-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443113 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 06, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »

New question. Last-2 yrs back you shared the list with Movie thread viewers about Top 3 horrors. Will you resize it to Top 20?
Btw, KDS, answer the question in "Songs to obsess" thread. You didn't answer it, despite posting in General Music. Could easily see it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #926 on: August 06, 2018, 07:00:19 AM »

New question. Last-2 yrs back you shared the list with Movie thread viewers about Top 3 horrors. Will you resize it to Top 20?
Btw, KDS, answer the question in "Songs to obsess" thread. You didn't answer it, despite posting in General Music. Could easily see it.

Answered.   I honestly don't think I could do a top 20 at this point considering I hardly ever watch horror movies anymore. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 06, 2018, 07:06:02 AM »

The O’s take up too much of “horror movie” time.... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 06, 2018, 07:10:26 AM »

Answered.   I honestly don't think I could do a top 20 at this point considering I hardly ever watch horror movies anymore. 
Apology accepted, I didn't get why you posted in General Music thread "Soundtrack to summer", yet didn't check "Songs to obsess", despite it being in the same General Music place.

Why you don't watch horrors "anymore"? I figured everybody's consistent with their tastes, stay loyal to what they like till the end. No? Yes?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #929 on: August 06, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »

Apology accepted, I didn't get why you posted in General Music thread "Soundtrack to summer", yet didn't check "Songs to obsess", despite it being in the same General Music place.

Why you don't watch horrors "anymore"? I figured everybody's consistent with their tastes, stay loyal to what they like till the end. No? Yes?

There's a lot of reasons.   Life changes make it hard to find time to watch movies.   Plus, in recent years, I've found so much modern horror to be beyond disappointing.   

Plus, my wife's not really a horror fan, and I rarely get time to sit and watch a movie on my own.    So, it's a time factor too.   

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 06, 2018, 07:38:46 AM »

Films lotta people like which I hate big time - "Scrooged", "Caddyshack", "Animal House", "Godfather" (whole thing), "The Graduate", "Boogie Nights", anything with Adam Sandler, can't stand this goon, anything with Matthew Macckonahue or what's the last name, ditto Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruiser & especially Julianna Moor & laughable James Bond Pierced Brosnan.

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 06, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »

I saw Mission Impossible: Fallout yesterday. I don't go to the theaters often (maybe 2 or 3 times per year). Anyway, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I enjoyed it!

Films lotta people like which I hate big time - "Scrooged", "Caddyshack", "Animal House", "Godfather" (whole thing), "The Graduate", "Boogie Nights", anything with Adam Sandler, can't stand this goon, anything with Matthew Macckonahue or what's the last name, ditto Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruiser & especially Julianna Moor & laughable James Bond Pierced Brosnan.

Say it ain't so! I'm curious to know which Tom Cruise movies you've seen?

Every wave is new until it breaks.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 06, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »

To start with classic, "Rain Man", "Top Gun", "Born At 4th Of July", "Interview With Vampire" (interesting role, still not much), pure trash "Cocktail", past mission impossibles, "Vanilla Sky" (boring cast, boring film), "Firm", "War Of Worlds", "Jack Reacher".

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 06, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »

To start with classic, "Rain Man", "Top Gun", "Born At 4th Of July", "Interview With Vampire" (interesting role, still not much), pure trash "Cocktail", past mission impossibles, "Vanilla Sky" (boring cast, boring film), "Firm", "War Of Worlds", "Jack Reacher".

Ah, well you've seen your fair share of Tom Cruise movies. If none of those made you a fan, then it's probably not going to happen. Just an observation, but I'd say A Few Good Men, Collateral, and The Last Samurai, are his best that you haven't seen.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 06, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »

RRA1 - Gotta agree about Tom Cruise. I just never found him attractive, believable, meh.
KDS
« Reply #935 on: August 07, 2018, 05:06:12 AM »

Ah, well you've seen your fair share of Tom Cruise movies. If none of those made you a fan, then it's probably not going to happen. Just an observation, but I'd say A Few Good Men, Collateral, and The Last Samurai, are his best that you haven't seen.

I can't say I'm really a fan of Tom Cruise, but his small part in the movie Tropic Thunder is hilarious. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 07, 2018, 05:45:31 AM »

2KDS: Top 20 horrors refused. What about Top 20 comedies?

KDS
« Reply #937 on: August 07, 2018, 06:03:10 AM »

2KDS: Top 20 horrors refused. What about Top 20 comedies?

That one's a little easier for me. 

1.  Ghostbusters (1984)

The rest are in no particular order, but Ghostbusters will always be #1 in my book

2.  Blazing Saddles
3.  Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
4.  Summer Rental
5.  Step Brothers
6.  This Is Spinal Tap
7.  Anchorman
8.  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
9.  Airplane
10. The Naked Gun
11. Young Frankenstein
12. Beerfest
13. Caddyshack
14. National Lampoon's Animal House
15. National Lampoon's Vacation
16. The Great Outdoors
17. Shaun of the Dead
18. Walk Hard
19. Major League
20. The Sandlot
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 07, 2018, 06:18:40 AM »

Tell me about "Anchorman", "Sandlot", "Step Brothers". This is new titles to me. Is each film with decent humor? I dislike mauvais ton humor.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:20:34 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

KDS
« Reply #939 on: August 07, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »

Tell me about "Anchorman", "Sandlot", "Step Brothers". This is new titles to me. Is each film with decent humor? I dislike mauvais ton humor.

You probably wouldn't like Step Brothers.   Step Brothers is an absurd 2008 comedy about Will Ferrell and John C Reilly as forty year olds who act like children.   It does feature some crude humor, but nothing really over the top.   

Anchorman is 2004 comedy set in the 1970s about Will Ferrell as the head of a fictional news team.   It features a great ensemble cast including Steve Carell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Keonchner, and Fred Willard among others. 

The Sandlot is more of a family friendly movie.   Released in 1993, it's about a group of nine kids in 1962 who get together every day to play baseball. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 08, 2018, 05:46:15 AM »

Re: great ensemble cast, I'd agree with you about anybody except Christina Applegate (talent-free) & Paul Rudd (nothing special).

Fun game - since today is Wednesday, list films with "green" in the title.

KDS
« Reply #941 on: August 08, 2018, 07:14:53 AM »

Re: great ensemble cast, I'd agree with you about anybody except Christina Applegate (talent-free) & Paul Rudd (nothing special).

Fun game - since today is Wednesday, list films with "green" in the title.

Soylent Green

The Green Mile
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 08, 2018, 07:23:29 AM »

I didn't ask it before which is strange - what's the very latest film you liked?

KDS
« Reply #943 on: August 08, 2018, 07:29:41 AM »

I didn't ask it before which is strange - what's the very latest film you liked?

I haven't seen a whole lot of movies over the last two years, but the most recent movie that I really liked is probably The Lego Batman Movie.   As a Batman fan, I've seen the onscreen version of Batman become ultra serious over the last 13 years, and this movie was a fun counterpart to that. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 08, 2018, 07:47:49 AM »

Many usually quickly say this banal thing "If you don't like new films, you've got close mind. If you seek to like new films, you've got open mind". Do you agree with it? Disagree?

KDS
« Reply #945 on: August 08, 2018, 08:00:15 AM »

Many usually quickly say this banal thing "If you don't like new films, you've got close mind. If you seek to like new films, you've got open mind". Do you agree with it? Disagree?

I don't buy that.   I think it comes down to personal taste, but I think it's stupid to write off somebody's personal taste as "closed minded."

I've been accused of being closed minded a lot due to my music taste because the vast majority of the stuff I listen to happens to be rock music released between 1962-1992.   I've said many times before that, in general, I think music has gone way downhill in the last 25 years.   Of course, that's not to say it's ALL bad.   I also get the old "you're closed minded" stuff when I say I don't like rap.   I just don't find it appealing. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 08, 2018, 08:18:58 AM »

Affirmative. 100% agree. Did you at some point visit signings to meet favorite film actors? When & who?

KDS
« Reply #947 on: August 08, 2018, 08:28:52 AM »

Affirmative. 100% agree. Did you at some point visit signings to meet favorite film actors? When & who?

I've only ever attended one signing with an actor.   And it's funny because I was just talking about it yesterday.    About ten years ago, Billy Bob Thorton appeared at a local record store with his band The Boxmasters.    I decided it was a rare opportunity to meet an actor, so I went, and was surprised to see the line wasn't very long.   

I'm not sure if Billy opened his mouth to speak a word the whole time was there, but he was nice enough to look up for a quick photograph and shake my hand. 

I also met R. Lee Ermey, who recently passed away.   It was at a car show event I was working, and he came over to our booth.   He was very nice, and I wish I got a picture or an autograph.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 12, 2018, 06:42:43 AM »

You said before, last year, about liking "Shrek". If it's made into film with real people cast, who would you wish it stars? Mine: Shrek - Vin Diesel, Fiona - Christina Ricci, Donkey - Matthew Lillard, Cat With Boots - smb. very cute & sly, not sure who. Edit: maybe James Marsden, even if he's not catlike face. But he's good actor, could play the Cat really well. :D

Maybe there's the other characters forgetted.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:48:35 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

KDS
« Reply #949 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:04 AM »

You said before, last year, about liking "Shrek". If it's made into film with real people cast, who would you wish it stars? Mine: Shrek - Vin Diesel, Fiona - Christina Ricci, Donkey - Matthew Lillard, Cat With Boots - smb. very cute & sly, not sure who. Edit: maybe James Marsden, even if he's not catlike face. But he's good actor, could play the Cat really well. :D

Maybe there's the other characters forgetted.

I think John C Reilly would make a good Shrek in a live action version.   I don't think Vin Diesel has the range.   I could see Emma Stone as Fiona.   As for Donkey, I honestly think they'd have to go with Eddie Murphy. 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: