-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443334 times)
KDS
« Reply #1075 on: September 10, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »

Speaking of bikini - did you see David Hasselhof/ BBs-related series "Baywatch"? Is it good?

I was not a fan of Baywatch.   Granted, I was a teenager, and I may have watched a few episodes just to see Pamela Anderson and Yasmine Bleath running in slow motion in bathing suits, but the show itself was pretty bad IMO.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13:13 AM »

Thanks, it'll save time to check it.

Is David Hasselhof really popular due to this series or did he star in many movies? Do you know anything?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1077 on: September 10, 2018, 06:14:33 AM »

Thanks, it'll save time to check it.

Is David Hasselhof really popular due to this series or did he star in many movies? Do you know anything?

Hasselhoff starred in the early 80s TV show Night Rider, which was pretty popular, and that predates Baywatch by several years.   He also had a very popular singing career in Germany. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 10, 2018, 06:19:23 AM »

You don't say! He used to be singer at some point? Bizarre factoid.

Is he strictly TV actor? Did you see him in usual movies? Maybe cameo (btw, am not David's fan, merely curious)?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1079 on: September 10, 2018, 07:09:37 AM »

You don't say! He used to be singer at some point? Bizarre factoid.

Is he strictly TV actor? Did you see him in usual movies? Maybe cameo (btw, am not David's fan, merely curious)?

He's made some usually jokey cameos in movies like Dodgeball, Click, one of the Sharknado movies, and the recent big screen Baywatch movie among others, so he does do some film work.   

As for singing, I'm not familiar with his work, but he sang when at the Berlin Wall fell in 1989
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 10, 2018, 07:43:26 AM »

Do you hate films with moral message? Many people in the Internet say they hate.

KDS
« Reply #1081 on: September 10, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »

Do you hate films with moral message? Many people in the Internet say they hate.

Not really.   I don't have an issue with a movie with a message.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 10, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »

Is there movies/ TV series you'd describe "guilty pleasure"?

KDS
« Reply #1083 on: September 10, 2018, 07:55:44 AM »

In general, I'm not a big fan of the term "guilty pleasure."   I don't think anyone should feel guilty for liking what they like.   

But, if I had a pick some that are considered as such, there are a few

Movies

Armageddon
Police Academy
Grown Ups
Beerfest
Batman Forever

TV

Dads
Gotham
Bar Rescue
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 10, 2018, 08:44:49 AM »

For me, it would be "The Golden Girls", and "Matlock".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 10, 2018, 05:41:54 PM »

2KDS: good thing I didn't invent that term. "Police Academy" definitely shouldn't be guilty pleasure. It's well done well cast - especially well cast - franchise.
Since mentioned PA, there's BBs link in PA 4 besides Brian's song playing during Copeland chasing skateboarders in the big store & ending credits. Capt. Harris sings "Shortenin' Bread" looking gleefully at his face in his cane in the cabinet. Can you cite any such direct/ indirect BBs links? BBs being guest stars in TV/ movie doesn't qualify.

2Jay: "The Golden Girls" is nice series about elderly ladies, cool cast with funny Betty White & Estelle Getty who played Sylvester Stallone's mother in film "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot". I checked 10+ eps last yr & it's nice series.

KDS
« Reply #1086 on: September 11, 2018, 05:13:30 AM »

2KDS: good thing I didn't invent that term. "Police Academy" definitely shouldn't be guilty pleasure. It's well done well cast - especially well cast - franchise.
Since mentioned PA, there's BBs link in PA 4 besides Brian's song playing during Copeland chasing skateboarders in the big store & ending credits. Capt. Harris sings "Shortenin' Bread" looking gleefully at his face in his cane in the cabinet. Can you cite any such direct/ indirect BBs links? BBs being guest stars in TV/ movie doesn't qualify.

2Jay: "The Golden Girls" is nice series about elderly ladies, cool cast with funny Betty White & Estelle Getty who played Sylvester Stallone's mother in film "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot". I checked 10+ eps last yr & it's nice series.

I agree that the original PA movie still holds up, but in general, the love for the franchise hasn't really sustained.   To be honest, I don't find most of the sequels nearly as enjoyable as I did when I was a kid.   

Are you asking about BB links to Police Academy?  Or in general? 

I know the music spoof movie Walk Hard has a segment where the lead character, Dewey Cox, is going through a Brian Wilson phase and trying to record a massive masterpiece ala Smile.    I think Van Dyke Parks even helped with the music in that scene. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 11, 2018, 11:56:20 PM »

Not to "Police Academy", c'mon. It's just single example. I even specifically said "BBs being guest stars in TV/ movie doesn't qualify". As you know, there's NO, zero, zilch, nada guest-starring by BBs in PA movies. Therefore, it's general question.
1st PA is dull as hell. It + 7th.

You said "Seinfeld" quotes used in daily speech. Any film which can brag the same, phrases used by casual people?

KDS
« Reply #1088 on: September 12, 2018, 05:28:02 AM »

Not to "Police Academy", c'mon. It's just single example. I even specifically said "BBs being guest stars in TV/ movie doesn't qualify". As you know, there's NO, zero, zilch, nada guest-starring by BBs in PA movies. Therefore, it's general question.
1st PA is dull as hell. It + 7th.

You said "Seinfeld" quotes used in daily speech. Any film which can brag the same, phrases used by casual people?

I'll have to respectfully disagree about the first PA.   I think it's far and away the best in the franchise, and I think there's a steady decline from there.   I think 2-4 are still pretty watchable.   

"Make him an offer he can't refuse."   From the Godfather

"You're gonna need a bigger boat" Jaws

"Say Hello to my little friend" Scarface

"We're on a mission from God" The Blues Brothers
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:51 AM »

Looks like you memorize lines in film you dislike (you cited "Godfather" before as not being your bag).

Do people in the U.S. really say these phrases? It seems "you're gonna need a bigger boat" could be used by people in marine business only. Not sth. used by everybody.

To get to main point - I meant that you list film akin to TV series "Seinfeld". Single movie rife with plenty & plenty lines used by people in daily speech/ situations. Just like "Seinfeld". Answer.

KDS
« Reply #1090 on: September 12, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »

Looks like you memorize lines in film you dislike (you cited "Godfather" before as not being your bag).

Do people in the U.S. really say these phrases? It seems "you're gonna need a bigger boat" could be used by people in marine business only. Not sth. used by everybody.

To get to main point - I meant that you list film akin to TV series "Seinfeld". Single movie rife with plenty & plenty lines used by people in daily speech/ situations. Just like "Seinfeld". Answer.

That Godfather line is used even by people who've never seen the movie.   It's pretty iconic. 

There are a lot of quotable comedies, from Caddyshack to Animal House, to Christmas Vacation.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 12, 2018, 05:53:59 AM »

Still, to insist, which single film is the best "Seinfeld"-like example?

KDS
« Reply #1092 on: September 12, 2018, 06:01:36 AM »

Still, to insist, which single film is the best "Seinfeld"-like example?

I would think three is better than one, but OK

Caddyshack
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 12, 2018, 06:07:05 AM »

I would think it's easy to count the number of popular quotes in films to decide which got the biggest number. But OK.

Is there any film which you nearly like, it lacks *thing* to be perfect thru & thru. Which you can't or can explain but you just like, say, 95%, 5% to get to 100%.

KDS
« Reply #1094 on: September 12, 2018, 06:11:13 AM »

I would think it's easy to count the number of popular quotes in films to decide which got the biggest number. But OK.

Is there any film which you nearly like, it lacks *thing* to be perfect thru & thru. Which you can't or can explain but you just like, say, 95%, 5% to get to 100%.

I wasn't about to sit and compile the number of memorable quotes in each movie to pick my answer.   

One movie just off the top of my head is the 2007 (I think) comedy Beer League.   It's a fun, raunchy comedy, and it's enjoyable from start to finish, but I always feel like it could've been better. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:56 AM »

To count in mind - I would think if you'd seen the same movies/ comedies many times, you counted quotes by now to tell roughly which got the biggest number. But OK (sorry, couldn't resist).

Which film should be seen by anybody, any age? Which film should be essential see by anybody in any fam?

KDS
« Reply #1096 on: September 12, 2018, 06:27:51 AM »

To count in mind - I would think if you'd seen the same movies/ comedies many times, you counted quotes by now to tell roughly which got the biggest number. But OK (sorry, couldn't resist).

Which film should be seen by anybody, any age? Which film should be essential see by anybody in any fam?

Anybody, any age?   

I know you won't agree with me here, but The Wizard of Oz. 

I was going to say  Jaws, but it might be a little much for really little kids.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »

Which movie scene makes you laugh like crazy?

KDS
« Reply #1098 on: September 13, 2018, 05:14:30 AM »

Which movie scene makes you laugh like crazy?

If I had to pick only one off the top of my head, I'm going with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Cousin Eddie is outside emptying his chemical toilet into a public sewer and proudly waves at the Griswolds' snobby neighbor "Merry Christmas, the sh!tter was full!!!" 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 13, 2018, 05:54:56 AM »

Few yrs back you said L&M's "ta-ta-ta-ta-ta"/ML vs. GV scene made you laugh. As you know, it isn't comedy, it's biopic. Question - is there serious films in which you didn't expect funny yet there's random scenes which made you laugh/ you fell of chair/ spill the drink/ it leaves you in stitches/ etc.?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: