-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443094 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: August 29, 2018, 06:18:24 AM »

Did any film play tricks to you, i.e. you thought some character was good then he shows true colors & vice versa?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1051 on: August 29, 2018, 06:40:19 AM »

Did any film play tricks to you, i.e. you thought some character was good then he shows true colors & vice versa?

I can usually tell if a person is going to turn heel, but the ending of The Sixth Sense surprised the heck out of me the first time I saw it. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 29, 2018, 07:01:03 AM »

Well? Any vice versa example? When you think smb.'s bad but in fact they're good?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1053 on: August 29, 2018, 07:05:00 AM »

Well? Any vice versa example? When you think smb.'s bad but in fact they're good?

Not really that I can think of.           
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 29, 2018, 07:11:10 AM »

Fun question time - if you were told to play baddie, who would it be?

Well. If this question offended you, I'll change it. Is there any movie in which you recognized the locations? Maryland/ Baltimore?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:31:15 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

KDS
« Reply #1055 on: August 29, 2018, 07:54:14 AM »

Fun question time - if you were told to play baddie, who would it be?

Well. If this question offended you, I'll change it. Is there any movie in which you recognized the locations? Maryland/ Baltimore?

I think playing The Joker would be fun.   

There are several movies I've seen that were filmed in Baltimore, or Maryland - Red Dragon, Major League II, Pecker, The Replacements, Serial Mom, Cry Baby, etc.                   
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 29, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »

Remember Diner? It was filed in Baltimore and featured very youthful Mickey Rourke, Kevin Bacon, Daniel Stern, and others who later made it big.
Balto was director Barry Levinson's hometown.
KDS
« Reply #1057 on: August 30, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »

Remember Diner? It was filed in Baltimore and featured very youthful Mickey Rourke, Kevin Bacon, Daniel Stern, and others who later made it big.
Balto was director Barry Levinson's hometown.

I'm not sure how I left off Diner, as it's a great movie, and it is very much loved in Baltimore, especially by fans of the Baltimore Colts. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 30, 2018, 05:24:28 AM »

2KDS: You said way back you read "Meg", will see film. Is there book you read you really wish is adapted to big screen? Either fiction or about music band etc.

KDS
« Reply #1059 on: August 30, 2018, 05:27:24 AM »

2KDS: You said way back you read "Meg", will see film. Is there book you read you really wish is adapted to big screen? Either fiction or about music band etc.

I read a really good book called 12 Days of Terror about the 1916 shark attacks off the coast of NJ.    Those attacks apparently inspired Peter Benchley to write Jaws. 

!2 Days of Terror was made into a movie, which was pretty decent, but it was made with a tiny budget, and I think it went straight to video.   I wouldn't mind seeing another attempt with a bigger budget, as long as it's not CGI heavy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 30, 2018, 05:44:32 AM »

Would you like to see animated series being shifted to films with real people? F.ex. "Merrie Melodies" stars animals, in films it will star humans.

KDS
« Reply #1061 on: August 30, 2018, 05:53:43 AM »

Would you like to see animated series being shifted to films with real people? F.ex. "Merrie Melodies" stars animals, in films it will star humans.

I'm really not a fan of the live action movies based on cartoons.   I just don't think it translates, and once you get past the novelty of seeing John Goodman as Fred Flintstone, you realize that you're watching a pretty lackluster version of a great show.  

The only one that I think could work if done right is King of the Hill, but unlike most animated shows, King of the Hill was pretty grounded in reality (except for the fact that Bobby never aged)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:54:53 AM by KDS » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 30, 2018, 06:35:31 AM »

Who is to you the best movie duet? F.ex. Chich & Chong (sp?), Laurel & Hardy. List few examples.

KDS
« Reply #1063 on: August 30, 2018, 06:47:24 AM »

Who is to you the best movie duet? F.ex. Chich & Chong (sp?), Laurel & Hardy. List few examples.

John Candy / Steve Martin (Planes, Trains, and Automobiles)

John Candy / Dan Aykroyd (Great Outdoors)

Bill Murray / Harold Ramis (Stripes)

Will Ferrell / John C Reiley (Step Brothers)

Chris Farley / David Spade (Tommy Boy / Black Sheep)
MsBecca
« Reply #1064 on: August 30, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

Wait you mean like the Looney Tunes characters as humans? Cause I can see Danny Devito playing Tweety
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 30, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »

2KDS - which actors who didn't cross paths you think could be good duet, you wish them be movie team?

2ChewBecca - disagree about De Vito as Tweety. Doesn't look like that bird. To me, humans must fit who they play. F.ex. Taz would fit Robert Mitchum. Etc.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 31, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »

Watched three Twilight movies today while supervising girls in cottages in residential treatment center where I teach. Meh. Can't understand how not one, or two, but three young men were so enamored of "Bella," with two willing to sacrifice their lives for her. Nothing particularly compelling about her, neither physically nor in terms of her personality.  But I recall seeing an interview with John Cowsill's brother, Paul, who said that he had the job of obtaining, moving, bracing, hiding evidence thereof of the trees in the outdoor forest scenes. It seems that it was too difficult to move filming equipment in and out, find clear areas to shoot scenes, etc., so this was what was done. Paul said that he helped the nervous not-yet-stars to learn their lines and that they had to stay out of the sun in order to look pale.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 01, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »

Shocked Wasp Woman (1960) on the Retro channel.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 02, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »

Interesting film! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #1069 on: September 04, 2018, 05:55:54 AM »

2KDS - which actors who didn't cross paths you think could be good duet, you wish them be movie team?

2ChewBecca - disagree about De Vito as Tweety. Doesn't look like that bird. To me, humans must fit who they play. F.ex. Taz would fit Robert Mitchum. Etc.

I would love to see Will Ferrell and Bill Murray do a movie together. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2018, 08:33:11 AM »

Ha! You're easily scared. Smiley

2KDS - sure, 2 comedians playing in comedy. Any random "2 different actors playing as team in movie" picks?

KDS
« Reply #1071 on: September 10, 2018, 05:26:25 AM »

Ha! You're easily scared. Smiley

2KDS - sure, 2 comedians playing in comedy. Any random "2 different actors playing as team in movie" picks?

How about Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis starring in a movie together?   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 10, 2018, 05:52:39 AM »

Yes, they'd be good "2 boring actors" team.

Which song you hear & instantly think about specific movie? Any songs like that?

KDS
« Reply #1073 on: September 10, 2018, 05:54:17 AM »

Yes, they'd be good "2 boring actors" team.

Which song you hear & instantly think about specific movie? Any songs like that?

The one that springs to mind is The Cars "Moving in Stereo."   It's impossible for me to hear that song without thinking of Pheobe Cates in her red bikini coming out of the swimming pool in Fast Times. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 10, 2018, 06:04:29 AM »

Speaking of bikini - did you see David Hasselhof/ BBs-related series "Baywatch"? Is it good?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: