gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:15:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck 2013 Guitar Picks???  (Read 2316 times)
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »

There are a few Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck 2013 tour guitar picks turning up on the secondary market right now.  I was warned by somebody that these are all fake and that there are no legitamit Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck 2013 tour guitar picks.  Can anybody who has been to one of the recent shows answer this question for me?  Is Jeff Beck or anybody in Brian's band using a custom printed guitar pick that says "Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck 2013", or are they all using generic picks?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »

I was at the Hollywood Florida show and it looked like Jeff Beck was using his thumb the entire time. He may use a pick at times but I couldn't tell if he was. Someone who knows more about him could answer that. Brian never picked up a bass and was behind the keyboard the whole time so it wouldn't make sense for him to have a pick. As far as other band members, I have no clue.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:08:22 PM by lee » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »

If these are the ones you're referring to than they don't look very promising.  Jeff mainly plays with his fingers and I'd doubt any of the other guitar players would use these.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »

If these are the ones you're referring to than they don't look very promising.  Jeff mainly plays with his fingers and I'd doubt any of the other guitar players would use these.

That doesn't look like Brian's signature to me ….     Wink

“We live in divisive times.”
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »

Definitely fake. That's most certainly not a real guitar pick, it's a tiny avocado pear that's been flattened, dried and painted yellow. When will these counterfeit pick makers stop?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »

Keep in mind that there are numerous print shops and made-to-order businesses that will do custom printing on your choice of guitar pick materials and gauges/sizes. You can get anything printed on these picks that you ask for. I understand the appeal of collecting concert-used guitar picks to a degree, but if you notice a lot of the "authentic" signature picks have some kind of a logo or a graphic unique to that artist or that particular tour. And if it's just the artist's or the tour's name printed on the pick, I'd be confident only if I were the one to have gotten the pick at the show, that's the only guarantee of authenticity.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

Just for fun: Search for some custom pick manufacturers or printers on line, then look into this set of specs:

"351" shape/style celluloid pick, yellow color, "Brush Script" font for the lettering. Looks to be a heavy gauge thickness.

Note that the bigger shops won't do "counterfeit" picks, for obvious reasons, so you can't order a case of picks with a famous name or tour unless you're a member of that tour. But any number of print shops could do it under the radar.

BIG NOTE: I'm not making a call on the pick shown in the photos above, I have no idea what that is or where it came from. I'm just saying there are places where anyone could get such an item made for themselves, using the specs listed above.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:13 AM »

Who's Brian Wilsou?! Cheesy
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx