gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:18:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess what I just got? :)  (Read 6279 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

Listen to Sherry on headphones. When BW sings 'Sherry baby its time we said goodbye' the first time you can hear it on 'we said'. The 'slide' you hear on his vocal was not present on the original. The reason why it's not noticeable elsewhere as much is because the part I pointed out was a mistake
 Unless it's overdone ( accidentally or on purpose) you should never be able to tell when it's used!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

I'm still not convinced there is any on Sherry. Why leave parts of it out of tune and then tune some of it? I'm convinced what a lot of people are hearing in these cases is double tracking. (though can't recall if there is DT on Sherry!)

Agreed. I still can't hear the autotune even on the tracks where some posters are absolutely insisting its there.

Thirded - can't hear it on Sherry at all, although that's a track I never really paid special attention to before it was officially released. I can hear it on Mystery, though - the way the vocal is mixed is EXACTLY the way they are on the TWGMTR album, so I'm wondering if the vocal was done during those sessions.

It's nothing like the TWGMTR vocals. If it were, it might sound better.

I said the way the vocal was mixed, but I don't think it sounds SO far off from Brian's vocals last year. Less slurring.

@Billy - the "slide" thing doesn't bother me in "Sherry" at all. I'm glad!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:37:58 PM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

I'm still not convinced there is any on Sherry. Why leave parts of it out of tune and then tune some of it? I'm convinced what a lot of people are hearing in these cases is double tracking. (though can't recall if there is DT on Sherry!)

Agreed. I still can't hear the autotune even on the tracks where some posters are absolutely insisting its there.

Thirded - can't hear it on Sherry at all, although that's a track I never really paid special attention to before it was officially released. I can hear it on Mystery, though - the way the vocal is mixed is EXACTLY the way they are on the TWGMTR album, so I'm wondering if the vocal was done during those sessions.

I think it's just that digital delay and doubled vocals that make it sound that way (on Youre Still a Mystery)

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »

Listen to Sherry on headphones. When BW sings 'Sherry baby its time we said goodbye' the first time you can hear it on 'we said'. The 'slide' you hear on his vocal was not present on the original. The reason why it's not noticeable elsewhere as much is because the part I pointed out was a mistake
 Unless it's overdone ( accidentally or on purpose) you should never be able to tell when it's used!

I think it's a portion of a different vocal take. I think the new version is actually MORE out of tune. I really don't think any autotune was used on this set at all.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:50:24 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »

Hey, Billy?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

I would have chipped in, too, had I known. Enjoy, Billy! Smiley

Same!

Glad you got your copy, every fan deserves one

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »

My discs are set the same as Billy's. Weird, that they did the sleeves differently. Anyway Billy, I hope you are enjoying the box set. I wish I knew about some members chipping in for this. To me that shows the real spirit of this community. As much we argue and go back and forth, we are good people at heart. Well done guys and gals! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »

I think it's a portion of a different vocal take. I think the new version is actually MORE out of tune. I really don't think any autotune was used on this set at all.
just because auto tune was used doesn't mean there won't be any parts out of tune. In fact, if its used by someone not too familiar with the program, it can sound MORE out of tune.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »

Hey, Billy?
Yessir?

petzounds29
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

and to think I was going to say BEAVER FEAVER-Ren AND stempy joke-lol
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »

LOL

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »

I'm really glad you got the box, man.  Nice video too!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »

Thanks again Mikie...something I'll remember and cherish. I hope my pointing out a couple of flaws does not come across as lack of enjoyment...hell I'm enjoying it Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »

There's a few more "flaws" than we anticipated, but you knew us hardcores were not going to give the box an 'A' rating after scrutinizing and dissecting the hell out of each track. Even before we heard anything on it, we were bitching about the track listing! We all knew it wasn't going to be perfect by any means. Just count our blessings that we even got this thing in the first place.  Grin

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

Glad to help! You deserve it man! Happy you're digging it! Smiley

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 05:51:06 AM »

Good video, Billy! MIC looks terrific, with great inside pictures & autographs of all The BBs! As you've said, it's really sweet to have their signatures.

Liked your comment about Carl reminding you of yourself when in high school. Never could imagine it, tbh.

Now, let me write down the names of those who helped you get this beautiful item; Smiley Smilers should know their heroes:

Sam_BFC, hypehat (if "other Sam" is him), Paulos, Mikie, Alan Smith, Smile-Holland (Klaas), Wirestone (aka Clay aka former "claymcc"), pixletwin, FatherOfTheMan (aka Mike Leroy) & SMiLE Brian (you didn't mention him but since he said "Glad to help out", so he's counted too, I suppose).

Very nice gesture, folks. I knew that, despite all the quarrels, feuds, debates etc., the people here are cool. As Erik H, I'm glad to be reminded of why I cherish this place. Anyway, Billy, have a good MIC time! And cheer up, everything's gonna be OK soon.

1 question: would you mind clarifying that "career spanning" joke? I didn't understand it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

There was a 'discussion' when the tracklist was revealed concerning what 'career-spanning' actually meant. It got a bit heated. I was referencing that Cool

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »

Oh Crap...didn't mean to leave out Smile Brian! My bad Sad

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 07:44:38 AM »

So great to find this out, Billy...so glad that all the good folks did this for you. If you don't have a copy of MIC, nobody should!

Now make us that hot, definitive BC mix of "Mess of Help" since the f*ckers went and left it off the set!!!  Evil
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 09:35:46 AM »

Cool

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 01:27:55 AM »

http://youtu.be/ktmfOHyVw3E

Thank you to everybody who helped me get this. This is, no joke, one of the highlights of my fandom for me, and I'm eternally grateful.

I know, I know...there are several 'just got MIC' threads, and I should probably move this there. Meh...I will, later. Cool

Missed a lot of interesting stuff on this board, while I was away last month. Going through some of the older topics, now that I have a bit of time, and was surprised to see this! Cool video, Billy. And you're welcome; you deserved it!

... and now I have to get me copy as well... yes, I'm serious, I haven't even bought the boxset yet! There wasn't a single copy to be found in S. Africa while I was there.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »

Good to see you back SMiLE-Holland...hope you had a great holiday.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 03:19:54 AM »

Good to see you back SMiLE-Holland...hope you had a great holiday.

It was GREAT ! It was a one-time opportunity to be able to take 6 weeks off. And apart from that: S.A. is a beautiful country. Two brothers-in-law got married and we were able to attend both ceremonies/parties. And in between we enjoyed our 3 week trip through the western and northern Cape, visiting several national parks and enjoy the landscapes, mountains, spring flowers, and the desolate area's and silence. It's good to be totally locked off from the world from time to time (no internet/wifi/mobile range, nearest neigbour 10 miles away). You should have seen the mini campsite on the Atlantic Coast in one of the parks: just the both of us, a tent, the waves beating against the rocks, the best sunset ever, and the open sky and stars at night.

EDIT: had to add a picture:

Anyway, derailing this topic now ... back to MIC...  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:30:02 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

sounds romantic!   Smiley   Wink

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx