-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443139 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:20 AM »

You forgot Cat With Boots, best supporting character. Tell the actor.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #951 on: August 15, 2018, 05:43:12 AM »

You forgot Cat With Boots, best supporting character. Tell the actor.

Maybe change up the character a bit and have another actor whose been known to be good in a swordfight on screen - Cary Elwes. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 15, 2018, 05:59:50 AM »

Will you pick the dream actor who would play you in biopic? Fun question time.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #953 on: August 15, 2018, 06:03:25 AM »

Will you pick the dream actor who would play you in biopic? Fun question time.

If any studio were dumb enough to make a movie of my life, more power to them.    

How about throwing the viewer for a loop and casting Sofia Vergara as me. 

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:04:09 AM by KDS » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 15, 2018, 06:12:51 AM »

You're sly but I'm even slyer. I suspect why you don't tell the actor thinking smb. would calculate what you look like via the actor's looks. But, if studio decided to film the script about you, which actor you'd wish would play you, you'd be proud this famous cool chap plays you? As you know, there's many biopics that cast people who don't look like real human they play. Well?

KDS
« Reply #955 on: August 15, 2018, 06:17:52 AM »

You're sly but I'm even slyer. I suspect why you don't tell the actor thinking smb. would calculate what you look like via the actor's looks. But, if studio decided to film the script about you, which actor you'd wish would play you, you'd be proud this famous cool chap plays you? As you know, there's many biopics that cast people who don't look like real human they play. Well?

Since I really can't think of any actor whose unfortunate enough to resemble me, I'd go with Brian O Hallaran, who is best known for playing Dante in the Clerks movies, because I see a bit of my personality in him in the way he tends to overthink things. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 15, 2018, 06:29:09 AM »

Many BBs fans hinted they're ugly. To quote famous Michael Jackson song, you're not alone. I didn't see it with any bands' fans. Anyhoo, do you think about film industry's future? Do you see & expect anytime new young talents appear, new classics being made? Or cynically think that's it, no stone-cold classic to wait & talented actors?

KDS
« Reply #957 on: August 15, 2018, 06:33:27 AM »

Many BBs fans hinted they're ugly. To quote famous Michael Jackson song, you're not alone. I didn't see it with any bands' fans. Anyhoo, do you think about film industry's future? Do you see & expect anytime new young talents appear, new classics being made? Or cynically think that's it, no stone-cold classic to wait & talented actors?

I think there are still classics to be made, but they'll get lost in the sea of remakes, reboots, sequels, etc etc.   I think there's still talent in the film industry, but I think mainstream studios are less likely to take chances today. 

However, thanks to streaming services there are more ways to get your movies out there than ever before.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 15, 2018, 06:49:47 AM »

Which movies/ TV shows do you look fwd to? I rmbr you waited the new Queen biopic. Anything else?

KDS
« Reply #959 on: August 15, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »

Which movies/ TV shows do you look fwd to? I rmbr you waited the new Queen biopic. Anything else?

The movies are over the top silly, but I'm looking forward to watching the next, and supposedly last, Sharknado movie.   

Speaking of sharks, having read the novel Meg, I'm curious about that movie, though I'm not wild about the casting of Jason Statham. 

Other than that, I'm not really current on upcoming movies, but I'm looking forward to the return of TV shows Superstore and Gotham. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 15, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »

I'd seen "Meg"'s trailer. Not Statham fan either but, at least this time he tries sth. new. & film looks good.

Did you/ do you write film reviews to site to be paid, as additional salary?

Who do you regard the ultimate/quintessential hero & villain?

KDS
« Reply #961 on: August 16, 2018, 05:08:43 AM »

I'd seen "Meg"'s trailer. Not Statham fan either but, at least this time he tries sth. new. & film looks good.

Did you/ do you write film reviews to site to be paid, as additional salary?

Who do you regard the ultimate/quintessential hero & villain?

I've never written a professional review. 

When I read the Meg novels, I envisioned the main character of Jonas Taylor to be an middle aged, maybe a little haggard, men, like maybe Nick Notle or somebody like that.   

The ultimate hero and villain to me, and I'm using comic book movies again, are Batman and The Joker.   They perfectly complement each other.   The dark knight and the clown prince of crime. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 16, 2018, 05:38:57 AM »

Didn't the novel describe the character anyway?

Can you list hero/ villain who isn't comic book character?

KDS
« Reply #963 on: August 16, 2018, 05:57:20 AM »

Didn't the novel describe the character anyway?

Can you list hero/ villain who isn't comic book character?

It's been a few years since I read the first novel, but I'm pretty sure the character description wasn't a macho Jason Statham type, and no offense to Mr. Statham, but I'm not sure I buy him as a grizzled marine biologist. 

Here's one, I don't think you're going to agree with, but John McClane (Bruce Willis) vs Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) in the original Die Hard. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 16, 2018, 06:19:44 AM »

To me, Alan Rickman is forever professor Snape in "Harry Potter", grew up with this franchise.

Is there any female character you deem the best?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 16, 2018, 06:28:07 AM »

I recently went on a inadvisable spending spree and bought about eight movies - some cheap, some expensive. One of the more expensive purchases was Bergman's trilogy - Through a Glass Darkly, Winter Light, and The Silence. I had seen the first two before but not the last but I decided to watch all three this week, completing The Silence last night. These are, in my view, monumental movies and Winter Light belongs in my all-time favourite movie list. Maybe The Silence needs to be re-watched or sink in a bit more because I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two. It's still very good though. It's difficult for any film to measure up to both Winter Light and Through a Glass Darkly.
KDS
« Reply #966 on: August 16, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »

To me, Alan Rickman is forever professor Snape in "Harry Potter", grew up with this franchise.

Is there any female character you deem the best?

He'll always be Hans to me.   I never went for that Harry Potter thing.   If not Hans, then the Voice of God in the movie Dogma.   

Female character?   I like Sigourney Weaver's character in the Ghostbusters franchise.   Also, Karen Allen in the two Indiana Jones movies she's in.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 16, 2018, 07:54:31 AM »

Sigourney's fine. Karen Allen is ugly.

As you know, some people see films very attentively & catch goofs. Did you catch any? Bring example.

KDS
« Reply #968 on: August 16, 2018, 08:05:30 AM »

Sigourney's fine. Karen Allen is ugly.

As you know, some people see films very attentively & catch goofs. Did you catch any? Bring example.

Seems a little harsh on Karen Allen, but OK. 

There are two goofs in Jaws.   

1.  In the estuary scene, the man in the rowboat is barefoot.   When the shark kills him, the camera shows his severed leg draft to the bottom, and he leg has a shoe. 

2.  During the scene in which they're putting the shark cage together on the Orca, there's an overhead shot of the three men, putting the cage in the water.   Roy Schieder is shirtless in this shot.   Quick cut to Dreyfuss getting equipment from the cabin seconds after the cage is in the water, and Schieder's shirt is back on. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 16, 2018, 08:16:46 AM »

Beauty taste differs. To me, she's ugly. Harrison Ford himself didn't find Karen anything special when being interviewed by distinct Karen Allen fan who seemed thrilled with the fact that he got lucky to work, stand beside her etc. He was amused & said sth. like "You & your Karen Allen obsession [guys]. She didn't do much for me".

The 1st goof is funny. Speaking about sharks, do you believe there's ways to make children's movie about friendly non-life-threatening sharks?

KDS
« Reply #970 on: August 16, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »

The 1st goof is funny. Speaking about sharks, do you believe there's ways to make children's movie about friendly non-life-threatening sharks?

It's been done.   After the massive success of Finding Nemo in 2003, an animated movie called Shark Tale was released.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 16, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »

Should've quoted entire post as Harrison Ford interview indeed exists where he said bluntly Karen's nothing special. When I find it, I shall share with you.

Which is to you the perfect (edited word - gee, hate typos) match between the scene & the song being used?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:06:40 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

KDS
« Reply #972 on: August 16, 2018, 08:59:44 AM »

Should've quoted entire post as Harrison Ford interview indeed exist where he said bluntly Karen's nothing special. When I find it, I shall share with you.

Which is to you the prefect match between the scene & the song being used?

There's a scene in the Rob Zombie movie The Devil's Rejects where the three anti heroes are camping out in a hideaway spot and blowing off some steam, blissfully unaware that two bounty hunters are about to apprehend them.   The scene is perfectly set to the Terry Reid song "To Be Treated." 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 16, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »

Very well. Interested now in what you regard the worst song + scene match.

KDS
« Reply #974 on: August 16, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »

Very well. Interested now in what you regard the worst song + scene match.

Off the top of my head:

I love the first Hangover movie.   The second one is decent.   The third one is dreadful.   There's a scene in the third movie where the insufferable Melissa McCarthy is seducing Zach Galifanakis (sp?) as Billy Joel's "The Stranger" plays in the background. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: