gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:19:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More About Brian/ Beck and New Album.  (Read 108987 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »

It was found by a judge that Brian needed a conservator...

As the Landy years drew to a close. Brian has not had a conservator for many years.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »

so Jeff is the first to go. I wonder where he will show up? The professor stands by his earlier predictions. it will be exciting to see precisely what happens now.

Sez who ? And assuming for the sake of argument he has, he'd be far from the first:

Todd Sucherman...
Jim Hines...
Bob Lizik...
Taylor Mills...

IIRC, Todd left to play with Styx, and has returned to play on Brian's albums up through BWRG in 2010. And, of course, Lizik is back in the band.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:41 PM »

As the Landy years drew to a close. Brian has not had a conservator for many years.

I didn't say he did.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »

I looked at the Papa Doo Run website, and all their gigs are few and far between private gigs. Would Jeff really not appear on a Brian album for that? Maybe?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

Wonder why Bob L is back now...wonder what happened with Brett Simons. ..?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2014, 10:27:30 PM »

Suspect it might be more a case of who's available to play when Brian's able/inspired to record?

“We live in divisive times.”
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 01, 2014, 02:20:59 AM »

Agreed. What if we had Teh Internet when BW was recording Pet Sounds?

zOMG! Hal Blaine not on today's session. Dafuq? Falling out with Brian?

Sessions are going on for months and months, thousands of overdubs. About as far away from live in the studio as you can get. Not everyone is going to be there for everything.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:22:40 AM by Loaf » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:36 AM »

Brett appeared with The Beach Boys on the Grammys, but was absent from the 2012 tour, I'd say probably b/c of his commitments with Melissa Etheridge. Bob rejoined Brian's band after that tour, but note: Brett has played at least one studio session for Brian this year, probably for this same reason that Jim Keltner, Kenny Aronoff, and possibly Hal Blaine are drumming for Brian in the studio rather than Mike D'Amico: proximity. Bob and Mikey both live in other states (Illinois and Florida, respectively...at least last I heard)...which would also explain why Todd Sucherman isn't drumming for him (as he and Taylor live in Texas now, last I heard).
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 01, 2014, 04:13:54 AM »

Agreed. What if we had Teh Internet when BW was recording Pet Sounds?

zOMG! Hal Blaine not on today's session. Dafuq? Falling out with Brian?
LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 01, 2014, 07:19:32 AM »

Meet Jerome S. Billet
http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/90067-ca-jerome-billet-214429.html

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 01, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »

Meet Jerome S. Billet

I'm aware of Mr. Billet. He was the conservator appointed as the Landy stuff broke up, in '91 or '92. It then went to Melinda after she and Brian married in '95 (https://variety.com/1995/film/features/beach-boy-wilson-sues-former-conservator-99129088/). In the early 2000s, I believe, Brian regained the legal ability to make business decisions on his own.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:19:59 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »

So is or isn't Brian still making an album with Glenn Beck? I'd like to hear their version of "GOMPS" - "get off my phone you little pinhead, get off my phone!"
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 02, 2014, 01:43:43 AM »

Brett appeared with The Beach Boys on the Grammys, but was absent from the 2012 tour, I'd say probably b/c of his commitments with Melissa Etheridge. Bob rejoined Brian's band after that tour, but note: Brett has played at least one studio session for Brian this year, probably for this same reason that Jim Keltner, Kenny Aronoff, and possibly Hal Blaine are drumming for Brian in the studio rather than Mike D'Amico: proximity. Bob and Mikey both live in other states (Illinois and Florida, respectively...at least last I heard)...which would also explain why Todd Sucherman isn't drumming for him (as he and Taylor live in Texas now, last I heard).

You don't any excuse for having Jim Keltner on your session. The man has the touch. Kenny Aronoff on the other hand... i still haven't forgiven him for replacing Spencer Dryden on the Airplane's 89 reunion jeff. Heavyhanded 80s power rock thudding.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »

Meet Jerome S. Billet

I'm aware of Mr. Billet. He was the conservator appointed as the Landy stuff broke up, in '91 or '92. It then went to Melinda after she and Brian married in '95 (https://variety.com/1995/film/features/beach-boy-wilson-sues-former-conservator-99129088/). In the early 2000s, I believe, Brian regained the legal ability to make business decisions on his own.

I had never read that article, thanks for the link. Brian's lawyers supposedly lied under oath during the Mike Love songwriting lawsuit?  With "park bench payoffs" involved, at that? Interesting. I also never knew that Melinda sued Brian's former conservator in the first place.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx