gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:09:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastering Error on MIC Disc 3 ?  (Read 71467 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »

Hey Buddahat, why are you screaming?  It's a simple cue error not a mastering error.  I keep re-posting because people like you don't seem to "get it"

Several months in it should be clear by now that people aren't buying the set not because they think it's unfixable (and your solution doesn't actually fix anything, btw) - they're waiting because they expect better quality control on expensive boxed sets. Do you really think we don't get it?

not everybody shares your opinion.

... or yours:

To not buy it over this is beyond silly. 

Buddhahate

on form Mikie

[To paraphrase Mick and Keith: They just post because there's nothing else to do

?
Look, it is quite simple, if it bugs someone that much, then you don't buy it. If you believe it is not a big deal in the total scheme of things, then you do buy it. The fix looks like it is about to happen, so all will be right in the end. I'll admit that UMe is slow about it, but at least it finally is gonna happen. Nothing to fight and argue with each other about.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
PhilCohen
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2013, 02:07:31 PM »

I received my corrected disc from Universal Music today. I'll be playing it tonight. The defect in the first pressing didn't bother me that much, but if a corrected pressing is available(and it is available), YES, I do want to have it.

If you are in The U.S.A. call Universal Music at (310) 865 5000
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »

I received my corrected disc from Universal Music today. I'll be playing it tonight. The defect in the first pressing didn't bother me that much, but if a corrected pressing is available(and it is available), YES, I do want to have it.

Thanks, Phil! Did they want any proof of purchase during the call? I'll call from work on Monday, so I wanna make sure to take paperwork, if needed.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
PhilCohen
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »

Thanks, Phil! Did they want any proof of purchase during the call? I'll call from work on Monday, so I wanna make sure to take paperwork, if needed.

No proof of purchase required. Just give them your name and address. They were very cooperative.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

No proof of purchase required. Just give them your name and address. They were very cooperative.
Have to agree there. I called and it was a case of their getting your info and that's it. I even said I might be purchasing another copy( thinking the Amazon Black Friday sale, which I didn't do) and they said if I got another with a bad disc to call again and they'd replace that one also. But I used the 800 number posted earlier in this thread: 
>>
Hey Everybody,  I have got through to Universal.  And now have a free number:  1-800-288-5942     This takes you right to customer service in Indiana.  They have the disc # 3 replacement. 
<<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

what do us 'foreigners' outside the US do?

is there an email or snail mail address?

Rb
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

Thanks to all who are posting…

Just Googled Feelflows' advice and got the following from an Amazon review relating to problems with Rush box sets (yes, plural!):

For US & Canadian fans, please contact Universal customer services team on:
e-mail: FishersCustSvc@umusic.com
Phone: 1-800-288-5942

For fans in the UK & Ireland please contact:
UK e-mail: mk.customerservices@umusic.com
UK Phone: +44 (0) 845 250 0965

Having had no joy with the email sent earlier in the week, I'll call that UK number soon-as.

“We live in divisive times.”
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »

Yes, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread!

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

So i just called Universal and they did ask for proof of purchase, which i don't have because that was over three months ago...

Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »

I just called the 1-800 number given earlier in this thread (1-800-288-5942), and I was simply asked for my name and address. Call took less than a minute, and I was told the replacement is on its way.

Thanks, again, to those who provided the info!
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »

I was asked for proof of purchase but thankfully I have my original receipt and credit card statement.  I am happy they are doing this and thanks people of Smiley board for letting the us know!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »

I just called the 1-800 number given earlier in this thread (1-800-288-5942), and I was simply asked for my name and address. Call took less than a minute, and I was told the replacement is on its way.

I had exactly the same experience. I called at noon, EST.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »

Me three. Name and address only. Though, I called last Wednesday morning, right when they opened. Haven't received it yet as of today (Mon.), but I'd reckon the holiday might have something to do with that. FWIW, I'm in Ohio.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »

Me three. Name and address only. Though, I called last Wednesday morning, right when they opened. Haven't received it yet as of today (Mon.), but I'd reckon the holiday might have something to do with that. FWIW, I'm in Ohio.

You're close to the tin soldiers, then?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 06:42:45 PM »

You're close to the tin soldiers, then?

My alma mater.
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »

I just called and was told I had to e-mail proof of purchase.  She told me I could just copy and paste my Amazon invoice.  Strange some people are just being asked for mailing info while others need to provide some sort of proof.  Oh well, hope it works.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »

I just called and was told I had to e-mail proof of purchase.  She told me I could just copy and paste my Amazon invoice.  Strange some people are just being asked for mailing info while others need to provide some sort of proof.  Oh well, hope it works.
Yeah, it is weird.  I called today and they just took my name and address.  I offered to e-mail my receipt, and the guy said that wouldn't be necessary.
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:14 PM »

Having had no joy with the email sent earlier in the week, I'll call that UK number soon-as.

Any joy John?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »

Any joy John?

Okay, just had a nice chat with Sue at Universal Music who's asked me to send through the previous emails – seems there are two customer services depts, and Sue's in that assisting stores while I'd been emailing a lady in the other, which assists members of the public.

However, Sue said the best thing was to send the details to her dept. and they'd try to help.

They're only just starting to get enquiries about this in the UK office, and from what she's saying I'd guess the issue of replacements hasn't really cropped up there yet.

Brits, you need to make that call or send that email if this bothers you!

“We live in divisive times.”
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »

It seemed far too easy. Just gave my name and address. Was told it will be shipped out later today or tomorrow. Thanks to John for posting the contact info.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:44:54 AM by BiNNS » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »

Just curious, but...

Anybody here in the US that may have called last week for a replacement, say, Tuesday or Wednesday, that's gotten their disc yet? As noted, I called last Wednesday but still nothing yet. My feeling is that, even with the holiday, it should've gone out this Monday at the latest, so by tomorrow I would hope it would be here.

Not getting antsy. I'm just leery of anything where they simply take down my name and address, with no confirmation number or e-mail verification. I've had too many things of that nature get "accidentally forgotten" or "accidentally deleted from the CSR's screen" over the years...lol.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

Whoa, so i called on Monday, the day before yesterday, and they told me i needed proof of purchase, i told them i had already deleted my emails from ImportCDs and that i had heard that others who had already called weren't asked for proof of purchase, so they took my name and address down anyway and said they'd "look into it." An hour later i realized that i could just log in to ImportCDs and take a screenshot of my invoice, which i did, and then i called back and they gave me an email address to send the proof of purchase to (fisherscustsvc@umusic.com), and i just got the disc in the mail today, two days later. Incredible. The package came from Indianapolis, by the way, not LA (and i'm in the northeast). And the disc plays correct now, every track starts at 0:00 and the Surf's Up fade is intact. Good job, Universal.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:19:52 PM by monicker » Logged

anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »

They asked for proof of purchase, I forwarded my amazon receipt, all looking good so far.  Thanks to all who stayed on top of this and rounded up the info.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2013, 12:38:49 AM »

e-mail sent [UK] - I shall await the reply! [I already threw in my amazon order receipt and address to be safe]

Edit: That was quick!

Good Morning Freddie,

We will arrange for a replacement disc to be sent as requested.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Dorrington

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:13:06 AM by Freddie French-Pounce » Logged

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:26 AM »

Well, that was easy!

I emailed the UK address above at 10am and got a reply at 10.30am saying that they will arrange for a disc to be sent
I explained that MiC was a gift so do not have the invoice but gave them my address and that seemed fine

Many thanks John for the details-I'll post when it arrives
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx