gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:38:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Trading Cards !!  (Read 72526 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »

The whole record store promo items, that sounds like a new thread that should happen unless one has already been started. All I have, that was given to me, is the front cover posters for the LA album. It's 6 different posters of each postcard on the front cover- LA, Beach Boys sign, Lady Lynda, Here Comes the Night, Sumahama, and Full Sail.

Anyone have those? I know LA was promoted like no other album, promo records, tshirts, frisbees, and so on...so they might not be worth much, but to quote Boba Fett: "it's (he's) worth a lot to me."

Yeah, there's a poster per each postcard...but just the front cover postcards.

Hmm, that's interesting. Never seen/heard of anyone having these. Are these definitely items issued by Caribou? ( not an aftermarket supplier) 
Can you show them? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »

At the risk of being a detail-tragic nerd, is the concert gear sample from the Al shirt in the first picture? Al didn't wear many bright shirts last year so maybe old stock.

(I'm ashamed I even noticed or care to ask!  Thud)

The back of the cards says the fabric swatches are "concert-worn" material - one would assume that on an Al card it would be from one of his shirts, but they dont actually say that.

Might be from a loud sock or colorful underwear for all I know!!  LOL
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:55:59 PM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2013, 09:20:59 PM »

At the risk of being a detail-tragic nerd, is the concert gear sample from the Al shirt in the first picture? Al didn't wear many bright shirts last year so maybe old stock.

The back of the cards says the fabric swatches are "concert-worn" material - one would assume that on an Al card it would be from one of his shirts, but they dont actually say that.

Didn't see the shows last year, but I think the swatch bears a resmblance to parts of the shirt shown on this card: 

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2013, 10:00:04 PM »

Didn't see the shows last year, but I think the swatch bears a resmblance to parts of the shirt shown on this card: 

At the little teeny weeny show I saw Al do in Gilroy, CA in 2005, he was wearing that exact shirt! I looked back at all the pics I took of that show, and he was wearing the same shirt and t-shirt, etc. I wonder who took that photo, and if it was from the same day. I know, random.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »

Gilroy Dave was there.  He probably took the picture.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »

Here is a picture of 4 of the autographed cards.  I'm still trying to find one of the David Marks signed cards.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/acedecade75/Various%20Pictures/026.jpg
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

Here is a picture of 4 of the autographed cards.  I'm still trying to find one of the David Marks signed cards.

"Love Mike Love". Really?  LOL

Brian's sig looks like a Brian sig all right, plus I really like that picture of him with the LP there.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »

One of the shakiest Brian sigs Ive seen.  Grin

You are spending the big bux - save some for the rest of us!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »

Neat!  Did you have to buy any of these separately on Ebay? or you got them all from hobby sets?
Since the cards seem to be the same whether you get hobby or retail, what's the benefit of retail I wonder? other than a slight $$ markup...

I wonder what the licensing fee to the BBs was for these cards; Have to be something substantial, I would think, for each of them to take the time to sign 70 cards, much less providing all the photos and clothes for swatches.  Could all of the pics have been licensed thru Capitol?  

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »

Gilroy Dave was there.  He probably took the picture.

Looking at all the pics I took, I realize it was probably a different date. My awkward picture with Al taken before the show is in early evening, and he didn't have the shirt on yet. And that's the end of needless sleuthing.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:39 PM »

Maybe you took those at Al's Family & Friends Great America concert.  Before he changed into his white suit.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:30:00 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »

Neat!  Did you have to buy any of these separately on Ebay? or you got them all from hobby sets?
Since the cards seem to be the same whether you get hobby or retail, what's the benefit of retail I wonder? other than a slight $$ markup...

I wonder what the licensing fee to the BBs was for these cards; Have to be something substantial, I would think, for each of them to take the time to sign 70 cards, much less providing all the photos and clothes for swatches.  Could all of the pics have been licensed thru Capitol?  

Its a mystery. And probably none of our bidness.  Razz

Necessity knows no law
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »

Haven't watched it yet, but I guess this is a box break:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTMbi7GCvas
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:03:12 PM by GoodVibrations33 » Logged
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »

Haven't watched it yet, but I guess this is a box break:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTMbi7GCvas

Every time I see that Mike Love tank top card I reconsider having a hobby box on my Christmas list. Bring me the box Santa but for the sake of all things decent let me not have that card in that box!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »

Dealers. the fat guy immediately located a pack with a DM concert gear card.

they can smell a hit.

Necessity knows no law
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2013, 05:30:19 AM »

they can smell a hit.
Haha, I saw that. That's nuts. Wish I had the money to throw around to have two boxes to own, it'd be Christmas everyday if I could do that. Were those the hobby cards? The box looked a little different from the retail.

Got a few additional packs last night, got an artist proof card, a sounds of summer 45 Heroes and Villains card, an Al Jardine In Their Own Words with surfer foil, and a big white SLUG!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

I just got a box of the hobby cards. I have the entire 120 cards, 2 concert gears (Mike and Dave), and several of the foil cards, Sounds Of Summer cards, Honors cards, 4 On The Record cards (All Summer Long, Sunflower, a gold Live At Knebworth, In Concert), only 1 Artist Proof card. No autographs or picks. Coolest cards ever from a rock band! When I was a kid I used to collect the Kiss cards from 1978. I had thousands of them. Collecting these Beach Boys cards have brought back exciting memories of collecting cards from my childhood...except this time the quality is superior.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »

they can smell a hit.
Haha, I saw that. That's nuts. Wish I had the money to throw around to have two boxes to own, it'd be Christmas everyday if I could do that. Were those the hobby cards? The box looked a little different from the retail.

Got a few additional packs last night, got an artist proof card, a sounds of summer 45 Heroes and Villains card, an Al Jardine In Their Own Words with surfer foil, and a big white SLUG!
Had to be the hobby boxes they are the only boxes with Concert Gear cards - I was jealous of some of those picks though.  Wink

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2013, 07:15:31 AM »

they can smell a hit.

Had to be the hobby boxes they are the only boxes with Concert Gear cards - I was jealous of some of those picks though.  Wink

Definitely hobby boxes. They're longer than the retail; I spotted that first thing

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2013, 05:10:29 AM »

I know that playing another group's latest hit was of the time and quite a dated idea nowadays, but I think it would have been so cool to hear this with Brian on falsetto while Mike would have killed those bass lines 'why don't you come out...'

(We do of course get a glimpse of Brian singing Four Seasons on Surfers Rule.)

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2013, 06:32:45 AM »

I know that playing another group's latest hit was of the time and quite a dated idea nowadays, but I think it would have been so cool to hear this with Brian on falsetto while Mike would have killed those bass lines 'why don't you come out...'

(We do of course get a glimpse of Brian singing Four Seasons on Surfers Rule.)
What are we looking at here?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:43 AM »

Even on the road, Brian discovered ways to bring fresh harmony to The Beach Boys' sound.  A prime example came in 1962 when Brian decided to add Sherry (by The Four Seasons) to the setlist...

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
CAFeelin89
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »

I'm a shy guy, so my gf asked the Collector's Connection guy if he had any Beach Boys cards and he said he could order a box and probably sell the packs at $4.50 a piece. He seemed impressed that you could actually open a pack and potentially get a piece of their shirts or an autograph. He said they may be in within a week if he decides to go through with it. He'll email us. Not too shabby  3D

So I might have a card dealer here pretty soon lol.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »

I'm a shy guy, so my gf asked the Collector's Connection guy if he had any Beach Boys cards and he said he could order a box and probably sell the packs at $4.50 a piece. He seemed impressed that you could actually open a pack and potentially get a piece of their shirts or an autograph. He said they may be in within a week if he decides to go through with it. He'll email us. Not too shabby  3D

So I might have a card dealer here pretty soon lol.

Thats around a 40% inflated price per pack. A retail pack goes for $2.99. Better to buy a hobby box of 24 packs online for around $80.

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:37 AM »

Got some cool Carl cards recently. If the replacment power supply for our monitor comes today will post some pics.

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx