-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 443494 times)
KDS
« Reply #1000 on: August 20, 2018, 08:12:29 AM »

I mean, of course, these actresses in their heyday. When they didn't get spoiled, didn't age etc.

I'd seen the phrase "on demand" frequently. What does it mean?

Tara Reid us young enough where she should really be in her heyday still, but she got really heavy into drugs in the 2000s.   

On Demand is a service offered by most cable companies where you can select TV shows and movies to watch whenever you want, sometimes for a small fee if it's a first run movie. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 20, 2018, 08:23:08 AM »

Well, suppose drugs didn't affect her appearance as in early-mid 2000s she still looked good.

Do you see similarity between 2 different characters in 2 different films? F.ex. few people compared Arnold's Terminator to Dustin's rain man. Who will YOU compare?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1002 on: August 20, 2018, 08:47:38 AM »

Well, suppose drugs didn't affect her appearance as in early-mid 2000s she still looked good.

Do you see similarity between 2 different characters in 2 different films? F.ex. few people compared Arnold's Terminator to Dustin's rain man. Who will YOU compare?

She was still in her 20s in the mid 2000s, but if you look at her now, you can see how some hard living has aged her prematurely.   Frankly, I still think she's attractive, but not the stunner she was, and still could be. 

I'm not sure a robot and a guy with autism is a really good comparison.   But, I'd go with Chevy Chase's smart ass detective in Fletch and Ryan Reynolds smart ass waiter in Waiting. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 20, 2018, 05:25:18 PM »

I didn't see Tara's recent pics (anybody else's, for that matter). As long as she kept those gorgeous shiny eyes, she'll still be beautiful.

People in the Internet who compared rain man with Terminator said they both hide feelings. Will you say it's true?

Speaking of Chevy Chase, do you think he's funny? Many say he is. Do you wish he played in dramas/ horrors/ thrillers?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #1004 on: August 21, 2018, 05:20:00 AM »

I didn't see Tara's recent pics (anybody else's, for that matter). As long as she kept those gorgeous shiny eyes, she'll still be beautiful.

People in the Internet who compared rain man with Terminator said they both hide feelings. Will you say it's true?

Speaking of Chevy Chase, do you think he's funny? Many say he is. Do you wish he played in dramas/ horrors/ thrillers?

I can't really agree with the Rain Man / Terminator comparison to be honest.   But, there are a lot of silly things on the internet. 

I do think Chevy Chase was very funny in his hey day.   I think he could do other types of roles, but as a huge fan of comedy, I have a lot of respect for actors who stay in the genre, even if it won't bring them the prestige that other genres will. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 22, 2018, 05:00:17 AM »

Since we discuss comedians - people knowingly cite Robin Williams & Steve Martin as being not simply funny but inventive, i.e. they created/ pioneered/ brought sth. that paved the way in comedy, things like that. Esp. state it about Steve. Any idea what they talk about? Can you shed light to it?

KDS
« Reply #1006 on: August 22, 2018, 05:21:25 AM »

Since we discuss comedians - people knowingly cite Robin Williams & Steve Martin as being not simply funny but inventive, i.e. they created/ pioneered/ brought sth. that paved the way in comedy, things like that. Esp. state it about Steve. Any idea what they talk about? Can you shed light to it?

Williams and Martin, when they did stand up comedy, didn't just stand on a stage and tell jokes, they brought a sense of showmanship to stand up comedy with Martin's musical routines and Williams' energy. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 22, 2018, 05:41:10 AM »

Whose fan you'd be - Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Chevy Chase, Kevin Nealon, Chris Tucker, Tim Allen, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray etc.? Who frequently induced laughs to you?

KDS
« Reply #1008 on: August 22, 2018, 05:56:47 AM »

Whose fan you'd be - Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Chevy Chase, Kevin Nealon, Chris Tucker, Tim Allen, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray etc.? Who frequently induced laughs to you?

Other than Chris Tucker, who I find more annoying than funny, I like all the guys you mentioned.   

I'd also add John Candy, Will Ferrell, Dan Akyroyd, Steve Carell, Jason Sudekis, and Seth Rogen to that list. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 22, 2018, 06:00:21 AM »

Still, who do you like the best? Tell single name or at least do the ranking.

KDS
« Reply #1010 on: August 22, 2018, 06:48:09 AM »

Still, who do you like the best? Tell single name or at least do the ranking.

My all time favorite is probably Bill Murray, even though he's not as prolific, during his prime from say 1979-1993, he starred in some great comedies.   I think his recent career, especially his being a favorite for the overrated Wes Anderson, leaves a lot to be desired, but that initial run was so great, I'll overlook it
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 22, 2018, 07:03:40 AM »

Did you try to do stand-up before friends or, as additional payment did it?

Is Baltimore any comedian's land?

KDS
« Reply #1012 on: August 22, 2018, 07:15:20 AM »

Did you try to do stand-up before friends or, as additional payment did it?

Is Baltimore any comedian's land?

There's no way I could do stand up comedy due to my fear of public speaking.   

I know Anna Faris, who was starred in several comedies, was born in Baltimore.   Amy Schumer went to the same college I did at the same time.   Maybe we shared a class together who knows?   But, Baltimore's not really famous for any one in particular. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 22, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »

Do you wish Steve Martin or smb. else in the list visited Baltimore to do master class for Baltimoresters wishing to be comedians? To boost Baltimore's cred?

KDS
« Reply #1014 on: August 22, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »

Do you wish Steve Martin or smb. else in the list visited Baltimore to do master class for Baltimoresters wishing to be comedians? To boost Baltimore's cred?

Steve Martin and Martin Short did just come through town, but not to give a class. 

I don't know if having the greats mentor people would equate to greatness.   Frankly, I think Baltimore has much bigger problems than not having cred in the comedy world. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 22, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »

What for did they visit town then? Btw, Martin Short's good comedian. He played funnily in some film with boring Nick Nolte. Bizarre duet.

Being film fan, did you/ do you plan to see the main film industry in Hollywood? I think everybody into movies dreams about it at some point. I read that there's special museum/ place in which tourists can see with their eyes & even be surrounded by filming experience. F.ex. they're displayed various stunts/ tricks, computer graphics, they see animation process, various filming secrets & details. Fascinating, isn't it? Anyhoo, answer question.

KDS
« Reply #1016 on: August 22, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »

What for did they visit town then? Btw, Martin Short's good comedian. He played funnily in some film with boring Nick Nolte. Bizarre duet.

Being film fan, did you/ do you plan to see the main film industry in Hollywood? I think everybody into movies dreams about it at some point. I read that there's special museum/ place in which tourists can see with their eyes & even be surrounded by filming experience. F.ex. they're displayed various stunts/ tricks, computer graphics, they see animation process, various filming secrets & details. Fascinating, isn't it? Anyhoo, answer question.

Baltimore has a long history, historic buildings, bars, etc.   We have a nice inner harbor, tourist area with a great aquarium.   Plus, one of the best ballparks in baseball, which visiting fans flock to see since the hometeam stinks.    Plus, Baltimore has gotten really popular among hipsters. 

While I wouldn't mind seeing the sun set on the Pacific one day, I really have no real desire to visit Hollywood. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 22, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »

Do you mean Steve & Martin visited Baltimore to guide tour around it? The question was what for they visited it if it's not give class.

Really? If chance would get your way to visit Hollywood, you'll just say "No"? Can you tell why?

KDS
« Reply #1018 on: August 23, 2018, 05:30:05 AM »

Do you mean Steve & Martin visited Baltimore to guide tour around it? The question was what for they visited it if it's not give class.

Really? If chance would get your way to visit Hollywood, you'll just say "No"? Can you tell why?

Steve and Martin visited Baltimore as part of a comedy tour they're doing.   

Personally, I just don't have much interest in seeing things like the Walk of Fame or the Hollywood sign.   I wouldn't mind taking a walk on the Santa Monica Pier to watch a Pacific Ocean sunset.   But, to be honest, if I ever visited CA, I'd rather go to San Diego. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 23, 2018, 05:40:31 AM »

San Diego Zoo. 3D

Many people, when there is film discussion, cite favorites films with John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John. Do you like these films? Think they're overrated?

KDS
« Reply #1020 on: August 23, 2018, 05:43:43 AM »

San Diego Zoo. 3D

Many people, when there is film discussion, cite favorites films with John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John. Do you like these films? Think they're overrated?

Eh, we have a zoo in Baltimore, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sea World and visiting SD's beaches.   Maybe even take in a Padres game. 

If you're referred to Grease, I'm not a fan at all.   I usually don't like musicals, that one is no exception.   Saturday Night Fever does nothing for me, as I don't care for disco
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 23, 2018, 05:51:05 AM »

Pet Sounds album cover was shot in San Diego Zoo. Figured you hinted at BBs location.

Me too. But John Travolta's good actor. Do you think disco music ruined some films at the time?

KDS
« Reply #1022 on: August 23, 2018, 05:57:15 AM »

Pet Sounds album cover was shot in San Diego Zoo. Figured you hinted at BBs location.

Me too. But John Travolta's good actor. Do you think disco music ruined some films at the time?

To be honest, I don't think Saturday Night Fever would've been that good with out without disco.   At least it provided the inspiration for a funny scene in Airplane.   

I think disco was more damaging to music.   I was speaking with an older friend recently who used to play in a band in the 70s, and he said when disco took over, it suddenly became really hard to get gigs because places were opting for DJs spinning disco records over live music.   To a certain extent, that issue still exists. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 23, 2018, 06:01:47 AM »

Next - which song you picture playing in specific film scene in place of the song playing? Examples?

KDS
« Reply #1024 on: August 23, 2018, 06:13:12 AM »

Next - which song you picture playing in specific film scene in place of the song playing? Examples?

The only one I can think of is Ghostbusters II.   I know they were trying to reach a younger audience, but I'd have rather heard the Ray Parker Jr song during the mid movie montage than the RUN DMC Ghostbusters song.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: