-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Are you an artist?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are you an artist?  (Read 24249 times)
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »

I attempted a FloriDada-inspired flash thingy about a month ago. Unfortunately what was supposed to be a mountainous landscape ended up looking like a pile of spaghetti, but still: http://tiredofthewaawaa.deviantart.com/art/Dip-yourself-into-583334700

Hey, this is cool. Staying true to the trippy nature of AC. I like it!

Also, @Emily, that reminds me much of when I was little and first discovered my love for art. Keep encouraging her to do art; there's a lot of potential there!

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 09:41:24 PM »

I drew a jellyfish and then overlaid it over an image from the guy who does Tame Impala's album art.
source: http://leifpodhajsky.com/Young-Magic-Melt

new background on my new phone.  Cool

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 12:25:40 PM »

Took a photo. Did various things in photoshop. Added color. Made my own album art. Dream career.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:26:32 PM by undercover-m » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »

I can draw blood...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »

Yes, I sat in a tree in a park and drew an adjacent tree. Don't judge Tongue

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

Yes, I sat in a tree in a park and drew an adjacent tree. Don't judge Tongue

I won't, except to say it looks really good! :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 06:13:47 PM »

I've been compiling rare/unreleased/demo versions of Tame Impala songs today, and I made a sort of misc. album artwork using a photo I took at my favorite music festival.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 02:54:37 AM »

I've been compiling rare/unreleased/demo versions of Tame Impala songs today, and I made a sort of misc. album artwork using a photo I took at my favorite music festival.

Nice. I like the use of purple for the logo and for the sweep of the landscape...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 12:58:06 AM »

Lifted from my other forum:

This dates from the mid 1970s and illustrates my technique (such as it was) at the time. This example is A4 size----later I did some that were at least four times as big but the colours (made with cheapo felt pens) have faded over time. This one is in a sketchbook so it has weathered well:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:27:51 AM by JK » Logged

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »

Hey, John. This is cool stuff. I like the concept of creating difference spaces by just changing the intensity of the colors. You should definitely post more art!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »

Hey, John. This is cool stuff. I like the concept of creating difference spaces by just changing the intensity of the colors. You should definitely post more art!

OK. Here's another more basic one from the same source:

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 04:14:11 AM »

And here's the last one from me (same era) for now:

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2020, 01:20:59 PM »

I found this felt-pen drawing while tidying up our supply of wrapping paper, much of it recycled. This one was rolled up, which is probably why its colours haven't faded much. I should imagine it dates from the mid to late '70s:

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2020, 02:41:25 AM »

Being a frustrated BeachBoys-driven wannabe (cinematic) con(amore)-artist MiceElf, now trying my (usually bad) luck as a comicwriter/palindromist-"cart¤¤nist".....

Any of U REAL artists ever tried creating Beach Boys-inspired portraits or graphic novels?. If so, PLEASE show & tell!  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  The painter Chloe Cummings has done very well in that depARTment:

http://www.chloepaintings.blogspot.com/2008/10/sketch-sketch-sketch-beach-boys-beach.html?m=0

http://www.chloepaintings.blogspot.com/search/label/brian%20wilson?=0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:09:21 PM by >PapaLaPap< » Logged

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: