gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:30:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Disco Celebration

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disco Celebration  (Read 6570 times)
Jason
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

Discuss, review, and rate Disco Celebration, released 1979.

SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »

Soundtrack of my teenage years!

I'm biased, but even objectively, it's an easy 5

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »

Where"s  my pooper scooper.. ?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »

I want this album!!!! Someone direct me to it please.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 06:31:30 AM »

Probably the worst in the BB-related catalogue - took me some years to track in down, after giving it a listen it immediately  went on my Lp shelf and I never listened to it again, sold it half a year ago to another BBnut (wonder if he listened to it more that once).

Watson, did you hear this?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »

Probably the worst in the BB-related catalogue - took me some years to track in down, after giving it a listen it immediately  went on my Lp shelf and I never listened to it again, sold it half a year ago to another BBnut (wonder if he listened to it more that once).
Can I ask, how much did you buy it for and how much did you sell it for?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:50:55 AM »

I want this album!!!! Someone direct me to it please.

PM me.

The most disappointing part of this album is that there is no Mike. I came for the Michael Edwards Love, and I did not receive...

I did seriously almost piss my pants laughing at the version of California Girls here. It is the probably the worst thing related to the BBs ever made.
reasons why:
1: It's instrumental
2: It's disco-y and is as a result incredibly cheesy and probably sounded outdated a week after it came out.
3: The saxophone playing the melody sounds like someone farting through a saxophone. Its honestly one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

I recommend everyone listen to this thing, and just marvel that there was someone behind the sound booth thinking "Yep. This is good. We can sell this." And I may know little of the details surrounding the existence of the enigma that is Celebration, I do know their music makes me happy. No matter how rotten you may be feeling, Disco Cali Girls will always make you laugh.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:01:24 AM by Woodstock » Logged

dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:19 AM »

Can I ask, how much did you buy it for and how much did you sell it for?
Bought it for about  $18,  sold it for $18

Watson, did you hear this?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx