gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 03:06:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastering Error on MIC Disc 3 ?  (Read 72047 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2013, 05:07:46 AM »

Result as in a disc? Or the promise of a disc?

John, that's a great question - I'm glad you asked.

After a "lull" in progress, Lisa from the Brit HD, unprompted, emailed me the following - today 19/12:

"Please can you advise you address details and we will arrange for a replacement disc to be sent to you."

I realise this is the "drum" you and other posters on the continent have gotten so far; but in lieu of any response from the US desk, I'm going to roll with the UK desk and see what transpires; and thought I'd let any other non-Brit overseas posters know.  

I'm actually away from my letter box until the 9th of Jan, so am in a position to let it go, then bitch if I've not received anything when I get back  LOL (assuming air mail; in reality, it's more likely via sea, arriving in July).

I will of course, let y'all know the outcome or any other email updates I get (where not redundant) - your humble servant  - A M Smith

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:34:09 PM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2013, 12:43:56 AM »

Thanks again to everyone for the detailed info, including of course Feelsflow, who addressed me directly.

I am in mainland Europe, Holland to be precise. And I haven't bought MiC yet, for this reason, phrased as a question:

when, if ever, will a new MiC box set edition appear, including the correct disk #3?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »

Thanks again to everyone for the detailed info, including of course Feelsflow, who addressed me directly.

I am in mainland Europe, Holland to be precise. And I haven't bought MiC yet, for this reason, phrased as a question:

when, if ever, will a new MiC box set edition appear, including the correct disk #3?

Y'know, I bet the answer might be "never"… unless the first pressing sells out and a budget jewel case version is released as has just happened with the Buffalo Springfield box.

And how come my iPhone auto-predicts "Buffalo Springfield"?

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »

Y'know, I bet the answer might be "never"… unless the first pressing sells out and a budget jewel case version is released as has just happened with the Buffalo Springfield box.

And how come my iPhone auto-predicts "Buffalo Springfield"?

I see, thanks John, this makes sense from a company's POV (although I still think Capitol better had issued a corrected box set.

I will contact my retailer then to see if he's willing to investigate - I bet he's got more clout than me in these matters.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2013, 03:23:03 AM »

I still haven't recieved my 'issued' CD 3

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »

Heads-up… Disc 3 has landed in Yorkshire. No note, but very protectively packaged. 

It's a US pressing, not EU – slightly different logos/lettering therefore – assume it's one replacement pressing that will find its way around the world.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »

That is GREAT NEWS !!  And if the discs had to travel from America, could have been the cause for the two week hold up.  Guess nobody told them about air-mail.
Joy to the World,
Joy to all the boys and girls,
Joy to all the fishes in the deep blue sea,
Joy to you and me.
...Now where's the rest? police   LOL

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

That is GREAT NEWS !!  And if the discs had to travel from America, could have been the cause for the two week hold up.  Guess nobody told them about air-mail.
Joy to the World,
Joy to all the boys and girls,
Joy to all the fishes in the deep blue sea,
Joy to you and me.
...Now where's the rest? police   LOL

Mine took 11 days and I live in California, so take heart! If they promised you a disc, it should arrive eventually!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »

If you only emailed them, did you get a response, or did you just get the CD one day?
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »

Eric, I got mine on 5 December.  The Joy bit was for those overseas who have been waiting and waiting.  I'm in upstate New York.  
But, while you are here, a question.  Does Matt, or Al for that matter "friend" on facebook to just anyone who asks?
Also....   Hey Heartical Don,  You should just go ahead and buy the box.  You are missing out on a lot more than just disc#3.  They now have the replacement disc, but who knows how many copies were pressed up, and to quote John, his is from America.  Universal EU, as pointed out may "never" print a second set.  I'd want a first pressing anyway.  I still haven't got the info on how well MIC is selling.  They must have pressed more than one set of the GV Box though, as it sold for years.  Best not to take a chance.  When these things go out of print the price will go way up, even with the incorrect disc#3.  Sandy Denny fans know all about that, her box sells for over $1,000 USD.  You've just got to roll with the flow when mistakes are made, it happens.  I kept my Beatles Capitol Volume 2 set, that had the mistake on Rubber Soul because they demanded the return of the bad disc to get the replacement (that was later made redundant anyway, when I got the re-masters mono Beatles box).  Universal is not asking that.  So, do it - Buy MIC, you will work out the problem.  Don't count on your "retailer" - Amazon did nothing to help me with either of the Mistake discs I bought this year.  They are still selling this "as is."  I got The John Martyn Box (sure to be one and done), and the Nilsson Box as quick as I could.  What a great year for box sets 2013 has been.  

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

If you only emailed them, did you get a response, or did you just get the CD one day?
Hey Matt,  You didn't say where you are.  In America, first I called the 1-800-288-5942 number.  They did e-mail me back that is was to ship.  I got it in less than a week.  
In the UK, the # John found was +44 (0) 845 250 0965   I think he did a lot of e-mailing as well.  Good Luck.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:59:42 AM by feelsflow » Logged

CJS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »

Spoke with Universal Customer Service tonight (12/19)

Said they are waiting for a new batch of replacement discs ..  first batch is gone.

They wanted the proof of purchase emailed to them as well..   

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »

Heads-up… Disc 3 has landed in Yorkshire...

Yay, John! Glad to hear it's come through for you - enjoy and thanks for sticking it out, and sharing the info (and cheers to all the other great dudes who've chipped in).

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

Said they are waiting for a new batch of replacement discs ..  first batch is gone.

Gaaargh! Different pressings! The collector lust is aroused!

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2013, 03:32:36 AM »

Same as Mr. manning, my CD landed in Gravesend today as US disc. Came with a free CDS jewel case too :D

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2013, 04:10:24 AM »

Same here-mine was on the doormat when I got back from work.

Thanks to those for persuing this and finding contact details
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #266 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:21 AM »

Mine here. Thanks for the heads up from the O.P.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »

Hey Matt,  You didn't say where you are.  In America, first I called the 1-800-288-5942 number.  They did e-mail me back that is was to ship.  I got it in less than a week. 
In the EU, the # John found was +44 (0) 845 250 0965   I think he did a lot of e-mailing as well.  Good Luck.

I am in Ohio.  I called the number and they told me to email.  I sent the email and never heard back.
Daniel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2013, 06:27:40 AM »

Landed in Edinburgh.
Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
RESULT
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »

No reply for me, just the CD.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2013, 06:42:43 AM »

No reply for me, just the CD.

Cool, thanks for the info.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »

Same as Mr. manning, my CD landed in Gravesend today as US disc. Came with a free CDS jewel case too :D

Ditto North London.

And have swapped out the error disc for the correct one in my box sleeve pouches.

If my (relatively unremarkable) Beach Boys collection is discovered many years from now, I wonder what the AGDs, guitarfools, Craig-Cs etc of the distant future will think when they discover an anomalous US edition disc 3 amongst an otherwise EU edition set.  When everyone receives their replacement we must destroy all evidence of this thread to make their lives very difficult indeed  Evil

Wishing all SS.net-ers a great festive period,
Sam

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

I'm in the U.S. (CA)...call and email on Dec 5, no sign of disc.  I suppose it's time to call back and start nagging.
Paulos
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Got an email 3 days ago saying a new disc will be sent, no idea if it's been delivered yet as it will go to my parents house.

Now, who the hell do we email to complain that us Brits and Europeans can't get The Big Beat?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »

Got an email 3 days ago saying a new disc will be sent, no idea if it's been delivered yet as it will go to my parents house.

Now, who the hell do we email to complain that us Brits and Europeans can't get The Big Beat?

David BEard

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx