gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:51:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate The Greatest Hits - Volume 2: 20 More Good Vibrations

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Greatest Hits - Volume 2: 20 More Good Vibrations  (Read 5518 times)
Jason
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »

Discuss, review, and rate The Greatest Hits - Volume 2: 20 More Good Vibrations, released September 21, 1999.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »

Released on my birthday rates it a 5 right off the bat.

Both this and the 1999 version of Vol. 1 is the perfect way to pick up some rare single mono mixes. Though this one missed on Fun Fun Fun, giving us the mono LP version by mistake. I like the LP mix best, anyway. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:19:38 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »

Overall a major improvement over Volume 1. Although I still prefer Volume 3 lol.
I think it has something to do with my tastes in Beach Boys music.
In any case:
4 out of 5.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »

Same short review as vol 1..  I dislike the covers of both tho .. Havent they got some pictures they could use..  Grin  10/10
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:28:02 AM »

Another album I grew up with. We got this one a year or two later. Really rounded out my understanding of who the boys were. Caroline No was always my fave, but I really liked Warmth of the Sun and Please Let Me Wonder too. The entire first half is amazing. Honestly tho, after Darling the rest of the songs don't really do anything for me. I'm just not a fan of their '68 and '69 output. I think the best thing from those years was Cant Wait Too Long, which being born from SMiLE and being unreleased doesn't really count.

In hindsight, it blows my mind how massive an undertaking H&V was. I thought it was just another track back then. Not even a particularly good one at that. When I first heard it was supposed to be the centerpiece of SMiLE I was stunned.

3/5

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx