gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:18:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summertime Cruisin' (Mike Love and Bruce Johnston)  (Read 5907 times)
Jason
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »

Discuss, review, and rate Summertime Cruisin' - The Unforgettable Favorites of Mike Love and Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys, released 2001.

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »

No need for this either.. Now Nascar had Betsy + GTO + Honda.. Now if your gonna re record BB stuff  You"d have my attention if you record  BB Obscure lp tracks or Ripchords + Bruce +Terry  + other 1 hit wonders that sound like BB.. BUT.. To re record Classic hit songs  and then come up short in performing them is crazy..  BAD Idea.!!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:32:32 AM »

This album is unnecessary , although there are some good moments. "Surfin' USA" is good. It has a lot of energy and drive. And "Shut Down" is alright. To be honest, this album sounds a lot like a M&B live show to me. Is it pure perfection? No. Does it come close to the originals? Not really. But are these still great songs? Hell yeah. 

Although, I'm listening again as I review, and I don't hear Bruce anywhere on here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:50:19 AM by NateRuvin » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx