gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:02:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Weirdest Photos Of Mike Love You Can Find  (Read 549457 times)
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 13, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »

I love that Mike reads this thread.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 13, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »

Uhhhh...In that case. I think Mike is a great singer and he gets a bad rap from many here. Never me of course. Tongue
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »

Well, we know Mike pays attention to some things we post...

This was from his facebook feed a few minutes ago.

Uh... was there ever any doubt about that ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 14, 2015, 12:20:40 AM »

Not from this guy.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 14, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »

Considering he pays scant attention to the fantastic advice we give....Yes!  Grin

edit

Perhaps another title could be Mike sending Good Vibrations to OSD.

(Nice one BTW bossaroo.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:17:37 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 14, 2015, 02:36:51 AM »

Sometimes we need (some kind of) proof  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:24 AM »

Dang, this proves how cool Mike is. Seriously. The real bombshell would be to find out he posted in this thread.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: January 14, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »

Micha, the photo appeared on BW's FB. It was just captioned 1966: Hanging Out.

Someone in the comments wrote this:

From the session from which a photograph of the guys hanging onto the front of the locomotive (seen in the background) that graced the covers of sheet music for "Let Him Run Wild," "Kiss Me, Baby," "Girl Don't Tell Me," and "Sloop John B." Interesting that Bruce was there but, similar to the Summer Days album cover shoot, not included in the photograph. (Note: Brian put on a red vest for the actual photo).

I found this picture which confirms the comment: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d1cIWUKbr5w/TG9wII2saWI/AAAAAAAABSY/58t7sMZjvRA/s320/TBB%20Sloop%20John%20B%20Sheet%20Music.jpg .

Ah, thanks a lot! Smiley I avoid FB.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 14, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »

Dang, this proves how cool Mike is. Seriously. The real bombshell would be to find out he posted in this thread.
... MIKE?!

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 14, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »

Naw.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 14, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

Really. I'm not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:54:14 AM by Mr. Cohen » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »

It proves he has a sense of humour!  I'm surprised Mike checks this board out and he would need to have a thick skin to do so.  I am quite surprised he chose to make it public.  Maybe the next step is that he'll start posting.  It also seems that he's taking this particular thread with in the spirit it's intended (although I hope he hasn't read all the posts!).

I also think things like this will hopefully go some way to redressing a little of the negativity which people have towards him.  If he starts posting here I'm sure most of us would be respectful enough.

I can also imagine Brian having a read from time to time.  Who knows maybe Mike and Brian could start conversing here and debating who did what!

I also think it would be quite amusing if Mike and Brian phone each other from time to time and say, "Hey cuz, can you believe what they're saying over at Smileysmile.net?  They think we hate each other.  Ha, ha!  Catch you later cuz".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

Someone should tell Mike or his handlers that if he decides to keep Still Cruisin' the board, that if you look slightly to the left of the image you could solve the mystery of who made it!

I hope he continues to embrace his Sith powers and maybe work it into the video backgrounds... I think a sequence where he fries Al Jardine with his force lightning would work great on "I Get Around."

Oh yeah, and if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:07:35 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: January 14, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »

Honestly, there is (was?) a certain poster on these boards I thought was Mike or someone on his payroll. I won't say who, don't want to be a jerk or make unsubstantiated accusations. But it really wouldn't surprise me if Mike, Al, Bruce, "Brian's people" or someone posted on these or other BB forums.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 14, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

Someone should tell Mike or his handlers that if he decides to keep Still Cruisin' the board, that if you look slightly to the left of the image you could solve the mystery of who made it!

I hope he continues to embrace his Sith powers and maybe work it into the video backgrounds... I think a sequence where he fries Al Jardine with his force lightning would work great on "I Get Around."

Oh yeah, and if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
I think OSD-wan's force ghost is speaking to me. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
sandmountainslim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »

Lol!  Mike punked this thread out on FB Smiley   Made my morning!    Go Mike Love!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

It proves he has a sense of humour!  I'm surprised Mike checks this board out and he would need to have a thick skin to do so.  I am quite surprised he chose to make it public.  Maybe the next step is that he'll start posting.  It also seems that he's taking this particular thread with in the spirit it's intended (although I hope he hasn't read all the posts!).

I also think things like this will hopefully go some way to redressing a little of the negativity which people have towards him.  If he starts posting here I'm sure most of us would be respectful enough.
You doubt Mike's sense of humor? The guy 'notorious' for his stage banters? Also, he never posted, nor will be posting here. I'm afraid you're gonna wait till the cows come home. Read - yes, but no more.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

Just confirms what I've suspected for years, Mike is well aware of all the harsh words people give him and takes it in stride.  I hope he takes this thread in the lighthearted, loving manner I think all of us contribute to it with. 
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

This might be the greatest thing to ever happen to this forum.  LOL

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #969 on: January 15, 2015, 12:42:00 AM »

This might be the greatest thing to ever happen to this forum.  LOL

No, that was me.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »

I can also imagine Brian having a read from time to time.

Brian stated in the late 90s, during an AOL Q&A, that the process for him answering questions on the Bloo, as was then common, was as follows:

Someone scans the board, chooses questions, puts them to him...

Brian gives an answer...

Someone types his response.

Has Mike posted here, or anywhere else ? To my knowledge, no, but given he's started to actively embrace the cybersphere these last two years, who knows in the future. And it would be cool, wouldn't it ?

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 15, 2015, 12:59:15 AM »

Has Mike posted here, or anywhere else ? To my knowledge, no, but given he's started to actively embrace the cybersphere these last two years, who knows in the future. And it would be cool, wouldn't it ?

It would be freakin' cool - and then some!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 15, 2015, 06:34:30 AM »

Yeah, I definitely count myself as a Mike fan. I think MIU and KTSA are fun albums. His voice is cool, and he wrote some great stuff. He's also a very distinctive, expressive person, which is why we can have a topic like this. If we tried to do this topic with some of the other BBs instead, we'd just have pics of normal outfits with very PC comments.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:44:28 AM by Mr. Cohen » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #973 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

Je suis Mike Love.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 15, 2015, 12:45:47 PM »

You doubt Mike's sense of humor? The guy 'notorious' for his stage banters? Also, he never posted, nor will be posting here. I'm afraid you're gonna wait till the cows come home. Read - yes, but no more.

No, I don't doubt or ever doubted his sense of humour! Monster Mash, Long Tall Texan are examples of it.  I was making the point he is big enough to take a joke (even at his own expense).  I have met him and he was very nice to me personally.  As far as him posting here I don't know how you can be so certain he won't.  A few years ago people didn't believe the facebook posts were his.  As AGD says, Mike has embraced the cybersphere these past few years. So he might just come on here too. Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx