gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:41:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20/20-Flavored Vocal-tacular Track From Karma Frog  (Read 1249 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »

Hi all...Adam Marsland here.

I got permission from one of my Karma Frog (my home studio) clients to share a track we just did here for him, very much in the SMiLE-20/20 mold.

The job was to overdub elements to the client's original analog basic track and finish it.  The client had a cassette dub of the mix to work with, plus two areas where it got "psychedelic" with just backwards piano where something would have to be added.

At Karma Frog, I overdubbed 24 background vocal tracks, plus a number of instruments to the original basic track, and then did a mix accentuating the "good" lo-fi aspects of the original tape, to give it a sound similar to Carl and Dennis' tracks for 20/20.  It's the most complicated vocal performance I've done to date.

The original artist's name is Tony Ellis, and the song is called "Rock and Roll (It Soothes My Soul)."  I think it came out very cool.  Check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/500drumtracks/rock-and-roll-it-soothes-my

If you'd like my help on any of your music projects, please keep me and my little studio in mind.  We can do about anything, from remote session work on most instruments (including Beach Boys-style vocals), in-studio tracking with full bands, and even entire start-to-finish album projects. 

Enjoy!
adam marsland
www.karmafrog.com
www.facebook.com/karmafrog
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:51:09 AM »

Very enjoyable!
Nice job on the vocal stack & the overall production is quite tasty.  Nice song too.  Really like the chord progressions.
Well done!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx