gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:29:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Imagination by The Beach Boys  (Read 2206 times)
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:46:42 PM by TimmyC » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »

This thread requires a lot of imagination.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »

It's always fun to take BB solo tracks and plug in the Beach Boys vocals,
like saying South America could be a Mike lead or Melt Away could be a Carl/Brian duet or What You Do to Me would be a great Bruce lead or Cool Head Warm Heart would have a great vocal blend with Carl, Brian, Al, and Matt or Night Time would be a good Alan vocal.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »

This thread requires a lot of imagination.

Haha - sorry -  I deleted by original post because it got ZERO responses so I just got rid of it out of humiliation....
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Awww, what was it?

That happens to me all the time! Especially when I thought it was the most thought provoking post/reply I've ever posted. Who knows, someone could reply to it someday.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »

Awww, what was it?

That happens to me all the time! Especially when I thought it was the most thought provoking post/reply I've ever posted. Who knows, someone could reply to it someday.

hahaha - thanks for the sympathy! I just wanted to imagine a mid-to-late 90s Beach Boys album, in light of the release of She's Still a Mystery (which I'm blown away by), and also the recent thread regarding a timeline for the mid 90s. I think that if you substituted the remakes on Imagination with SSAM and Soul Searchin that you would have had the Best Beach Boys record since probably the early 70s. And I was just interested in seeing what other people thought about possible track lists.....
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »

I think that's a great topic, btw.  I was thinking the same thing!  We spend so much time pouring over the minutiae -- 1967, 1970, 1977 etc. -- but there's DECADES of wasteland between The Beach Boys '85 and 2012's TWGMTR...

Image for added visual emphasis...

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

I think that's a great topic, btw.  I was thinking the same thing!  We spend so much time pouring over the minutiae -- 1967, 1970, 1977 etc. -- but there's DECADES of wasteland between The Beach Boys '85 and 2012's TWGMTR...

Image for added visual emphasis...

Great call! Like the time between BB 85 and Still Crusin' or Summer in Paradise through the Stars and Stripes or really KTSA to BB85 (besides Dennis' death).

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »

If Mars had life on it......  LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx