gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:40:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie Chaplin interview at Rollinsgtone.com  (Read 3726 times)
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ex-beach-boy-blondie-chaplin-reunites-with-brian-wilson-after-40-years-20131014

We were doing a lot of college dates. When I watch college basketball now, I say to my wife, "We played there with the Beach Boys."
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »

Even this quote is kinda weird. "When I walked into the studio and shook his (Brian's) hand, I was looking at him and seeing the other two, one on each side. It was a little unnerving. It tripped me out." Carl & Dennis still protecting Brian. How cool is that.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »

Good interview, but the writer said it was Stan Love who asked Blondie to leave the band, when it was actually Steve Love who did it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »

Good interview, but the writer said it was Stan Love who asked Blondie to leave the band, when it was actually Steve Love who did it.

Stan/Steve, doesn't matter really; it's hard to tell the rats apart

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

Sorry about the double post! I posted this same article on the "General On Topic Discussions" part of the board tonight, after checking and double-checking that no one else had already posted it earlier today when it first appeared. Then, later, I look and here it is under the "Media" section from earlier!  Smiley

Honestly, it's not always practical to scan more than one forum for this stuff, while I understand the value of separating some things it can also happen that cool stuff which gets posted in this forum or in the "photos" or video sub-categories gets overlooked by a lot of readers. Where in the main "general on topic discussions" section, more would probably see it.

Could me me, too. The instant gratification, first-impression, impatient type who doesn't check 6 sub-forums to get the latest dirt on the band.  Grin

Sorry for the repeat post.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »

Stan/Steve, doesn't matter really; it's hard to tell the rats apart

It's made more difficult when you get more than one bushy-moustached, 70's-fashioned dudes in your face trying to muscle you around. All the moustaches and cocky attitudes would, I'd imagine, start to look the same at some point.  Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

Sorry about the double post! I posted this same article on the "General On Topic Discussions" part of the board tonight, after checking and double-checking that no one else had already posted it earlier today when it first appeared. Then, later, I look and here it is under the "Media" section from earlier!  Smiley

Honestly, it's not always practical to scan more than one forum for this stuff, while I understand the value of separating some things it can also happen that cool stuff which gets posted in this forum or in the "photos" or video sub-categories gets overlooked by a lot of readers. Where in the main "general on topic discussions" section, more would probably see it.

Could me me, too. The instant gratification, first-impression, impatient type who doesn't check 6 sub-forums to get the latest dirt on the band.  Grin

I have it on good authority that you've been forgiven

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

I have it on good authority that you've been forgiven

Good deal, that's a relief!  Grin  I was worried about the penance I may have had to do to atone for it.  Smiley

Seriously, though, I think any hot stories like this should be posted to the main forum, I honestly didn't even see it originally or before I reposted the same thing - an interview like this is too good to put in a sub-forum.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 04:19:59 AM »

Very interesting interview by Blondie!
Gave me the chills when he said he saw the two deceased brothers next to Brian
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx