gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:54:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Good Vibrations - Best of The Beach Boys

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Vibrations - Best of The Beach Boys  (Read 9954 times)
Jason
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »

Discuss, review, and rate Good Vibrations - Best of The Beach Boys, released June 30, 1975.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

Can't stand the cover at all.
But I was surprised at the tracklist. It's all songs from Pet Sounds onwards. I'd say that this was probably their best compilation at the time.
If it weren't for the cover, it probably would have been a big hit.
4.9 out of 5.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »

Any album that includes "God Only Knows", "Sloop John B", "Good Vibrations", "Surf's Up" and "Sail On Sailor" can be said to contain the music of the spheres.

*****. I've always been partial to this comp and would love to see a reissue with maybe 4 bonus tracks from the Warner-Reprise era, even if it has been rendered redundant by subsequent releases. Love the cover. The album was a solid hit, peaking at #25 on Billboard, although it obviously did less business than ENDLESS SUMMER and SPIRIT OF AMERICA.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:54:18 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »

Endless Summer Vol 3..LOL.. Track line up is excellent.. Cover is OK for the times but I would have preferred a cover with the 70's BB look of hairy guys with beards.. Another vital 70's compilation.. 5/5
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »

Found this at a local record fair for $10. Songs from my favourite period of the Beach Boys. 5 without a doubt.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:05:58 PM »

Had this one on today. Great track lineup, only glaring omission is "I Can Hear Music", a top 30 hit for the guys at a time when such things were becoming a rarity.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »

I love this album... first studio Beach Boys album I bought.  Glaring omissions, for me, are
I Can Hear Music
Marcella
California Saga: California
Cottonfields

As for photos.  The back cover is one of my favorites of the 1974/1975 era Beach Boys
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 10:53:11 PM »

I love this album... first studio Beach Boys album I bought.  Glaring omissions, for me, are
I Can Hear Music
Marcella
California Saga: California
Cottonfields

As for photos.  The back cover is one of my favorites of the 1974/1975 era Beach Boys

Well certainly I Can Hear Music merited inclusion, it was a top 4o hit. I would have liked to seen This Whole World and Long Promised Road included, too.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 09:49:19 PM »

I got this on vinyl recently and really like it!!! I do agree that "I can hear Music" should have been on it the same with "Break away". I noticed it had songs from all of their post "Pet sounds" albums (up to the point of the release of the album) except C&TP, anyone else notice that? I guess I would put "Marcella" or "all this is that." on it if I had to put one from C&TP..(well "Cuddle up" would be my first choice but it would be too long for the album.)
Decarlo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »

This album solidified my love for The Beach Boys.I had heard these songs before not knowing it was them..I was just a young lad at the time this came out.God Only Knows just floored me,,Still does!
Decarlo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »

Listening to it right now..This is close to being the GREATEST  Best OF album of all time!!!
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

Close? What's better? Just curious.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Decarlo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »

That is a great question! I really can't think of a better"one"..although there are several great compilations out there..
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx