-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Syria?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Syria?  (Read 21673 times)
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

If Obama wants to bomb something, he should bomb Monsanto.....

heh heh have to say you have a good point!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

Our karma is already F'd up enough. Do nothing is exactly what I propose.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »

Serious, serious stuff.  Of course.

But, the political-theater of it all -- I find so full of irony, hypocrisy and frankly -- hilarious.  Seeing John blankety-blank Kerry and the rest talk about WMD's.  It's  just too rich.  It's unbelievable.  I'm beyond words.

Pinch me...  Am I on TV??  Is this real??   LOL

I have yet to hear Kerry or Obama speak of U.S. troops on the groundor of an occupying force. There will be limiting parameters as opposed to the vast nation building boondoggle in Iraq. Having said that, there aren't any "good" options, hopefully just some less bad than others.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:06:49 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »

Or... There never was going to be an American attack on Syria to help the "rebels" - rebels who execute unarmed Syrian prisoners like taking out the garbage.

Maybe Obama's remark was the point:  "uhhh no... It's Congress' who's on the line."

The house cant possibly ok an attack based on the evidence. And they haven't.  The Brits ain't on board. No ones on board.  It's ridiculous.

Maybe just maybe Obama wants you to think that the Republicans didn't do the right thing because they're just being "political" and "partisan."  Just like how they, the Demorats are partisan and political. Maybe, right?  And that the Republicans are just as bad?  If i was a criminal I'd like for the people to think the cops are just as bad as me. Just saying.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »

Or what if North Korea decided to bomb Monsanto and take out Obama because he's "poisoning his own people"?

Or what if some other country blew up the 405 freeway in LA because so many crazy drivers kill themselves and others on it each day presenting a global threat because some of these drivers might visit other nations and rent cars and go ballistic of their freeways?

If you take that track of thought, it will never end.....
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:10:49 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »

Or what if North Korea decided to bomb Monsanto and take out Obama because he's "poisoning his own people"?

Or what if some other country blew up the 405 freeway in LA because so many crazy drivers kill themselves and others on it each day presenting a global threat because some of these drivers might visit other nations and rent cars and go ballistic of their freeways?

If you take that track of thought, it will never end.....

"At the end of the day, we'll have to leave it there...."  Evil

Jason
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »

Obama Claims He’d Be Treated Better In Europe, Whines About “Names I’m Called” In America

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-claims-hed-treated-better-europe-whines-names-im-called-america/

Oh boo fucking hoo, you warmongering tyrant. At least your "illustrious" predecessor took it in stride.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

I'd comment but my bartender limits me to 3 Sandbox posts a day!!!   Cool

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 07:13:09 AM »

Obama Claims He’d Be Treated Better In Europe, Whines About “Names I’m Called” In America

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-claims-hed-treated-better-europe-whines-names-im-called-america/

Oh boo fucking hoo, you warmongering tyrant. At least your "illustrious" predecessor took it in stride.

Violin

Yep.  This is from a "President" who hasn't been able to man-up on anything yet.  He whines and blames his predecessor for EVERYTHING.  He whines and blames America , God, guns, religion... he whines and blames the Republicans for not going along with him and for not being able to get anything done.

He blames a YouTube video for his failure to secure our Ambassador in Libya.   Undecided  What a putz.

Is anyone on this board SURPRISED to hear him whine about something like this?  No.  He's a puzzy.  Add it to the list.  He's a total embarrassment.  Whether you agree with him or not (and very few Americans do agree with Obama's positions, yet they vote for him, I know, I know) -- no one is surprised.

You know what would be surprising?  If he took responsibility for something.  Anything.  That would be surprising.

I hold out hope.  One day, he will MAN-UP.  I have hope.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:14:22 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »

Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-majority-of-americans-approve-of-sending-cong,33752/?ref=auto

Evil

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »

Yeah, no kidding!  But we can't even get them to live under their OWN RULES, like Social Security, Obamacare.  Good luck getting them to ever eat their own sh-t.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »

Yeah, no kidding!  But we can't even get them to live under their OWN RULES, like Social Security, Obamacare.  Good luck getting them to ever eat their own sh-t.

It should be a One Way Ticket too!!

Evil

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »

Who thinks it's okay to kill little kids with poison gas?  Almost no one.

Who thinks it's okay to stand by while this is being done?  Lots of people apparently.

Evil triumphs when good people do nothing.  Heard that one before?

?

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »

Who here feels responsible to feed another man's family while his own family is starving?

Hands? Anyone?
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »

While it's hard to think about what the consequences of the strike may be, I think the reasons some people give for why it shouldn't happen are the wrong reasons.  The US shouldn't intervene because they're not already involved with Syria?  By that logic, the US also never should have been involved in World War II because we were never occupied by Germany.  While I worry about the innocent lives that may be lost in this mission, I think we absolutely have a moral obligation to intervene.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »

On whose side?

The Al Queda linked Syrian rebels backed by Saudi Arabia or the Assad regime backed by Russia and Iran?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:49:26 PM by pixletwin » Logged
Jason
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »

Who here feels responsible to feed another man's family while his own family is starving?

Hands? Anyone?

You must be some greedy one percenter. The Obamadrones must think you're a racist!
Jason
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

Who thinks it's okay to stand by while this is being done?  Lots of people apparently.

?

Then you go over and fight evil. We won't stop you. It's easy to be a chickenhawk when you're not the one doing the fighting. Smiley
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »

?

Then you go over and fight evil. We won't stop you. It's easy to be a chickenhawk when you're not the one doing the fighting. Smiley

What do you think should happen?  Do you think the US should ignore Syria altogether?  I think that would be even worse.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »

Ahem... there was this little question I asked you....

On whose side?

The Al Queda linked Syrian rebels backed by Saudi Arabia or the Assad regime backed by Russia and Iran?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »

Look at this way, its a pity both sides can't lose. (Syria/Iran Vs. Al Qaeda)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »

Ahem... there was this little question I asked you....

On whose side?

Honestly, I still don't think it's clear enough who's responsible and I think the NSA needs to figure that out before any sort of attack is carried out, at least I hope they wait until they're sure.  Let me be clear, I am not a huge supporter of this, I've been doing a lot of research and I still can't figure out what to think about all of this, I'm just saying that I believe the US should be involved at all if anything.  Anything beyond that I don't think is for me to say.

Jason
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »

?

What do you think should happen?  Do you think the US should ignore Syria altogether?  I think that would be even worse.

It's a civil war; let them figure it out.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »

The US shouldn't intervene because they're not already involved with Syria?  By that logic, the US also never should have been involved in World War II because we were never occupied by Germany.  While I worry about the innocent lives that may be lost in this mission, I think we absolutely have a moral obligation to intervene.

Germany declared war on the US several days after the Japanese attacked what they thought was a majority of the US naval fleet at Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7 1941. The US response to this was specific to Japan and a reaction to their attack. The US-Germany tensions were high leading up to this, as the US Navy was actively responding to German U-Boat attacks on various US ships and shipping lanes and also showing soft support of the European countries on which Germany had declared war, but there was no outright declaration of war by the US on Germany, nor a plan to involve US forces directly in Europe. Pearl Harbor was considered an act of war by Japan, and there was an implicit agreement between Hitler and the Japanese leadership that if Japan went to war, Germany would be with them. Hence, the Japanese attack on Hawaii was followed days later by a declaration of war on the US from Germany, per their agreement.

Japan attacked the US fleet at Pearl Harbor, followed by Germany declaring war on the US. Important to note that if a reference to WW2 is going to be made.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:52:12 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: