gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:51:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Landlocked - soniclovenoize reconstruction  (Read 14235 times)
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:08 AM »

What is your guys' reference you are using to know that Big Sur is running slow?  Do we already have a version that is definitely at the correct speed? 

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

My only request for you, soniclovenoize?  PLEASE redo your uncensored "In It For The Money" at some point! Smiley

Honestly - there's no reason to use ANY of the 1980's remix.  The demo build of the album exists in shining quality (and the correct speed), so you could use that version of "Harry You're A Beast"; not to mention, the second verse of "Mother People" exists on Mothermania, which is now out on CD.
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2013, 08:38:35 AM »

My only request for you, soniclovenoize?  PLEASE redo your uncensored "In It For The Money" at some point! Smiley

Honestly - there's no reason to use ANY of the 1980's remix.  The demo build of the album exists in shining quality (and the correct speed), so you could use that version of "Harry You're A Beast"; not to mention, the second verse of "Mother People" exists on Mothermania, which is now out on CD.
Hmmm, In my opinion those demos were of inferior quality as well as mono.  I tried patching them in and they seemed more intrusive than the 80s patches. 

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »

I have to ask - how is the A/C mix coming along? Just excited is all Tongue

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »

I have to ask - how is the A/C mix coming along? Just excited is all Tongue
Nice Firey Mario!  Wink

Sorry, I've been sidetracked with recording/mixing one of my own bands' albums as well as doing The Doors "Celebration of the Lizard" and then this last week the lost fourth Velvet Underground album. 

I have had A/C actually finished for like a month.  It's just a matter of writing up a thing and then uploading it.  I'll try and do that today! 

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »

the lost fourth Velvet Underground album. 

Will you marry me
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »

I have had A/C actually finished for like a month.  It's just a matter of writing up a thing and then uploading it.  I'll try and do that today! 

Rock! Can't Rock! wait Rock! !!!!!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »

Rock! Can't Rock! wait Rock! !!!!!
Word.  Rock!

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

A/C should be great. I'll be interested to see what speed you put It's Over Now at.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »

A/C should be great. I'll be interested to see what speed you put It's Over Now at.

I will say this:

1) I have NOT altered any speeds at all.  I know people on the previous page were saying Big Sur was slow, but I A/Bd my mix with three others, and they all were at the same pitch and the speed differed by a mere +/- 0.4 seconds.  That is not indicative of a slow tape speed.  So it's the same case with this:  Do we have a pitch-corrected speed for these to compare the tapes to?  Remember that in creating these I synched my working mix up with a few others to compare EQ settings and to tinker.  In doing that I did not see a pitch problem.  So either they're all slow, or they're all fine. 

But I used the MiC It's Over Now for what it's worth... 

2)  I have not fixed any of the slight tape drops outs.  As we were discussing earlier, I didn't feel it detracted from the enjoyment of the songs.  In the specific case of "Life Is For The Living", I thought to sample another section and "Frankenstein it" would be compromising the intended arrangement with a a capella introduction. 

I appreciate you guys are excited for these, but I fear that the anticipation has been built up for you guys to be let down.  :/  So yeah, I'm not Mark Linett, I'm just me.  I hope you guys like it, but, well, I don't know what I'm trying to say. 

Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »

I will say this:

1) I have NOT altered any speeds at all.  I know people on the previous page were saying Big Sur was slow, but I A/Bd my mix with three others, and they all were at the same pitch and the speed differed by a mere +/- 0.4 seconds.  That is not indicative of a slow tape speed.  So it's the same case with this:  Do we have a pitch-corrected speed for these to compare the tapes to?  Remember that in creating these I synched my working mix up with a few others to compare EQ settings and to tinker.  In doing that I did not see a pitch problem.  So either they're all slow, or they're all fine. 

But I used the MiC It's Over Now for what it's worth... 

2)  I have not fixed any of the slight tape drops outs.  As we were discussing earlier, I didn't feel it detracted from the enjoyment of the songs.  In the specific case of "Life Is For The Living", I thought to sample another section and "Frankenstein it" would be compromising the intended arrangement with a a capella introduction. 

I appreciate you guys are excited for these, but I fear that the anticipation has been built up for you guys to be let down.  :/  So yeah, I'm not Mark Linett, I'm just me.  I hope you guys like it, but, well, I don't know what I'm trying to say. 

People would be "let down" if Linett or anyone had done it.  Regardless, you are limited not only by the recordings that are available but by the material. 

Keep up the great work.  I've listened to every single album, regardless of artist, that you've done.  You've even turned me onto some new stuff, like Mars Volta.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »

I will say this:

"Good Time" is very very slow. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:28:45 PM by TV Forces » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »

If you ever get around to Carry Me Home and California Slide, how about Out in the Country and Seasons in the Sun too, please...?
And My Solution too, please!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:42:42 PM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx