gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:16:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastering Error on MIC Disc 3 ?  (Read 71469 times)
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 01, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »

Hope so. I'm keeping my original set as is, faulty disc 3 and all. Two second gap or no two second gap - not bothered.

You don't have to surrender your original disc to get a new one.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 01, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »

I got the MIC set for Christmas this year. It was the original pressing. I wonder if those will be a collectible?

Great present! How did they know to buy you that?

I doubt the original pressing will be collectible, as the "error" is a factory root-up, rather than an unintended gift from the compilers or record company (eg, where they accidentially use the previously unreleased rough mix of take 54 of X).

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 01, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »

Well, because I didn't buy it for myself when it came out a few months ago.  Grin They didn't know I was waiting to see if there would be a corrected version released, though.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »

Thanks to all who are posting…

Just Googled Feelflows' advice and got the following from an Amazon review relating to problems with Rush box sets (yes, plural!):

For US & Canadian fans, please contact Universal customer services team on:
e-mail: FishersCustSvc@umusic.com
Phone: 1-800-288-5942

For fans in the UK & Ireland please contact:
UK e-mail: mk.customerservices@umusic.com
UK Phone: +44 (0) 845 250 0965

Having had no joy with the email sent earlier in the week, I'll call that UK number soon-as.

Many thanks for this info John. Having received MIC for xmas (whoop!) I emailed the UK address and received my corrected disc 3 in about 3 or 4 days.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »

Just to let you know that the good people at Universal felt so bad about my issue with Disc 3, they sent me two replacement discs

So....if you want to trade your original SOT boxsets for a 30sec clip...haven't got around to replacing it, drop me a PM and I'll pop one in the post!

EDIT: This disc has been taken but if Universal feel really really generous and I receive another one, I'll let you guys know
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:57:28 AM by Cliff1000uk » Logged
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2014, 03:14:42 AM »

Got home from (Australian summer) holidays to find replacement disc 3 airmailed from Universal Music Holdings Ltd, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (no less) amongst mail collected by good neighbour.

Result!

Very happy and satisfied, and recommend any non US or UK Smiley Smilers still seeking replacement disc contact the UK help desk. l8r - A
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:21:34 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2014, 03:56:46 AM »

Very happy and satisfied, and recommend any non US or UK Smiley Smilers still seeking replacement disc contact the UK help desk. l8r - A

Did so 2 days ago, they answered very fast promising they'd send me a replacement. Waiting....

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 09, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »

My replacement cd took two weeks to arrive (I live in Calgary, Canada) but it was near the Christmas rush.  I was very happy to have the replacement cd and feel the record company did the right thing for their customers here.  Big thanks!  Loving the box!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2014, 04:31:26 AM »

Did so 2 days ago, they answered very fast promising they'd send me a replacement. Waiting....

It's here!!! 3 days after my email via airmail! Great!!!

To the Heartical Don: I don't think we'll ever see a MIC reprint with the corrected disc 3. My advice for you is: Buy it as it is, then email to mk.customerservices@umusic.com - I forwarded my Amazon order confirmation mail to them.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2014, 05:06:04 AM »

It's here!!! 3 days after my email via airmail! Great!!!

To the Heartical Don: I don't think we'll ever see a MIC reprint with the corrected disc 3. My advice for you is: Buy it as it is, then email to mk.customerservices@umusic.com - I forwarded my Amazon order confirmation mail to them.

Hi Micha, cheers, and check your PM please.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Junebug
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »

I wasn't too fussed to be honest but after reading further on this thread i sent an email to the UK address and had a replacement in 2 days , superb. Thanks to everyone on here who  gave good advice.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »

The second batch of corrected US MIC Disc 3's are in.  Mine arrived today.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »

The second batch of corrected US MIC Disc 3's are in.  Mine arrived today.

w00t!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »

I received my corrected disc 3 today, after sending some emails and after waiting some months. Thank you all for the info!!

sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2018, 07:19:56 AM »

Hi All,

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I need some help. I finally got around to purchasing this for myself from Amazon ($80.99 USD, currently). Unfortunately, my set came with the uncorrected Disc 3. Kind of makes me wonder if they ever corrected them in the production run.

Anyway, I decided to email the two email addresses listed by Mark Linett in the Amazon review section. They got back to me and said that they "no longer have replacement discs" so they are "unable to replace this" for me.

I generally rip all of my CDs in AIFF format using dBPowerAmp (which supports AccurateRip). I wonder though, does anyone have this ripped in a lossless format (preferably FLAC) and would be willing to share?

I certainly would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jason

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »

Thank you for your help (I'll respectfully keep your name private)!

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx