gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 11:58:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Gage Wilson  (Read 1071 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »

Dan Addington: "Labor Day, (DW), demo recorded 9/3/82 -- Evidence that Dennis was still recording within nearly a year of his death. A studio sheet (invoice) from Unicorn Recording Studios in Santa Monica reveals that a five hour session took place on the above date. The sheet notes that piano and vocals were used in the recording, and that the engineer was Ken Hillis. This sheet is part of friend Ed Roach's archives, and was posted by Ed in Jan. 2003. (interesting note: This date...9/3/82, was the day Denny's son GAGE was born. Could this have been a song about that birth, hence the title?) "

http://www.danaddington.com/denny/releasedmusic.html

Ed Roach: "It's doubtful anything exists of this track.  It only gets mentioned because I came across a billing sheet for this from the studio that had housed the old Brother Studios.  In it's final days it was owned by SST Records, and bore no resemblance to Brother in its hey-day, no to what it was when Tom Scott owned it.   

I actually have only a vague memory of being there that day...  My memories of the day are much more vivid regarding the hospital, and Gage's birth!  However, Dennis was on quite a run for a couple of days there; (he even disappeared for awhile, and showed up at Karen Lamm's.  Fortunately, she threw him out, and made him return to the hospital).

If he did manage to really lay anything down that day, I'm sure the bill was never paid, and the tape went with the studio..."

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7298.0
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:32:52 PM by ComicList » Logged

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx