gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:51:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastering Error on MIC Disc 3 ?  (Read 71466 times)
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »

Legally, I believe the manufacturer has no option but to accept the return.  I think it's covered under the Consumer Protection Act in the UK.  For example, what would happen if a retailer had gone out of business or couldn't be identified? The consumer is still entitled to some form of redress.  I would imagine in this instance if you contact the retailer (Sainsbury's or Amazon) they'll probably chase it up for you.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »

Sainsbury's would have to give you redress under the Sale of Goods Act as well.  It's applies when there is a contract between a buyer and seller.  Which isn't the case with the buyer and manufacturer.
curth
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2013, 06:07:33 AM »

For anyone who bought MIC from Importcds.com  here is their reply to my email to them regarding the problem with disc 3:

========
We have forwarded your email to our department manager to see if the label
has notified us of any defect with this item. We will contact you back once
we hear back from him. Thank you.

Sincerely,

ImportCDs Customer Service

ImportCDs.com

2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »

So I sent a detailed email to Sainsburys (where I got the set from) outlining the issue, explaining that a new disc 3 was apparently being produced and asking them to send me a replacement disc when available. Their response? To instantly send me a whole new box with, of course, the original faulty disc 3.  Wall
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »

So I sent a detailed email to Sainsburys (where I got the set from) outlining the issue, explaining that a new disc 3 was apparently being produced and asking them to send me a replacement disc when available. Their response? To instantly send me a whole new box with, of course, the original faulty disc 3.  Wall
You got an entire box for free and bang your head against the wall because of that?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2013, 08:02:08 AM »

You got an entire box for free and bang your head against the wall because of that?

I understand the frustration entirely.

And I'd now ask them for two corrected disc 3s!

“We live in divisive times.”
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »

Who said it was free? They expect me to send the original one back
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »

All that dough for a defective product? That really sucks.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »

Not sure they're entitled to expect you to cover the cost of that. My understanding is that faulty goods sold over the Internet are the vendor's responsibility, right down to the cost of returns.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »

Not sure they're entitled to expect you to cover the cost of that. My understanding is that faulty goods sold over the Internet are the vendor's responsibility, right down to the cost of returns.

Same thing happened to me. I sent Amazon DE an email about MiC and the first sentence of the response email was ".. and we are sending a new one to you, free of charge." They also went on to warn me, frequently, that if I didn't send the old one back, they would charge me for the new MiC that was being shipped to me. The return shipping cost alone was about half of what I paid for MiC originally.

They say that they'll compensate me for the shipping charge.. let's see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:33:07 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »

Oh. Then I understand the headbanging. Carry on, sir!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2013, 02:12:08 AM »

Yeah absolutely. My Smile deluxe box had a flaw in the vinyl so Amazon sent me a replacement. I did for a moment think I was the proud owner of 2 Smile deluxe sets, but soon realised that I had to send one back : (

I get your frustration. It will be interesting to see how this disc 3 problem is resolved. I have no idea if and when new corrected sets will start to be sold. It's not as if the existing ones are flying off the shelves as far as I can tell. I was in HMV's flag ship London store yesterday and couldn't see it anywhere - not in the Beach Boys section, nor the shelves of assorted boxed sets (Smile box was there though). I want to buy MIC but can't be doing with the hassle of ordering a supplementary disc 3 certainly since it doesn't seem to be a straightforward process yet.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »

We told Emi about this and they found there was a problem with the manufacturing of disc 3 and are repressing the disc. They will replace the defective discs , and I expect them to announce how to get the replacement soon.

Mark Linett
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »

Thanks for the update Mark!  And may I say I am enjoying the mastering on the MIC box!
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »

Yes, great news... Thanks Mark!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »

We told Emi about this and they found there was a problem with the manufacturing of disc 3 and are repressing the disc. They will replace the defective discs , and I expect them to announce how to get the replacement soon.

Mark Linett
Thanks Mark!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »

Mark Linett

Erm, Bob?

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »

Mark Linett
I want to bring this back up to the top.  I have spoken to Amazon America about this in the last few days.  I want to use mine for comps, and disc 3 does need to be changed.  They tell me I am the only one to mention it.  They were quick to offer replacement, but I told them that won't work for this.  Is this even going to get a second run?  Has anyone been able to get a replacement? anybody know more?

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »

I've heard nothing for some time now.  If I get a mo' I'll fire off another email.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2013, 09:30:45 AM »

Thanks for getting back so quick.  I know you are dealing with the store directly, as well.  I had Amazon put a note on my account.  I'm hoping Mark might read this and get the ball rolling.  Since nobody is posting for two weeks now, maybe we have not waited long enough.  I do hope there are more than just a few of us who care.  I'll post too if I hear anything.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2013, 12:16:00 AM »

Thanks for getting back so quick.  I know you are dealing with the store directly, as well.  I had Amazon put a note on my account.  I'm hoping Mark might read this and get the ball rolling.  Since nobody is posting for two weeks now, maybe we have not waited long enough.  I do hope there are more than just a few of us who care.  I'll post too if I hear anything.
I care, and I'd definitely like a replacement if they are offered.
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:52 AM »

I apologize in advance for sounding like a crank. I fault Capitol / Universal in the small picture and the degradation of quality manufactured goods in the big picture. Specifically for music, many/all (not many left) of the majors release archives as cash grabs. The product is treated with beefed up volume, compression/limiting, NoNoise, etc. and mass produced by low-bid manufacturers that have little quality control. The result is clipped songs, mastering errors, glitches and whatever other issues that degrade the consumption experience (at least for me). The companies do not care because: fans will still buy products, sound quality is a lax issue (thanks to mp3, portable devices, and the decline of interest in home audio systems). The company will get paid and the retail outlets will be left holding the bag for damaged goods (easy for a giant like Amazon, not so for indie outlets).

I avoided MIC specifically because EMI gave me a chincy booklet that was poorly assembled with my Beatles Mono box (not a pirate copy) and TSS was delivered with glitches on three discs thanks to the case the discs are housed in. My point: anyone pissed about this box should take it up with the company who is releasing it. They need to hear how shabby their products are.
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »

I decided to email Capitol. Their email is writeus@hollywoodandvine.com and telephone number is 323-462-6252 if any one else has complaints that they would like to share. Also, here is there yelp page (with 1 whopping review from 2008) if you simply want to publicly complain: http://www.yelp.com/biz/capitol-records-los-angeles or simply leave low ratings on Amazon or wherever you purchased the item from that allows for public comments.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »

They need to hear how shabby their products are.

Maybe we can get Phil to spearhead this noble effort.
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »

They deserve 100+ emails from Phil himself!  Evil
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx