gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:07:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Best of the Beach Boys Vol. 2

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best of The Beach Boys Vol. 2  (Read 5973 times)
Jason
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »

Discuss, review, and rate Best of The Beach Boys Vol. 2, released July 24, 1967.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:25:50 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »

I bought this because I fell in love with the cover.. And what is Texan + LSN doin on here ? 4/5
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 05:32:30 AM »

I bought this because I fell in love with the cover.. And what is Texan + LSN doin on here ? 4/5
LSN was a big hit during the 1963 Christmas Season. It has been on a few Greatest hits packages over the years. As for LTT, I have never heard any other version but this one. Who had the original hit with this one? They even revived it for the 1980 Tour, at the request of Brian Wilson.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:43:04 PM »

Again me laying it down with the UK track listing - 4.5/5 - I didn't need Mountain of Love really, but TIKH flip soooooo

But yeah, again with the tracks - what were they thinking with the US version!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:12:10 PM »

Surfin Safari?  Long Tall Texan?  409?  Again?  On 4 albums in what? 4 years?  What a rip off.  What a money grab.  Why didn't the boys start up Brother Records sooner.  Capitol was killing them, strangling them, marginalizing them, squeezing every last dollar out of them and flushing them down the toilet.  Why?

Because the record company OBVIOUSLY didn't see the value of Brian or believe in the group.  For doing that I think they're  Idiots.  A-holes.  NO TALENT bums.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:34:51 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx