-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Red Lobster waitress who shared picture of receipt with racial slur suspended
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Lobster waitress who shared picture of receipt with racial slur suspended  (Read 15375 times)
Jason
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/12/red-lobster-suspends-waitress-who-received-none-nr-as-a-tip/

The lefties are up in arms over this, claiming "THAT'S RACIST". Yet, in their infinite wisdom, they fail to think critically about this. I'm not defending the customer's use of the slur by any means.

Red Lobster did the right thing by stepping in and teaching this moronic waitress a lesson. The mere fact that she didn't even take the time to block out the man's signature makes him a target for identity theft. If you're going to share a picture of a receipt, at least have the g*ddamned common sense to block out the signature and the company name.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »

If she went against company police, then fine, suspend her.

But, I don't mind that this racist has his name exposed to other people. Besides, it's hardly legible as it is.
Jason
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »

I don't really mind either, but Red Lobster is in potential danger of a lawsuit because of it.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »

The waitress isn't the one who posted the photo in the first place.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »

She was on full pay during the suspension and is probably back to work as I type this, so it's not as if Red Lobster threw her to the lions over it. Rasict dick or not, they guy could sue the crap out of Red Lobster for having an employee of theirs putting up his personal information online. Yeah I can understand her being angry/upset over his needless comment but just think, if the receipt had a comment such as "None you ugly skank" or "None, fat bitch" her actions would not be tolarated. Just because he went with a racial slur does not suddenly justisfy what she did.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

I don't really mind either, but Red Lobster is in potential danger of a lawsuit because of it.

And the legal status of Red Lobster matters to you because...?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:43:38 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »

Because in America corporations mean more than people.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
/
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

I`m a "lefty/lib", and while I`m no fan of the n-word, I could care less about this Red Lobster thing. It`s pointless gossip to me.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:12 PM »

One time I asked for no jalapenos on my quesadilla (because I disliked jalapenos at that point for some dumbassed reason) at a restaurant and the receipt said "NO JAPS" on it under the quesadilla. A smarter person would have went through the necessary steps to get some kind of money out of this.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »

50/50 chance she didn't get a tip and wrote in the 'n*****' herself as payback.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 03:03:59 AM »

I'm very skeptical of instances of things like this in the current climate. It seems like every time there's social justice outrage a'brewing it turns out to be a hoax perpetrated by some histrionic or unstable woman or individual.

There was the girl at a university here in the states who was "targeted" by rape threats on a public facebook page that she posted herself and then tried to parlay into a bunch of creepy, Reichstag Building Fire hysteria.

There was the recent Oberlin "incident" of some horrible racists running around campus writing the word "n*****" on things. Classes were shut down. A crying female student being interviewed claimed to have seen an individual in KKK dress. People went crazy. Turned out it was all a hoax perpetrated by liberal students. The person girded in KKK garb was a total fabrication, and others who had been with her corrected her account explaining it had been a student wrapped in a blanket. Worst of all, the whole time Oberlin was cancelling classes, holding forums and love-ins and what not, the whole time, they knew it was a hoax. They knew it was a hoax and they didn't tell the student body it was all a big lie because they wanted to drum up support among the student body for draconian social justice policies they wished to implement.

Just the other day I read about a recent case of a female doctor claiming she had been raped twice inside the hospital. It was a lie.

There have been multiple cases in the last few years I can recall of women ransacking their own homes and injuring themselves for attention from an estranged lover.

Point is, I don't really believe any of this bullshit anymore. Could have happened sure, but I'll reserve judgement thank you very much. Question everything. Social Justice and PCism is a cultural disease and one that's lapsing quickly into full blown Fascism. It's pretty disgusting stuff.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:08:33 AM by Fishmonk » Logged

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »

Fishmonk I notice in all these cases the perpetrators were all female. Dem bitches is crazy.  Grin

Back to the initial topic;if black people find the word 'n*****' so offensive and degrading, then why do so many of them use it amongst themselves as if it were nothing?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »

Thomas Sowell gave a scathing talk about social justice; if I find it I'll post it here.
Jason
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »

Thomas Sowell on social justice -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIv4L9M1ECU

Walter E. Williams on social justice -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvZzHmxvUI

Friedrich von Hayek on social justice -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMd40dqBlQ
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »

I'm very skeptical of instances of things like this in the current climate. It seems like every time there's social justice outrage a'brewing it turns out to be a hoax perpetrated by some histrionic or unstable woman or individual.

There was the girl at a university here in the states who was "targeted" by rape threats on a public facebook page that she posted herself and then tried to parlay into a bunch of creepy, Reichstag Building Fire hysteria.

There was the recent Oberlin "incident" of some horrible racists running around campus writing the word "n*****" on things. Classes were shut down. A crying female student being interviewed claimed to have seen an individual in KKK dress. People went crazy. Turned out it was all a hoax perpetrated by liberal students. The person girded in KKK garb was a total fabrication, and others who had been with her corrected her account explaining it had been a student wrapped in a blanket. Worst of all, the whole time Oberlin was cancelling classes, holding forums and love-ins and what not, the whole time, they knew it was a hoax. They knew it was a hoax and they didn't tell the student body it was all a big lie because they wanted to drum up support among the student body for draconian social justice policies they wished to implement.

Just the other day I read about a recent case of a female doctor claiming she had been raped twice inside the hospital. It was a lie.

There have been multiple cases in the last few years I can recall of women ransacking their own homes and injuring themselves for attention from an estranged lover.

Point is, I don't really believe any of this bullshit anymore. Could have happened sure, but I'll reserve judgement thank you very much. Question everything. Social Justice and PCism is a cultural disease and one that's lapsing quickly into full blown Fascism. It's pretty disgusting stuff.

Reminds me of the recent Famke Janssen "incident".   http://news.moviefone.com/2013/09/19/famke-janssen-creepy-book

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »

You can't question the merits of social justice in general based on the behavior of a few crazy people and a series of isolated incidents.  That's just ridiculous.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:36 AM »

Social justice is a joke.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »

Thomas Sowell on social justice -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIv4L9M1ECU

Walter E. Williams on social justice -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvZzHmxvUI

Friedrich von Hayek on social justice -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMd40dqBlQ

TRBB, Perhaps you have a post about Friedrich Nietzsche on Red Lobster?   Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »

I have several thoughts about this.

- If this really happened, and the waitress wanted to post the picture.... maybe it was worth losing her job over it.  It was wrong for her to post it, but if she's willing to accept the repurcussions, that's her choice.  I've worked at jobs where it was against policy to do something, I did it, and then was punished or let go over it. 

- If you're Red Lobster, you've got to fire her over this.  I'd much rather see them treat her like everybody else and fire her ass because she's posting private info online, than see them bow down to the political correct movement and fake-act like they're outraged at the racism

- All this ultimately means is that 1 guy who ate at a Red Lobster in Tennessee is an asshole.  Why this was ever a national story is beyond me.  If it's news that there's racist people out there, people are a little more detached from reality than they should be. 
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »

I have several thoughts about this.

- If this really happened, and the waitress wanted to post the picture.... maybe it was worth losing her job over it.  It was wrong for her to post it, but if she's willing to accept the repurcussions, that's her choice.  I've worked at jobs where it was against policy to do something, I did it, and then was punished or let go over it. 

- If you're Red Lobster, you've got to fire her over this.  I'd much rather see them treat her like everybody else and fire her ass because she's posting private info online, than see them bow down to the political correct movement and fake-act like they're outraged at the racism

- All this ultimately means is that 1 guy who ate at a Red Lobster in Tennessee is an asshole.  Why this was ever a national story is beyond me.  If it's news that there's racist people out there, people are a little more detached from reality than they should be. 

Thought #1--I don't know how the economy is in your neck of the woods, but I don't know of anyone who has the ability to jump from job to job.  I know I can't; I've got a mortgage and bills to pay.  It's also difficult to get promotions and/or raises if you can't be depended on.  If the company has policies you can't abide by, then maybe you shouldn't hire on there in the first place.  Just sayin'...

Thought #2--I agree completely.  Seems to me there are other avenues (legal and without violating company rules) she could have taken.  This could be construed as harassment and a "hate crime".  As someone else pointed out, she wasn't the one who posted the receipt, but I think the very fact that she even showed it to someone else makes her responsible.  I agree the slur was a nasty thing for somebody to do, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Thought #3--Spot on again.  When are people going to realize that we can't "fix" everybody?  I'm not saying that we should just let it go and be ok with it, but assholes are everywhere.  You can't just amplify the hate like so many people are doing and expect to resolve the problem. 
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »

Wouldn't you know it...

http://www.wkrn.com/story/23698411/red-lobster-customer

Turns out she should have been fired all along, she defamed an innocent man and profited (to the tune of $10,000) from the destruction of his reputation, and now Red Lobster is being sued for what she did. She's a liar and fraud. I love how easily social justice saps are taken in by this stuff. She was never the victim, she was the victimizer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:26:51 PM by Fishmonk » Logged

Jason
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

Wouldn't you know it...

http://www.wkrn.com/story/23698411/red-lobster-customer

Turns out she should have been fired all along, she defamed an innocent man and profited (to the tune of $10,000) from the destruction of his reputation, and now Red Lobster is being sued for what she did. She's a liar and fraud. I love how easily social justice saps are taken in by this stuff. She was never the victim, she was the victimizer.

All it takes is some moron screaming "racism" to bring out the social justice saps.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »

Again, it wasn't her who posted the picture on facebook to begin with.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/crime/minister-gets-years-for-setting-fire-in-phony-chesterfield-hate/article_75c0c600-423b-11e3-bcf1-0019bb30f31a.html

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

Again, it wasn't her who posted the picture on facebook to begin with.

... and did we ever figure out what was meant by "Diaphanous Moiety"Huh?....

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: