-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Tony Abbott won election, becoming next Prime Minister
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tony Abbott won election, becoming next Prime Minister  (Read 10492 times)
bluesno1fann
« on: September 07, 2013, 05:32:12 AM »

To me at least, it is a major disappointment. I've always liked Kevin Rudd, but it looks like he's gone for good.
Here we go, three years of hell for Australia  Cry
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

Isn't Tony Abbott the guy Julia Gillard publicly blasted for his misogyny?  I'm surprised he would be able to hold a reputation after that.  I'm an American so I know nothing about Aussie politics but I do remember that video was everywhere.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »

Isn't Tony Abbott the guy Julia Gillard publicly blasted for his misogyny?  I'm surprised he would be able to hold a reputation after that.  I'm an American so I know nothing about Aussie politics but I do remember that video was everywhere.
Yeah, that's right. He's also against same-sex marriage and doesn't quite believe that women are equal to men i think
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »

Yeah, that's right. He's also against same-sex marriage and doesn't quite believe that women are equal to men i think

Yikes!  Well there's always New Zealand!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jason
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »

Australians' first mistake - letting the state regulate marriage. Sadly, you're not alone in that boat. The state needs to be gone from marriage.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »

I saw on Drudge that he "Vows to cut taxes."

O' the humanity.   Roll Eyes  Cry

LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: