queen, but it all really depends on if the source material is available or not.  This week I was working on another Pink Floyd thing, but I'm not sure it's turning out or not, so it might not come out.  I was also doing the final Elliott Smith double album but it's not lossless, so I probably won't upload it at all. 

I would love to pipe in my support for a Beatles 80's album. I also love your album artwork and would love to eventually see it.
Pixel!  A/C was for you buddy!  Wink

The 80s Beatles album (only one, I won't do a Julian Lennon thing, you simply cannot get aorund the fact that John died and honestly a Threetles 80s album will sound terrible) would be called Skywriting By Word of Mouth and if you know where that's from, I made a high-res scan of the cover of the actual book (I had acquired a first edition of it when I was a kid).  Also, I recruited another guy who is better at art design than I to do some covers for me. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:19:15 PM by soniclovenoize » Logged

Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:58 PM »

Love your reconstructions thanks so much for putting in the effort.  Particularly liked your reconstruction of Lifehouse.  Have you thought about working some magic on It's A New Day and California Slide?  And before AGD tells me it isn't really called California Slide at the moment I can't remember the real name of the song.  Is it I;m Going Your Way?
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »

And Carry Me Home, please!
obscurereference
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 01:59:05 AM »

Love your reconstructions thanks so much for putting in the effort.  Particularly liked your reconstruction of Lifehouse.  Have you thought about working some magic on It's A New Day and California Slide?  And before AGD tells me it isn't really called California Slide at the moment I can't remember the real name of the song.  Is it I;m Going Your Way?

This, please! Maybe it could be done as 'Made In California disc 7' - i.e. what if there was a second 'from the vaults' disc in the set. That (kind of!) fits the 'albums that never were' template. If Mark Linnett asked you to compile an extra disc, what would you put on it? *cough* remixed Carry Me Home *cough*

Just a suggestion. Thanks for all the fantastic albums - all of your Beach Boys reconstructions have a permanent place in my music library!

[Was writing my post at the same time as the previous one - great minds think alike!]

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 01:45:42 PM »

You don't have the multitracks so you didn't remix anything. You adjusted eq.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 03:06:33 PM »

Lifehouse? Cool. Link please, please?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »

http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-who-lifehouse-soniclovenoize.html
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 03:31:23 PM »

http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-who-lifehouse-soniclovenoize.html

Thank you very much! Just watched the making of "Who's Next" on Netflix. Good little doc. Too bad they stopped making those classic album shows.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »

OK here it is, my reconstruction of Adult/Child.

I have to say, your "Songs from the Black Hole" is incredible.  I never had the patience to research that thing and your version is so listenable and actually makes sense.

Major kudos to you.  Glad to have this!
dombanzai
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »

Good work again Sonic, on Adult/Child. Unfortunately, it does little for me, although it is a fascinating snippet of the Beach Boys' history and fills in another blank for me. One or two tracks are worth listening to a few times, but give me the likes of Susie Cincinnati, Good Time and Roller Skating Child anytime. Not an album I would rush out to buy should it ever have been released.

That said though, but Everybody Wants To Live possibly has the the greatest opening line in music history:
"When you put a cigarette butt in the water, it goes ffffttttt." Brilliant
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 05:33:42 AM »

Please, please the Paley stuff.....  lossless or no!!
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »

CARRY ME HOME.

PLEASE please do Carry Me Home!!!

(And then It's A New Day Smiley)
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to point out that I uploaded my reconstruction of The Doors' "Celebration of the Lizard" on Christmas Eve, which I was talking about earlier in this thread. 

http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-doors-celebration-of-lizard.html

Smiley   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:49:05 PM by soniclovenoize » Logged

Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:49 AM »

Hi
Are not at least tempted by Magic Lantern/Goin' Home from the Paley session?
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 08:36:16 AM »

I don't know, maybe. 

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »

Love the new Doors recon. Your stuff always goes in my official playlist and it becomes easy to delude ones self and start to believe they were official releases. Love 'em. Thanks for sharing.
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2014, 02:29:16 AM »

I don't know, maybe. 
Oh...
 or Elbow 64 ? Maybe....

Just an attempt at the real muddy stuff? Your Adult Child mix (esp Everybody wants to live) is fantastic, glad to have these in great quality after all these years.

Thanks again, Sonic.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx