gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680791 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:34:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastering Error on MIC Disc 3 ?  (Read 71871 times)
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2013, 04:31:26 AM »

Good Morning Freddie,

We will arrange for a replacement disc to be sent as requested.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Dorrington

From the same Lisa Dorrington I got an email which simply said

"Thank you for your email.
We will look into this and advise accordingly.

Kind Regards"

Undecided
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »

My replacement came in the mail today; it looks exactly like the one which came in the set! 
How will I tell them apart without listening?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »

Whoa, so i called on Monday, the day before yesterday, and they told me i needed proof of purchase, i told them i had already deleted my emails from ImportCDs and that i had heard that others who had already called weren't asked for proof of purchase, so they took my name and address down anyway and said they'd "look into it." An hour later i realized that i could just log in to ImportCDs and take a screenshot of my invoice, which i did, and then i called back and they gave me an email address to send the proof of purchase to (fisherscustsvc@umusic.com), and i just got the disc in the mail today, two days later. Incredible. The package came from Indianapolis, by the way, not LA (and i'm in the northeast). And the disc plays correct now, every track starts at 0:00 and the Surf's Up fade is intact. Good job, Universal. 

EDIT: My story is pretty much exactly the same as monicker's.  Called monday, had to e-mail a proof of purchase (copy and pasted my Amazon invoice) and the replacement disc just came today.  I didn't receive any reply or confirmation or anything after e-mailing them, so I'm glad they're getting them out quickly; hope everybody else is having luck getting their discs too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:14:18 AM by gfac22 » Logged
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »

My replacement came in the mail today; it looks exactly like the one which came in the set! 

don't look at them
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »

Do you need to? Surely listening isn't a difficult task?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »

What day did you originally call, Bgas? Mine still hasn't arrived as of today, and I'd be interested in what their rough time frame of shipment is.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »

What day did you originally call, Bgas? Mine still hasn't arrived as of today, and I'd be interested in what their rough time frame of shipment is.

I'm guessing it was last Wednesday, after I saw the post with the toll-free number. Seems I remember them saying something about not shipping until Friday on account of the holiday. And I didn't really expect them to get to it that quickly either. But it's here now!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »

Just called today and they asked me to send an email to fisherscustsvc@umusic.com with a copy of the receipt.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

I'm guessing it was last Wednesday, after I saw the post with the toll-free number. Seems I remember them saying something about not shipping until Friday on account of the holiday. And I didn't really expect them to get to it that quickly either. But it's here now!

Thanks!

If mine doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I'll probably just call them again to make sure that it was indeed shipped out.
Daniel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »

E-mail sent (UK)

Thanks to everyone for the help on this thread. Great to hear that folk have been successful in getting a replacement disc.
DM
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2013, 02:53:06 PM »

Good Morning Freddie,

We will arrange for a replacement disc to be sent as requested.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Dorrington

From the same Lisa Dorrington I got an email which simply said

"Thank you for your email.
We will look into this and advise accordingly.

Kind Regards"

Undecided

Heh, same for mee! And I attached a picture of my amazon order.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »

I just called the 1-800 number given earlier in this thread (1-800-288-5942), and I was simply asked for my name and address. Call took less than a minute, and I was told the replacement is on its way.

Thanks, again, to those who provided the info!
I had exactly the same experience. I called at noon, EST.
I received my disc in the mail today. That was quick! Also, Surf's Up ends at 4:10 just like on the bad disc. I'll have to check the 2012 Surf's Up CD to see if it ends at the same spot.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »

Bump.  So are the replacement discs okay?

More importantly for the rest of us--and this is directed at anyone who might know--when will they begin to actually make corrected sets available?  I've held out because of this disc problem, and would rather not have to go through the whole disc replacement hassle.  My apologies if this has already been covered and I missed it.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2013, 08:03:10 AM »

Okay, my work on this is done.  This thread started two months ago, and shows that persistence can pay off.  I called Wednesday 27 November, and got my disc from Indianapolis yesterday.
For those who might have to deal with this through the mail, the address is:  Universal Music Group
3905 W. Vincennes Road
Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN  46268
My interest in this is two-fold.  This is not the first "bad" disc I've bought this year.  If you look back in the thread (in one of John's posts), you'll see when I found the 800 number, it listed two disc problems with Rush products.  I am right now working on getting a replacement for a screw up by Eagle Rock on the Paul McCartney Rock Show Blu-Ray.  Still not resolved, but from what I can tell, a replacement disc has been made.  And that has been going on since spring.  I have two copies, and yes, Amazon let me keep the second one for free, cause they require to get a replacement first.  I did that back in June.  So all of you folks saying we should just accept sh*t product and move on...you can, I won't.  Calling Amazon USA, as good as they are at working out problems, they can't do much more than remove the product from their site.  That is the status of the McCartney disc as of today.  No Christmas sales.  Eagle Rock is no where as big as Universal either.  It's a Mess.  They do want me to send back the second MIC.  It is the state of the business, that the consumer has to work all this out.     
One of the ways me and John kept this thread bubbling up to the top, as it was boring just posting about waiting, was to post about other stuff... Like the quality  of The John Martyn Box (he has it), only released in the UK,  it's another Universal release.  This week, I bought it.  Just Massive:  Books, posters, 17 CDs/a DVD.  You have to Trust the maker, as it will take me awhile to check all the discs, John's still doing that two months latter.  MIC is just a puppy compared to what they can ask.  MIC, I paid near full retail at $150.  I got what was considered a real deal when I paid $160 for Neil's Blu-Ray set.  Martyn?  The most I've ever paid for any set, $183, including shipping.  I had to order it from Amazon UK, a cyber deal for 124 pounds/103 after the VAT was removed, (back up to 160 pounds now).  The first time I have had to go this route, as it sells for well over $300 in the States.  I was thrilled when it shipped, standard rate by air-mail to USA, then handed over to UPS (Amazon had to pay extra for that). 
Good Luck to all of you still working on this.  Has anyone in the rest of the world got one in hand yet?
Thanks to all the posters who kept at this through to resolve, and to Mark L. for fixing the problem.  You know, we didn't bitch about the indexing errors with TSS, I didn't, but this was different.  And for me, becoming a common problem with quality control.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »

Thanks!

If mine doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I'll probably just call them again to make sure that it was indeed shipped out.

My disc arrived today. Life is good.

Also, just as an FYI, I talked with someone in Uni's customer service yesterday (actually one of the people doing the disc-sending), and he noted that it's simply a couple of folks taking down names and addresses, and then sending them out as fast as they can (with, according to him, no computer records). Thus, I'd reckon that most folks should start seeing them soon if they haven't already. They were also closed for the holiday until this past Monday.

But...if you do slip through the cracks after some time has elapsed. Don't hesitate to call back (as he duly suggested). Smiley
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:01:05 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »

Got my copy today ... Thanks, again, for the info. And this is an excellent excuse to play this music once again...
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

Eh?? Of course it's going to look the same.

Just listen to it, problem solved.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »

Disc #3 is so perfect now.  Much better for making comps.  Someone was saying that all their copies of Surf's Up end at 4:10 - This one now ends at 4:11 on my player.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »

Disc #3 is so perfect now.  Much better for making comps.  Someone was saying that all their copies of Surf's Up end at 4:10 - This one now ends at 4:11 on my player.
Stated time is 4:12, but the sound ends at 4:10. The disc with the error had a stated time of 4:10 and sound ended at 4:10. There is no difference between the two discs as to where the music actually ends. Some tried to say here earlier that the 2 second error cut off the music, but it did not.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »

Take A Black Sharpie, make Big X  across face of defective disc.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »

Take A Black Sharpie, make Big X  across face of defective disc.

LOL

I was going to suggest bgas get a piece of masking tape, stick it on the corrected CD and write "This is the good one - property of B.Gas" on it

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »

Edit: I misread post. Carry on.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:04:48 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »

Stated time is 4:12, but the sound ends at 4:10. The disc with the error had a stated time of 4:10 and sound ended at 4:10. There is no difference between the two discs as to where the music actually ends. Some tried to say here earlier that the 2 second error cut off the music, but it did not.

Yes, but you're forgetting that within that same timing for both versions (actually 4:11 on either the readout *or* both resulting ripped WAV files), the original, defective pressing had two seconds of silence at the beginning of the track that was also part of that time (actually the end of the previous track). And, most importantly, as a further result, two seconds that got lopped off the end of the final track (i.e. SU). 

Here, with everything indexed correctly on the "good" version, and the beginning starting as it should, that track does go on two seconds later at the end of the fixed version...fading into a more natural and complete silence. That is, the track doesn't quite end at the same place.

You can either look at the waveform, or sync the tracks up at any given point of the song. The "bad" version is always two seconds behind the "good" version in terms of their respective times at identical points. With the ultimate penalty at the end. Smiley

Understood, but my point is that the 2 seconds was silence and did not affect the music as some have stated previously.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2013, 12:07:58 PM »

Yes, but you're forgetting that within that same timing for both versions (actually 4:11 on either the readout *or* both resulting ripped WAV files), the original, defective pressing had two seconds of silence at the beginning of the track that was also part of that time (actually the end of the previous track). And, most importantly, as a further result, two seconds that got lopped off the end of the final track (i.e. SU). 

Here, with everything indexed correctly on the "good" version, and the beginning starting as it should, that track does go on two seconds later at the end of the fixed version...fading into a more natural and complete silence. That is, the track doesn't quite end at the same place.

You can either look at the waveform, or sync the tracks up at any given point of the song. The "bad" version is always two seconds behind the "good" version in terms of their respective times at identical points. With the ultimate penalty at the end. Smiley

Understood, but my point is that the 2 seconds was silence and did not affect the music as some have stated previously.

Duly noted. And already edited. My apologies. Smiley
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »

Not true. A/B them. Listen loudly with headphones if you need to. The new disc has a very, very slight bit more to the fade. It's totally negligible, but i feel the need to point it out for the sake of accuracy.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx