gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:50:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little St Nick  (Read 2831 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »

In the Spirit of Christmas, I took a karaoke track of the Beach Boys' classic song, and added a stack of harmonies of my own. There was only one back-up vocal part on it, so  there was plenty of room. I probably should have waited until I was over this cold, but what the hell...it's Christmas!

https://soundcloud.com/billy-castillo-1/26-dec-2012-little-st-nick

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »

Thanks! I wish I'd waited until I was well (been struggling with a cold for almost a month now) but could not miss the opportunity to do it on Christmas (just realized I dated it wrong on the file name!)

Normally, I'm not a singer, although I'm trying to get my vocals back into shape. I'm almost two years removed from a series of minor strokes, and I still have some trouble periodically...I'm not as 'fast' vocally, meaning I still end up getting behind the beat.

if I didn't see your face, I would surely think that it's sung by an African American singer.
Oddly enough, I am indeed part black, although I didn't know that until my mom's funeral 11 years ago. I didn't know her well at all, and had just finally saw her after 17 years a week before she passed. Going through photo albums, and there was a lot of 'who's that?' 'Oh, that was your great grandfather'. 'Interesting...who's that?'  'Oh, that's your uncle Dennis (last name, not first name)'. 'Ahh...I see'.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »

1/4 but close enough for rock n roll, as they say! Moms main ancestry was Dutch.

When I was younger, I used to song in karaoke shows and in choir. Smoking, coupled with  being out of practice along with the aforementioned issues took its toll. Im used to singing in a much  higher register but I've recently become obsessed with Brians 1976 voice -I'm 34- so I guess im trying to get that gruff vibe down.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:51:29 AM by Fap-a-ccino » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

I just realized I completely duffed a lyric...I sang 'when Santa gets gas man just watch her peel'. LOL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:43:49 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:59:28 AM »

Well, sh*t son, it's all them milk and cookies. Nobody considers Santa being lactose intolerant. 'Ho Ho...OH NO'

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:43:24 PM »

I found this little oddity and decided to bring it back, just for shiggles and gits.  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx