gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681028 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 09:31:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killer interview with Ron Altbach about MIU, etc.  (Read 5105 times)
sunnycalifornia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »

http://brianislandlocked.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-interview-with-ron-altbach.html

Some additional details about this album.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:48:22 PM by sunnycalifornia » Logged

My Beach Boys Blog: brianislandlocked.blogspot.com
MBE
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

Nice article with interesting questions.
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »

There is a musician who I admire ....his Beach Boys Suite is a nicely arranged piece of Brian's melodies arranged in a classical format.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:22 PM »

There is a musician who I admire ....his Beach Boys Suite is a nicely arranged piece of Brian's melodies arranged in a classical format.
Where can you hear that?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »

Nice article!  Ron is from my neck of the woods, as Olcott is 45 minutes from me.  Once, in the '70's,  the Beach Boys were doing a concert at Genesee Community College in Batavia, New York, which is 30 minutes from me the opposite direction from Olcott.  The band was very late going on stage, and Mike came out and apologized for being late, saying they'd been up to Olcott to visit Ron and had gotten lost trying to find the college! 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

"We did it relatively quickly and there's nothing interesting about the sound of the recording." I've learned to like this aspect of MIU - there really is no defining sound to it. Everything sounds kinda stripped down and bare. However, the vocals/harmonies are pretty much top notch on this album.

Thanks mtaber for bumping this! Glad to read more about this album.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »

Nice article!  Ron is from my neck of the woods, as Olcott is 45 minutes from me.  Once, in the '70's,  the Beach Boys were doing a concert at Genesee Community College in Batavia, New York, which is 30 minutes from me the opposite direction from Olcott.  The band was very late going on stage, and Mike came out and apologized for being late, saying they'd been up to Olcott to visit Ron and had gotten lost trying to find the college!  

While you were waiting, or before the show, did you happen to pick up any of these small
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:09:59 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx