gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:17:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian/Al/David/Blondie and Jeff Beck, 10/13/13, Upper Darby, PA  (Read 6430 times)
Jason
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »

Well, just got home.

What a show. Holy sh*t. You guys and girls need to see this tour.

Brian sounded the best that l've heard in concert; this beats even the 2009 American tour as far as his voice goes. He was upbeat, screwing around with Al and David in between offering humorously half-assed introductions to Foskett and Darian for their respective leads. Al was his usual self, playing and clapping along. He NAlLED Cottonfields and had the audience in hysterics during Help Me, Rhonda. David only had the lead on Little Bird, but this was to be expected as guitar is where he shines. And oh, did he shine. He traded off licks with Foskett during Pet Sounds, which ended with one of at least a dozen ovations given during the gig. Blondie was a surprise; l probably scared half of the people around me after screaming when l saw him walk onstage. He ripped through excellent versions of Sail On Sailor and Wild Honey and appeared on and off throughout the set on guitar and percussion. His voice has only become better with age, and his guitar just killed tonight. Overall, a fantastic gig on Brian's part.

l haven't really listened much to Jeff Beck's stuff beyond some of the Yardbirds stuff and the Blow By Blow album, so l was going in cold to his set. l respect the hell out of him as a guitarist, and he was definitely on fire tonight. l didn't know any of the titles beyond his versions of Little Wing and How High the Moon, but l was impressed with the material he played. His backup group was very good, and the acoustics at the Tower made them sound HUGE. Brian, Al, David, and a few of Brian's band showed up for a few numbers with Beck, including an Our Prayer/Surf's Up medley.

Both bands shared an encore, with Beck playing lead guitar on Barbara Ann and Surfin' USA, and closing the show with a surprisingly awesome rendition of Danny Boy with Brian's group backing him up on vocals.

Seriously, people. See this tour. This is probably the only time it'll happen.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

Did Blondie see you when you were freaking out?

Jason
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:26:16 AM »

I wasn't really making a scene, so no. I just kept screaming "yeah, Blondie!" and yelling out half-hearted requests (Leaving This Town was one of them).
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »

I'd be screaming for that too  Smiley

bluesno1fann
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »

Fingers crossed that Brian/Al/David/Blondie and possibly Jeff Beck do a worldwide tour together.
Whenever I see reviews of their concerts, I get so jealous lol
zachrwolfe
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:42:22 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx