gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:28:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post Release MIC Track Discussion  (Read 114532 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 22, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »

Totally.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 22, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »

Totally.

Totally completely?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 22, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »

Fully.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 22, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

To the max.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 22, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

All the way

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Jason
« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2013, 12:27:39 PM »

Awesome! Totally awesome!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 22, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »

Utterly Awesome!

[Are we getting OT here perhaps?]

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 22, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »

Amazing!

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 22, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »

Outta sight!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

Far out!

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

I always let 'em know it's totally rad.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »

Tubular.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »

Uptight and outta sight!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »

Absolutely Spiffing old bean!

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »

Groovy!
Jason
« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

All righty, back on topic, guys.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »

Here's something on topic - other than leave the fader on Al's lead vocal up so we get to hear all his extra "Yeah!"s , is this mix really any different than the 15 Big Ones version?

Would it have killed them to use the alternate vocal version of Add Some Music?  It's a deep cut, not a hit song, no one would have complained, and we'd get one more rarity on the set.

Pom Pom Playgirl - this is an instrumental overdub session, not a vocal session, right?  You can hear the drum odub hit between takes and Brian prompting handclap overdubs as well.

Don't Worry Baby session outtake - the track is the same as released, only thing different is the lead, single track vocal, right?

Any reason they're holding back the additional 4 live BBC tracks they have?  Future live box?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »

Any reason they're holding back the additional 4 live BBC tracks they have?  Future live box?

I would guess it might have to do with the sound quality, which, understandably, isn't too great. They might have given us what they deemed releasable.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »

I would guess it might have to do with the sound quality, which, understandably, isn't too great. They might have given us what they deemed releasable.

They got all seven tracks from the same source on one tape.  So I expect the quality of the other 4 songs would be the same as the ones on the box - not great but more than acceptable considering their rarity and the excellence of the performances.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

Linnett or Boyd stated in an interview that they chose the BBC songs that were more seldom performed live.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #570 on: September 23, 2013, 12:00:34 AM »

They got all seven tracks from the same source on one tape.  So I expect the quality of the other 4 songs would be the same as the ones on the box - not great but more than acceptable considering their rarity and the excellence of the performances.

Plus, if they'd included all seven tracks from this session then we'd have been deprived of some of the other rarities on the disc, such as the Good Vibrations sessions and the Smile vocal montage and... er, oh, hang on...
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 23, 2013, 10:54:35 PM »

Please forgive as some of these quotes are from many pages back. Just some random thoughts at random posts aimed at no one directly.

Is it just me, or are the Mike's vocals after the Pony bit the same as the ones before the Pony bit.
Definitely a cut & paste of the first reading of the line. Listen to Michael’s annunciation noises before during and after the word ‘feelings.’

Disc 4:
Five songs from 'Love You'? Isn't that a bit much? 
HA! I'd agree! About 5 songs too many!

And why no 'Lady Lynda'?
Maybe because it's pretty el-stinko like the majority of L.A.

The single edit of 'Here Comes the Night' probably should've been here too.
I want what you're smoking. To hear that track as remotely good or even interesting, you have to be on something. I'm glad the Beach Boys disco era started and died there.

It's a real shame that they couldn't have included some of the demos from this period ...
Umm… For the most part the majority of Love You IS demos.

Made In California should have been called Made in a hurry...
Haha! Hilarious. While my sense of humor thinks this is funny, I don’t completely agree with the assessment.

While I think this box set is pretty fantastic overall, it does contain some poor choices and/or glaring omissions.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2013, 12:36:02 AM »

The a Capella break in Do it Again (live-C50) made it my favorite version. Love that bit, gives it a bit more dynamic range and kicks it into high gear before right before the end.
Just fyi, Mike and Bruce had started doing that in 2010 i think, so that was not created especially for the c50 tour, it just carried over.

I'm surprised they didn't put it in the re-recording then.  I agree that it's a fantastic addition!
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »

Disc 4:
Five songs from 'Love You'? Isn't that a bit much? 
HA! I'd agree! About 5 songs too many!

And why no 'Lady Lynda'?
Maybe because it's pretty el-stinko like the majority of L.A.

It's a real shame that they couldn't have included some of the demos from this period ...

Somebody hold my coat.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx