gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Dano on NYC Subway  (Read 2622 times)
Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »

Hello All:

Just thought I would share my first ever celebrity subway spotting.  This afternoon I was transferring to the 6 train at Broadway Lafayette in NYC and none other than Paul Dano was standing on the platform.  Not only was this the first time i've ever seen a celebrity on the subway, but only minutes earlier I had been listening to Friends on my headphones.  He was walking gingerly with a cane and was wearing an army fatigue baseball.  I wasn't brave enough to actually start a conversation and ask him about the Brian biopic, but as I left the train I patted him on the shoulder and said "I'm looking forward to Brian Wilson".  He thanked me and said goodbye.  Sorry I don't have more to share!  Just thought it was a spooky, cool event worth sharing.  

-s
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:55:05 PM by Surfs Down » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »

Would've been surreal....especially with Friends playing Cheesy

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »

That's really cool, man!  Way to stay classy by giving him some encouragement and letting him be. Smiley

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 11:30:37 PM »

On related news, Paul Giamatti was at Fallon's yesterday, did anybody catch if he promoted L&M?

Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »

he didn't  Sad

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

Hello All:

Just thought I would share my first ever celebrity subway spotting.  This afternoon I was transferring to the 6 train at Broadway Lafayette in NYC and none other than Paul Dano was standing on the platform.  Not only was this the first time i've ever seen a celebrity on the subway, but only minutes earlier I had been listening to Friends on my headphones.  He was walking gingerly with a cane and was wearing an army fatigue baseball.  I wasn't brave enough to actually start a conversation and ask him about the Brian biopic, but as I left the train I patted him on the shoulder and said "I'm looking forward to Brian Wilson".  He thanked me and said goodbye.  Sorry I don't have more to share!  Just thought it was a spooky, cool event worth sharing.  

-s
Hello, Surfs Down! Good story. I assume Paul was traveling by subway due to the money limitations. I mean, he's not a 1st-rate actor like Brad Pitt or Abigail Breslin (despite that she's younger than him), not even easily recognized by the majority of people. And it's a shame really. Gangway for young actors! No more banal usual faces on screen. Give sth. fresh idea-wise.
In short, a good story, thank for sharing it, Surfs!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »

I assume Paul was traveling by subway due to the money limitations. I mean, he's not a 1st-rate actor like Brad Pitt or Abigail Breslin (despite that she's younger than him), not even easily recognized by the majority of people. A

I don't think money has anything to do with it.  Paul is a native New Yorker so no doubt the subway is something very familiar to him.  Nearly everyone in NYC takes the subway--it doesn't discriminate based on class.  Actor Keanu Reeves was even recently spotted riding the subway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMB1EOnUwX8
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »

Great story. As long as you didn't grab his ass.
Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

Great story. As long as you didn't grab his ass.

I wouldn't do that.  The guy's injured.  Also, did you see what hugh jackman did to him in 'Prisoners'?
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »

I know. Pretty damn scary. I wouldn't have had the nerve to approach him at all!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 07:51:26 AM »

I don't think money has anything to do with it. Paul is a native New Yorker so no doubt the subway is something very familiar to him. Nearly everyone in NYC takes the subway - it doesn't discriminate based on class. 
Very interesting info, Justin. As a non-American fan of America, I like reading sth. new about the country, esp. my favorite New York State/City. So thank you very much! I'll surely take your post for note. As for the YT link, I honestly have no idea who is that actor, though his name does sound familiar. Good tradition of being equal to each other, no limos & rich stuff. Very democratic, unlike in our country where almost everyone - middle class or no - tries to be luxurious.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx