-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443362 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »

I just got into Freaks and Geeks.
This show is so relatable, for so many reasons.
Mostly, I'm in love with Jason Segel... And I relate to the girl a lot. Not that I'm hanging with the "wrong crowd" or anything, but I've definitely been that person who's held up to that goody-two-shoes standard and it can be really annoying.
It's also educating me on classic rock. I have an impetus to listen to more of the Who and Zeppelin now.

Freaks And Geeks is brilliant. Shame it only lasted one season. The funniest character by far is Lindsay and Sam's dad, as well as Bill Haverchuck
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2016, 04:50:17 PM »

Freaks And Geeks is brilliant. Shame it only lasted one season. The funniest character by far is Lindsay and Sam's dad, as well as Bill Haverchuck
I really the characters. The geeks are funny. Gotta love the ridiculous jokes from Neal.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
bluesno1fann
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:34 PM »

I really the characters. The geeks are funny. Gotta love the ridiculous jokes from Neal.

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2016, 05:26:57 PM »

^I just watched that one a few days ago. Jewish humor.... Tongue

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2016, 12:17:33 AM »

Horace and Pete with Louie C.K. and Alan Alda. Far and away the funniest thing I've seen in a while  LOL hearing Alda be so foul mouthed is a huge contrast to Hawkeye!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »

KDS
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »

Love Kentucky Fried Movie and Revenge of the Nerds.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »

I ended up seeing Civil War the other day at a newly remodeled theatre in town. Really addictive chocolate popcorn served there.

Honestly I really enjoyed the movie. Especially the last half. Paul Rudd and that Tom Holland kid make up a lot of the awkward humor that I love so much.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »

Honestly I really enjoyed the movie. Especially the last half. Paul Rudd and that Tom Holland kid make up a lot of the awkward humor that I love so much.

Have you ever seen Nathan for You?
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »

I have not. Why?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »

I have not. Why?

If awkward humor is your thing, it is the greatest TV show ever created. I've known a few people who find it nearly unwatchable, but it's probably one of my favorite things ever. I love it so much. The premise is this guy, Nathan Fielder, goes to different businesses (and sometimes starts his own), and pitches ideas to them that he thinks will make them more successful. Here's one where he convinces a realtor to sell her homes by advertising them as "ghost free": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BlydBMAVU&ab_channel=ComedyCentral

It's all 100% real, by the way.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:38:41 PM by Bubs » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »

I have not. Why?

If awkward humor is your thing, it is the greatest TV show ever created. I've known a few people who find it nearly unwatchable, but it's probably one of my favorite things ever. I love it so much. The premise is this guy, Nathan Fielder, goes to different businesses (and sometimes starts his own), and pitches ideas to them that he thinks will make them more successful. Here's one where he convinces a realtor to sell her homes by advertising them as "ghost free": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BlydBMAVU&ab_channel=ComedyCentral

It's all 100% real, by the way.

So if you're a fan of shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm and the U.K. Office, then you'd enjoy this?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »

I watch Rushmore a lot. And now I'm doing it again.

I watched Dont Look Back a handful of days ago. Fascinating movie--really, you named two of your children "Stephen"?

I'm a big fan of Criterion films.
KDS
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2016, 05:18:23 AM »

I keep catching bits and pieces of Very Bad Things on TV.

That's a great dark comedy. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2016, 06:36:57 AM »

Nothing new this week. Welcome to the Dollhouse and All About Eve.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2016, 11:30:48 AM »

Different....  Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uiJsAp82jg
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2016, 11:33:45 PM »

I'm now watching Vernon, Florida, one of my all-time favorite films/documentaries.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2016, 12:37:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSN5ysERog

This video made my life better.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2016, 03:44:49 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSN5ysERog

This video made my life better.

Facially, Mac reminds me very strongly of a female relative of my wife's. Same gap in the teeth, same shape of head. No disrespect meant in either direction! 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »

Grand Torino.  Smokin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »

St. Vincent

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »

American graffiti what a classic

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »

Just watched Forever Hardcore: The Documentary on EC fuckin' W. 
http://youtu.be/BSGyi1RXlBM

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »

"Sabotage". As we know, Hitch made British & American films, "Sabotage" is favorite from his British. It features the best villain played by Oscar Homolka.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »

"Elevator" (2011) & "Permanent Vacation" (1980), Jim Jarmusch debut shot in cheap amateur student camera.
The 1st is people of different nationalities & financial status stuck in the elevator of the tall building. Thanks to granddaughter of the boss; she didn't like some Jew comic with claustrophobia that couldn't wait when the lift stops. They all prepared for the corporate bash.
"Vacation" is old fave. Main hero narrates with drone kind of lispy depressed voice which adds coolness. Young skinny chap wanders about the empty streets of New York City - it's in ruins - sees strange people, visits his mother in the yellow house, the airplanes fly in the sky, some guy is outside the destroyed building, they chew the fat for a bit, attends empty theatre to watch movie, there he sees old black chap, the only thing he can talk about is Doppelganger effect. When the youngster comes back to the small flat he shares with the owner, some woman about 30, there is scene of him dancing to Earl Bostic's vinyl "Up There in Orbit". There is not much going around, about 5-7 characters, little dialogue. The score is by Jarmusch & John Lurie, his friend, played in Jim's "Stranger Than Paradise", "Down By Law" with young Tom Waits & Roberto Benigni as 3 jailmates. Smb. will dub it "Boring", it isn't typical "happy end" stuff. Well, it doesn't end unhappy either, rather what the title says - the guy never settles in the same place, when he gets bored & tired of it, he travels smwr else. It seems slow but actually lasts 1h 15m. I advise to fans of bizarre indie avant-garde movies with macabre music.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: