gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:41:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Everybody  (Read 27971 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »

Happy birthday, buddy.

Hope you had a nice day.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »

Happy birthday, Will. Wink

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »

Happy birthday!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »

Mikie, Josh, Judd, and John again.  Thank You.  My Welcome just hit a second page!  My birthday was great this year.  By the time I post this it'll be over unless I can beat daylight-savings time to the post.  I was born at 4:10pm anyway.  I always look at my birthday running from 4pm to 4pm on the 4th.

I was productive.  The early part of the day I researched for my next xtc place post, so that was fun.  I had a great party at Gaby's.  The party continues around here for the next two days.  I love when my birthday falls on religious holidays.  It can fall on Easter too.  One of my Grandmothers was the tenth, so I would be Palm Sunday and her, Easter.  I'm not Catholic, but I love the Southern tradition of Mardi Gras and the lead up to Easter.  I'm very much looking forward to this week-end.  I won't be drinking tomorrow night.  Some Saturdays are too special to drink on.  I'm cooking something for Sunday, Gumbo, so I'll be busy tomorrow prepping that.  For us Easter is all about food...I'm beginning to sound like somebody in the sandbox...  It was Spring today.  Fist time I'd worn a short sleeve shirt this year.  We still have snow around and it snows some days, but the bedding plants were outside at the green house shop this morning.  So Spring is taking hold, at least in the daytime.  Some of the people closest too me are born in March and April, so these past two weeks have been full of birthday parties.  It's almost like a second Christmas in the house.  I'm not the only one getting gifts.  Mine were very good.  I got the new Iron and Wine Archives Volume 1 - more of Sam's Late 90's/early2000's solo recordings.  A 2-Disc set of the four Box Tops records that came out on Raven a few weeks ago.  The mono singles by the Grass Roots, and a singles collection of Spanky and Our Gang.  Guess there will be an extra gift next Tuesday, hope my Target has it in stock.  Yeah, they will.  I had no trouble with Brian's last Target special.

The Hobbit movie series had a whole new screenplay, but I enjoyed it.  I've been into those books since grade school.  The book is in there, it's just added to, a lot.  Then, being Friday - a new Grimm.  A great day was had, and you guys made it better.  thanks again  

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:25 PM »

Thanks SMiLE Brian!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 04:17:24 AM »

...snow in April?  Yes.  I love snow.  It was getting cold last night, but I didn't expect this.  Many of the trees are budding or in full flower.  My first gift on what most of my boomer brothers and sisters have thought about since hearing the magical Beatles song, "When I'm 64" in 1967.  What would it be like to get to be so old?  Feels about like yesterday.  I'll have a couple cups of coffee, and take it from there. -Will 

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 05:02:10 AM »

I'll have a couple cups of coffee, and take it from there. -Will 

Sounds like as good a start to a birthday as any. ;=)

Enjoy your day, Will.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »

Thanks, John.  It's still snowing a bit.  Ice is hanging off the windows... but the sun is starting to peek out of the clouds every now and then.  So far, so good.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 06:53:02 AM »

Happy birthday Will!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 08:43:41 AM »

Thanks SMiLE Brian,  You know, after all this time, I still don't know your real name - boy, you keep a secret well!

Snow update:  Windy and cold.  The sun is out, and the melting has begun.  Every snow we got over the Winter was like that.  Snow was gone with-in 24 hours.

Since moving here in 1998, it's only the second time we've had snow in April.  I don't think it will damage the trees and flowers.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »

Howdy, Will. Smiley

We haven't talked much recently, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about you.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, buddy.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:13 PM »

Thanks for remembering me on my Birthday, Josh.  All the stuff that was keeping me distracted from writing, as well as posting, is behind me now.  Life has slowed down to the "almost" retired pace, for now.  Yikes.  The memories of those two months that began the year are beginning to fade.  Life is life.  You always get over it.  Nobody died or anything, it was just too much time in hospital and rehab, to have much time for anything else.

The wind is still blowing like crazy here.  I just heard from my brother-in-law on Long Island.  Their pool, which was empty of water, first had the cover blown away, then the sides caved in!  The only thing that kept it from turning into a flying umbrella was a big tree limb that fell in, weighing it down.  Well, time to buy a new pool for the Summer.

We were going to go out tonight, but cancelled that.  It's just too cold.  Going to broil some shrimp and make roasted potatoes and carrots.  I already had my big party (the music and booze variety) last Friday night.  It was fun.

Among the gifts, I got all three of the J. D. Souther discs that Omnivore just released, and Emitt Rhodes' new album Rainbow Ends (his first since 1973) - really good.  It's so nice to have something new from Emitt.  Actually, I was telling a buddy that a forum friend, you, was raving about the Everly Brothers, and was asking for suggestions on what to buy next.  He responded by giving me a two-fer of their last albums before breaking up:  Stories We Could Tell (1972) and Pass the Chicken and Listen (1973).  You should check those out - great Country records that reunited them with Chet Atkins.  And you should give a listen to Roots (1968) - Their recollections of growing up in the music/radio business as the Everly Family.  Yes, still listening to mostly the past.

Okay, break over.  Let's go see what's happening in the kitchen.  Talk to you soon.  Happy trails... -Will

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »

Have a good one, Will. Smiley

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »

Thanks, Judd.  I did have a good birthday this year.  Great food, great company - I even had a White Russian forced into my hand while watching last Friday's Grimm episode.  (Didn't really take too much persuading.)
I really enjoyed spending part of the day here at Smiley.
I've got to try and post more often.  Time, time, time...as Paul and Artie said.

All the Best to my friends,  Will

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »

Well.  Haven't posted here in a while.  On the Grimm front - my favorite Tv show got cancelled, last episode was 31 March 2017.  Time will remember.

And time to knock these cobwebs away.  I had a great party last Saturday night.  I'm going to be taking it easy today.  Dinner out, haven't decided where, yet.

The weather is grey and gloomy...  my heart is not.  Feeling good at 65.  I'd like to thank everybody for all the views, that continue to grow without me saying
anything new.  Let's change that.  Here's one from a record I picked-to-play on Saturday night:  "Lucky for Some" by Pilot - https://youtu.be/qcaL3SLNyjQ

Got up early and started playing music.  I'm posting some all over the place.  The Beach Boys - "I Went to Sleep":  https://youtu.be/DEULqfbevOY

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »

me more than not:  https://youtu.be/FBZfNAiDNaU

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »

Nicky, "Paris Bells":  https://youtu.be/Qqtxs02TAcI

Brian:  https://youtu.be/f83OyAtyof8

Carl:   https://youtu.be/WdT6oFCH96U

more thoughts and sounds from Carl:  https://youtu.be/fufKjZxalSk

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »

Nice Will!

You found a new show yet?

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx