-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443290 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 11:51:12 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:27:29 PM by zatch » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »

Watch it, seriously. It's a great film.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »

I've been obsessing over American Hustle since I saw it last week.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if that takes the Best Picture Oscar.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »

At the moment?  If you are talking about recent films, I have seen Wolf of Wall St., Walter Mitty, Her, and August/Osage.

In order of favorite to least favorite;  Her, Mitty, August, Wolf.  I found Her hypnotic and fascinating, Mitty as very entertaining and beautifully filmed, August a bit Tenessee Williams, and Wolf disgusting and way too long.  Don't bother with Wolf.  Just watch Goodfellas  along with Wall Street again.  Two superior movies and it will only take an additional hour over the excruciating 3 hours of the Wolf.  I like DeCaprio and Scorcese but not this time and not this movie.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »

At the moment?  If you are talking about recent films, I have seen Wolf of Wall St., Walter Mitty, Her, and August/Osage.

In order of favorite to least favorite;  Her, Mitty, August, Wolf.  I found Her hypnotic and fascinating, Mitty as very entertaining and beautifully filmed, August a bit Tenessee Williams, and Wolf disgusting and way too long.  Don't bother with Wolf.  Just watch Goodfellas  along with Wall Street again.  Two superior movies and it will only take an additional hour over the excruciating 3 hours of the Wolf.  I like DeCaprio and Scorcese but not this time and not this movie.

Haven't seen Her. Doesn't look very good, some guy talking to his computer like it's his girlfriend, ugh. Wolf was GREAT! Lots of tits and ass. Mitty started so badly, I thought I might have to walk out, but it did turn out to be a really good movie. Haven't seen August, either; I hear good acting buit a real downer, from the folks I've taked to. Nebraska was pretty slow( almost as slow as Inside Llewyn Davis) but the son seemd to be a good actor. Bruce Dern mostly mumbled and shuffled, which doesn't seem to be too much great acting to me. Lone Survivor was really good. American Hustle I enjoyed a lot! But ANYTHING with Jennifer Lawrence is worth seeing, and thro in Amy Adams and Christian Bale? WHoaa....  Best done movie seen recently, The Book Thief. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:19 AM »

'Salem's Lot - Tobe Hooper's one great film outside of TCM. Very creepy for a tv movie.

Also it may be the furthest thing from great but I heartily recommended Maximum Overdrive which King himself directed. It gets trashed but the first 30 minutes or so are very entertaining.
Have you seen the newer take of "Salem's Lot"? For some odd reason, I didn't reach my hands on buying the old one (much as I'm a fan of Tobe), but I did enjoy the modern version, though it wasn't necessarily scary, just interesting plot & acting. But now you mentioned, this time I won't miss on watching that other "Salem's Lot".

I like "Maximum Overdrive" too! Glad I'm not alone on it. The bit when the bridge unfolds while there's still motion is way cool! People sliding up & down & watermelon crashing into the back window of the packed car is hilarious. Also some odd-looking couple after just getting married or on the way to the church being fooled by a mad car who plays with them cat-and-mice either going calm or all of a sudden come out spying up the poor.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 06:31:37 AM »

Just finished watching "Eraserhead", famous cult movie. I'm quite puzzled about the plot, what's the moral behind of it, and all the characters seemed so dumb. That said, I liked the movie, the plane noises were so cool! The whole time I've been tricked into a thought that I'm flying, complete with takeoff & landing. The music Henry played in his flat was weirdly beautiful (or beautifully weird). For some reason, I felt sorry for a fish-born baby, he was cute in a way & didn't deserve to die. The same cannot be said about worms: I hate them & I don't know why the girl from radiator cutely smiled while stepping on them - oh wait, that was her show! Even grosser moment appeared when Henry got worms out of Mary. Good thing the movie had funny moments too for the balance, f.ex., when Henry walks on the way home & his right foot gets stuck in the mud, it turns out later to be the left one, because the weirdo undresses his left sock to dry it on the radiator. Then we have the finale where his head falls to the ground, a little boy finds it, hands it over to his boss & by strange circumstances it's all that needed for making erasers! The director must've been a crazy genius if he came up with that bit (or entire movie). But of course, the dinner scene was boring (could care less about chicken moving boots, static granny & psychotic mother) & I didn't respect Mary for leaving the child in a sick condition. 7/10.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:18:41 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:55:06 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »

How long until Don Draper grows a Mike Brady afro?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
halblaineisgood
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:19:28 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 12:31:42 AM »

Norbit is my favorite movie

Norbit.

Aaaaack. Well I guess we're both just really clever.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 12:49:49 AM »

Just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel recently. Was very good.
It's a visually beautiful film.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 07:21:11 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:50:43 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 08:23:30 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:47:07 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

stupid internet. goshdarn I'm sick of them cutting off the credits mid-song. this week was a real good one.

What the Heck was that song at the end of Mad Men this week?  Great song!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »

Just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel recently. Was very good.
It's a visually beautiful film.

That WAs a good-un.
I like The Family Stone alot lately. Claire Danes and Rachel McAdams

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
halblaineisgood
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 06:36:14 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:36:10 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »

stupid internet. goshdarn I'm sick of them cutting off the credits mid-song. this week was a real good one.

That's not the internet.  That's AMC.  They always cut off the song for the totally inane "On the next Mad Men" segments.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:12:33 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 12:06:30 AM »

Empire Of The Sun. Total Tearjerker
bluesno1fann
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 01:16:32 AM »

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »

I can't see the 1st film poster. I tried to copy/paste the image link in another tab to see what it is, but still nothing. So, Rei?

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 07:51:29 AM »

Chinatown

Watched this for the first time a few weeks ago Shocked truly a masterpiece.

Empire Of The Sun. Total Tearjerker

John Williams' score works perfectly with this movie. One of the best scenes in movie history when the P-51s fly over the camp.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »

'Hot Fuzz', 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Scott Pilgrim vs The World' all by Edgar Wright. Love his style.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: