gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:26:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon next week.  (Read 3255 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »

http://www.brianwilson.com/news/2013/10/2/brian-wilson-and-jeff-beck-to-perform-together-live-on-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-thursday-october-10

Should be a good show, Fallon has a lot of appreciation for the Beach Boys.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:47:18 AM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »

Interesting! I wonder what they'll play... Surf's Up and some of the finale stuff?
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »

Thanks for posting. Great! The new album isn't even out yet.

I'm sure we'll see Al and David there, too.

It would be cool to have Blondie there as well. You know something...that could happen. I think Jimmy likes those big jam sessions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:25:06 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »

This must be some sort of mistake. Remember, multiple folks here have assured us that no one in the media is interested in Brian Wilson without the Beach Boys, and that Al's comments have made the BAD group toxic.

The only person anyone wants to see is Mike, who has the voice for the hits that people want to hear. That's surely who Jimmy Fallon has booked, right? Surely.
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »

This must be some sort of mistake. Remember, multiple folks here have assured us that no one in the media is interested in Brian Wilson without the Beach Boys, and that Al's comments have made the BAD group toxic.

The only person anyone wants to see is Mike, who has the voice for the hits that people want to hear. That's surely who Jimmy Fallon has booked, right? Surely.

I was thinking the same thing.

This is all a M Night Shamalamalan movie.

TWIST

Mike...IS Brian
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »

It was Mike all along! He woulda got away with it too if it weren't for you meddlin' kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »

Bruce does kinda look like a scooby doo villain these days....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

On related news, Paul Giamatti was at Fallon's yesterday, did anybody catch if he promoted L&M?

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »

I'm tellin' ya. Watch for these two on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. It's such a unique pairing. Great publicity for both parties.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »

On related news, Paul Giamatti was at Fallon's yesterday, did anybody catch if he promoted L&M?

He didn't, but Fallon did mention that he had 4 movies coming out.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/paul-giamatti-is-a-conspiracy-theory-fan/n41459/
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »

You mean those people with THE NERVE(!) to say anything remotely critical about anything to do with Brian or Al or the Beck tour are all just Mike Love groupies and relatives. Buzzkill. We must all get on board Brian's Starship Enterprise and live long and prosper and love and mercy. Or it means we want to make love to Mike Love and clap along with Bruce in our matching bermuda shorts.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:54 PM »

So sad. Fallon was so thrilled to have the real BB together again, and now he graciously tries to support BW as best he can, but what a degeneration and decline from the majestic 50th. Watch the live show in Japan and then watch a youtube video of Beck and BAD. . . . . .like day and night.
Anything short of all 5 BB together is nothing to me.
Do you know what the BB should be doing? Playing MIC songs together in concert. You're still a mystery, soul serchin', etc: that would be great. Instead, what do we have? The Beck shows are awkwardness beyond expression. Brian can't sing Mike's leads; Jeff thinks he's a savior; Melindy keeps Mike away from writing w/B; all we have is ego hell and despair. Any praise of the BAD shows is based on the enforced mythology that Brian is better without Mike bringing him down. Rubbish.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 09:29:34 PM »

I was bummed when the reunion fell apart, but you know what? Brian IS better without Mike, and Mike did everyone a favor when he went back to touring the M&B show. The only thing we've really lost is the Beach Boys name, and if that's what it takes to keep Mike happy then let him have it. He is content to portray the BBs as an oldies revue placing himself front and center. Brian continues to create new music and push the envelope in his own way. Who would have guessed we'd get a Wilson/Beck collaboration, with Al, Dave, and Blondie??!!! We could have had another Beach Boys album, but Mike said no. Talk about "ego hell and despair"...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:31:03 PM by bossaroo » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »

check the comments section. ethans revenge?  Roll Eyes  Shocked
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:33:51 AM by Gertie J. » Logged

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: