-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What this place needs is another good dissection of Mike Eder!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What this place needs is another good dissection of Mike Eder!  (Read 3423 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

but where to start...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »

Review of Eder's book:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3MTIQSI9IC12M/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?ie=UTF8&asin=1617130494&cdForum=FxUD2AFRLLFRKN&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx333GEVJ856I09&store=books#wasThisHelpful

After reading the review, I am not excited for his Beach Boys book (which will probably never be published, anyway). I find it both humorous and unsettling that he tries to argue against the negative review in the comments section using the aliases of "Dr. Stock" and "Ron." Such professionalism.

I won't make any more posts in this thread, but I will say is that Mike Eder just seems like an ordinary music hobbyist who was somehow able to get a pet project published. He is no more an authority than any other Smiley Smile user. He is no professional writer -- proven by his flawed prose and bizarre behavior on this board.

That's it from me.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:38:16 AM by Gabo » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »

I've read the recent rantings from Mike Eder, and your responses to him, and I think it's pretty sad. He won't like me saying this publicly, but the man is mentally ill. He denies it, of course, but until recently, I could always count on him for some of the more reasoned discussion here and other places on the web. I don't know who this Arjan character is, but it seems odd that a guy who only has half a dozen or so reviews on amazon chose Mike's book to be the one item he reviewed in detail. Mike obviously had high hopes for his book, and I finally had a chance to browse it earlier this week, and it's a good read. Instead of picking him to pieces, if any of you are friends of the man, you should be trying to reach out to him, to help him. He's had a lot of $#it thrown his way the past year, this is a real human being we are talking about here, and on a Beach Boys board, of all places, I would expect a little more sensitivity where mental illness is concerned. I have not given up on the guy yet, I don't know him real well, but he does need help, and the sooner he admits it to himself, the better. In fact, I hope he reads this and it wakes him up. He's a good guy that just needs some support during a difficult time.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:56:14 AM »

He has some weird stuff going on. That's all I'll say.  None of us know the full story, and we don't really have any right to dissect the man when he's not here. sh*t like this isn't helping his reputation, or his choice to ever come back here. From here on out, until Mike comes back(if he ever does), I suggest that the mods delete any and all threads or comments about him.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »

He has some weird stuff going on. That's all I'll say.  None of us know the full story, and we don't really have any right to dissect the man when he's not here. sh*t like this isn't helping his reputation, or his choice to ever come back here. From here on out, until Mike comes back(if he ever does), I suggest that the mods delete any and all threads or comments about him.
Yes, that would be the kind, decent thing to do. NONE of you would want  to trade places with him.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 02:30:06 AM »

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/index.php

I hope Mike gets well. Please can we stop talking about him and talk about Denny's crazy antics instead? He once said he wanted Don Knotts to portray him in a biopic and he used Poops as a working title for his first (and unfinished) solo album. Can you imagine owning an album called Dennis Wilson Poops? Freaking hilarious!
theCOD
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »

Hahaha! You said the opposite of what is true! Nice one, bgas! LOL

Kool-Aid Man
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »

Review of Eder's book:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3MTIQSI9IC12M/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?ie=UTF8&asin=1617130494&cdForum=FxUD2AFRLLFRKN&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx333GEVJ856I09&store=books#wasThisHelpful

After reading the review, I am not excited for his Beach Boys book (which will probably never be published, anyway). I find it both humorous and unsettling that he tries to argue against the negative review in the comments section using the aliases of "Dr. Stock" and "Ron." Such professionalism.

I won't make any more posts in this thread, but I will say is that Mike Eder just seems like an ordinary music hobbyist who was somehow able to get a pet project published. He is no more an authority than any other Smiley Smile user. He is no professional writer -- proven by his flawed prose and bizarre behavior on this board.

That's it from me.

It will come out, and I'm not just saying that because I edited it.

In any case I'm going to close this. He's going through some stuff right now and kicking someone when they're down is NOT cool.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: