-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Nostalgic Video Games
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nostalgic Video Games  (Read 12124 times)
Jason
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »

"It's 8 o'clock and I'm seein' a 10!"
"TAKE YOUR DAMN CLOTHES OFF!"

That game is awesome in its sheer horribleness.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »

Any of you guys/girls like watching Angry Video Game Nerd?
I love Angry Video Game Nerd! Although I'm a bit sick of him at the moment.
A lot of the game reviews I don't care for too much, I much prefer the console reviews, such as the Sega 32x, Atari Jaguar, Atari 5200, 3D0, Intellivision, etc.
The great thing about AVGN is that it gets people into Retro games. I showed it to a couple of friends. Before watching it, they were only interested in PS3's and Xbox 360's. After showing them AVGN, they loved it immediatly, and are now also into retro gaming!
Jason
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »

To be honest, I'd like to see him review more GOOD games just because he's an excellent reviewer in general. I loved his Castlevania series.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »

Despite still remembering many mental images from the game, I honestly can't remember if the game itself was good or bad. You want to talk about bad NES games - anyone remember the dreaded Friday the 13th game? Now that stunk.

That game is ungodly fucking bad. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was baaaaaaaaad, too.

You guys are nuts.  Friday the 13th is great.  I still play Friday the 13th.   LOL
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »

There was one airplane flying game on Atari that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. The "obstacles" you had to avoid were the same barn for every single level. There was one specific area that you could put the plane in that made it that you could never lose. You could literally go into the other room and watch tv for an hour, and when you came back to the game you still hadn't died.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »

Here's another one I expect to stand alone on.  I love Night Trap.

Come on, this is brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCPL3DJ72tM
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »

I LOVE The AVGN!!! Just grabbed AVGNA, it's a great game!

As for the show, I can't wait until the movie, the Bugs Bunny episode (The second where he gets beat up) is AMAZING :D

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »

I don't play games as much as I used to at all, and not many games on the current generation of consoles have really clicked with me.

What are some nostalgic games for you?

I'd have to list Star Wars Battlefront as one of the best...
I liked the Far Cry games
Grand Theft Auto...

But #1 would be Team Fortress 2...that's still my favorite game.

Anyone remember LAN parties?

I own a classic video game store... you can always judge the most revered games by how much money I'm able to sell them for.  So far on Xbox and PS2 (or ps1) there haven't been too many mainstream games that are worth good money yet, but Star Wars Battlefront fetch the highest prices of the 'common' games... so I would have to point to that as being one of the most 'classic' of the Xbox generation.

Before that, anything by Konami, Nintendo, or Capcom is very sought after and regarded as 'great'. 
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »

BEEEEE SEVENTEEN BAAAAAWMUR.

A discipline daddy.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »

To be honest, I'd like to see him review more GOOD games just because he's an excellent reviewer in general. I loved his Castlevania series.

I think I've re watched that series about 10 times

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »

About the angry video game nerd.  I don't like the guy.  One I'm a very positive person so an angry dude is not typically going to be something i'm interested in.

The real thing though, is, I get kids coming in my store all the time that just take his shtick as gospel.  I mean the guy is just making a living, he doesn't mean a lot of the things he says, but these little kids take this stuff for gospel.

So they'll come in the store, and just say the most asinine things, like "That game's by THQ they all suck".  Now, maybe that's true.... but damn don't you think you ought to play one and make up your own mind?  Or they'll talk about how Mario Paint was so stupid.  Uh... I remember when Mario Paint came out, and the sh*t was awesome.  Or they'll go on and on about how much they want Earthbound. Yeah; Earthbound is worth money because it sucked so bad nobody bought it.  

It's just strange to see all these young kids who are into classic games, but have these very strange opinions on everything that were put in their head... and they basically refuse to look outside whatever they've been indoctrinated with by the angry video game nerd or whoever else they've seen on youtube.

It's not really his fault, like I said he's just doing his thing and trying to be interesting... but these kids take his opinion as gospel.  
bluesno1fann
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 11:18:23 PM »

I'm just gonna go right ahead and say it: I don't care if AVGN says bad things about the Sega Mega CD, Sega 32x, Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Intellivision and Colecovision. I still wanna get those consoles!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 11:22:37 PM »

Yeah!  Imagine how I feel, I get that stuff in all the time... then I see these little kids come in and say "THE VIRTUAL BOY CAUSED HEADACHES, IT WAS A BAD IDEA NINTENDO FAILED". 

I bought one when it came out.  Nobody got a headache.  It was cool as sh*t. 

The Sega 32X sucked if you paid full price for it I guess and were expecting a ton of games, but looking back, it was a cool system.  The games were fun, they looked better than anything else at the time.  It was exciting when it was released. 

It's just sad seeing these kids who completely get how great, oh "The Legend Of Zelda" is, but never had the experience of playing "Centipede" on the Atari 5200 like I did when I was a kid.  He talks about how the controllers sucked.  They didn't in 1983!  I had the damn system, the controllers weren't broke, they worked great!

Again, it's his opinion, but kids be missin' MAD games son
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 12:18:09 AM »

From what I understand, there is only one known copy of Gamma Attack in existence. So how come I remember playing it?  Huh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOjBGPxwVQA

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

Anybody remember Pitfall?  Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfF5-Wt6YU

gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »

When I talk nostalgia, I talk Mega Man.  All the games for NES pretty much defined my childhood.  Even when I went on to get a Super Nintendo and so on, I always go back to those games.  The Castlevania games come close, but they still can't touch Mega Man for me.

Oh, and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!  Still in my top 5 favorite games of all time.  I never had the Mike Tyson version, but I had the later Mr. Dream one and I did beat him once.  I can't get past Super Macho Man nowadays, but I'll always have the satisfaction of knowing I kicked his ass at one time.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »

I can't get past Super Macho Man nowadays, but I'll always have the satisfaction of knowing I kicked his ass at one time.

007 373 5963  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: