gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:50:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Which is your least favorite song on M.I.U.?
She's Got Rhythm
Come Go With Me
Hey, Little Tomboy
Kona Coast
Peggy Sue
Wontcha Come Out Tonight?
Sweet Sunday
Belles of Paris
Pitter Patter
My Diane
Match Point of Our Love
Winds of Change

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 35th Anniversary of M.I.U today....  (Read 9193 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:27 AM »

It's a shame, really. Such a beautiful song musically. But I can't think of much worse BB's lyrics (Summer of Love comes into mind, but not much else).
Don't blame Brian. Blame Mike
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »

"Winds of change" made me question Al's ability to handle a lead for a while though.
Shady, what did you find questionable about Al's lead on WOC? Normally, it's "bland" arrangement, lyrics & melody that people question in the song. You're maybe the only 1 who had trouble with the vocals there. But I'm glad your opinion's changed since - Al's singing is beautiful, no doubts. Same mellow style he'd use on "Lady Lynda".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »

Match Point is another one I like, almost forgot about it. Brian almost sounds like he did on Busy Doin' Nothin' 10 years prior.

As for Winds of Change... too forced for me.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »

"Winds of change" made me question Al's ability to handle a lead for a while though.
Shady, what did you find questionable about Al's lead on WOC? Normally, it's "bland" arrangement, lyrics & melody that people question in the song. You're maybe the only 1 who had trouble with the vocals there. But I'm glad your opinion's changed since - Al's singing is beautiful, no doubts. Same mellow style he'd use on "Lady Lynda".

I like "Winds Of Change" immediately after "My Diane". I guess this belongs in the alternate album thread, but my preferred sequence/ending of MIU Side 2 would be:

09 Pitter Patter
10 Matchpoint Of Our Love
11 My Diane
12 Winds Of Change
13 Our Team

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »

It's a shame, really. Such a beautiful song musically. But I can't think of much worse BB's lyrics

I can, easily: The Private Life Of Bill And Sue, Summer Of Love.

Matchpoint to me is too much typical 70s sound for me to like it. Especially the drums and strings.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »

I like "Winds Of Change" immediately after "My Diane". I guess this belongs in the alternate album thread, but my preferred sequence/ending of MIU Side 2 would be:

09 Pitter Patter
10 Matchpoint Of Our Love
11 My Diane
12 Winds Of Change
13 Our Team

Our Team should definitely have been on the album, preferably in place of Winds. What the hell were they thinking leaving that one in the can?
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

It's a shame, really. Such a beautiful song musically. But I can't think of much worse BB's lyrics

Matchpoint to me is too much typical 70s sound for me to like it. Especially the drums and strings.

So what's wrong with the 70s sound? The 70s were awesome. I don't get your point.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
bluesno1fann
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »

I did mention Summer of Love, and I also said there were a few others
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 04:35:48 AM »

So what's wrong with the 70s sound? The 70s were awesome. I don't get your point.

My point is, I don't like that typical 70s sound, that's what's wrong with it. So if you love that 70s sound, which is absolutely OK and accepted by me, you can't get my point.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx