gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:55:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hello everybody  (Read 15262 times)
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:05 AM »

Been reading this board for many years and finally decided to join the fun!

I've been a huge BB fan since the early 80s and they remain my favorite band by a very wide margin.

I look forward to discussing everything Beach Boys!

Jon

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 05:49:51 AM »

Welcome  Smiley

Nice name

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »

Welcome, sir.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:07:32 AM »

Welcome! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »

Your username. I love it.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:20 AM »

Welcome Jon,  And yes, great name you picked.  I see some of the usual welcome folks have already been by.  I try to do as many as I can.  SMiLE Brian, this must be your first stop every day!  Hi.  And Jon, now you have got to find a cool avatar.  See you on the boards.       Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

You know it's amazing how many hardcore fans there are on this site.  Back in the 80s and 90s I always thought I was the only one!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 06:04:45 AM »

Been reading this board for many years and finally decided to join the fun!

I've been a huge BB fan since the early 80s and they remain my favorite band by a very wide margin.

I look forward to discussing everything Beach Boys!

Jon

Welcome to the board!

P.S. I adore your name.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »

Hi all,

Today is my first time posting on this board.  I have been a fan since I was 15.  I am looking forward to a fun time.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »

Whasup, Mary?  Assuming you're from the USA(?) what state do you live in?  Have you collected Beach Boys CD's and stuff since you were 15?  Do you have most of their music?  What's your favorite era in the Beach Boys' career?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »

Whasup, Mary?  Assuming you're from the USA(?) what state do you live in? 

Maryland.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »

Ahhhh, that makes sense. "Mary" is Maryland, not her/his name.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Mary.  I live in New York State.  I am wondeering which Beach Boys CD is the best?   I do have Brian's Christmas CD.  I also have a Beach Boys Christmas CD. 

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:42 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Mary.  I live in New York State.  I am wondeering which Beach Boys CD is the best?   I do have Brian's Christmas CD.  I also have a Beach Boys Christmas CD. 

Hello Mary,

I noticed that you already have a few Brian wilson CD's in your collection. If that's your starting point and you'd like to get to know his influence on the Beach Boys music there's lot's to chose from 1962 - 1967. But if you want to hear Beach Boys music with Brian Wilson's influence at his most emotional, the obvious choice would be Pet Sounds. For the more fun in the sun oriëntated stuff either go for Summer Days, or All Summer Long. A good choice for hearing the Beach Boys at their articical peak as a group (including BW) then I'd suggest Sunflower.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 07:45:08 AM »

Hi all,

Thank you Range for the welcome and compliment about NY.  Where do you live?
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »

Hi all,

Smile Holland, thank you for the suggestions.  Whatever my local FYE dosen't have I will ask the manger there to get it through the NYC store. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »

Hi all,

Hello Mary,

I noticed that you already have a few Brian wilson CD's in your collection. If that's your starting point and you'd like to get to know his influence on the Beach Boys music there's lot's to chose from 1962 - 1967. But if you want to hear Beach Boys music with Brian Wilson's influence at his most emotional, the obvious choice would be Pet Sounds. For the more fun in the sun oriëntated stuff either go for Summer Days, or All Summer Long. A good choice for hearing the Beach Boys at their articical peak as a group (including BW) then I'd suggest Sunflower.
The Sunflower/Surf's Up! 2fer is a pretty good place from which to work backwards and forwards. It has served me well over the years. Hi, by the way. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx