-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:39:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  LIBS 4 LIFE CONVO
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LIBS 4 LIFE CONVO  (Read 10135 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »

There needs to be a permanent "I AM HATEFUL AND VINDICTIVE" thread up..... Might clear up some attempts at discussion around here.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

According to Google:

Sex - either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
Gender - the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

"Sex" reference biology while "gender" implies something cultural. I get it.

What does this have to do with whether or not the gov. should have to flip the bill for what is essentially elective surgery?

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »

It doesn't but Mike's Beard seems to have some weird vendetta against the entire transgender community just because he refuses to understand them.  I'm trying to explain it to him.

zachrwolfe
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:43:17 PM by zatch » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »

It doesn't but Mike's Beard seems to have some weird vendetta against the entire transgender community just because he refuses to understand them.  I'm trying to explain it to him.

Oh ok. I thought you were talking to me.  3D
Jason
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »

Why does it matter if he doesn't want to understand them? Are they that insecure that they need to be accepted and understood by all?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »

Why does it matter if he doesn't want to understand them? Are they that insecure that they need to be accepted and understood by all?

They don't need to be understood necessarily but they should be accepted and it's ridiculous to not be accepting of such a thing.

Jason
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »

I neither ask nor expect to be accepted; why should transgenders receive special treatment? Just because they're transgendered? I approach people as individuals and accept them as such. That's the fairest deal they'll ever get. That's a deal they should expect and learn to live with. No one owes anyone else acceptance merely because they're a certain gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:23 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:43:13 PM by zatch » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

I neither ask nor expect to be accepted; why should transgenders receive special treatment? Just because they're transgendered? I approach people as individuals and accept them as such. That's the fairest deal they'll ever get. That's a deal they should expect and learn to live with. No one owes anyone else acceptance merely because they're a certain gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever.

I agree with you, but I think that's irrelevant. I'm pretty sure Rocky was just trying to say that a transgender person shouldn't be met with any less acceptance than someone that is not transgender would receive, not that because someone is transgender they should automatically be accepted.

Exactly.

Jason
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

Again, no one can reasonably expect to be accepted for any reason and no one should force others to accept them. Maybe I should be accepted just because I'm a market anarchist. I can't back up WHY I should be accepted...I just think I should be accepted. Y'know, BECAUSE!

No, that's not how it works. You approach people as people. If you don't want to accept someone for whatever reason that's on you. No one has "right" to be accepted by other individuals. It's called freedom of association. No one has to accept anyone for any reason. If you have a problem with that you're going to have major problems in your social life. This is the real world. No one is due any acceptance or respect.

You want equality? That's the best deal in town.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »

No vendetta, it's their body and they are free to do with it whatever they wish. I just don't consider a post-op to be an actual woman, nevermind a pre-op, as you insist on referring Mr Manning as.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »

Bradley Manning is a mess of a human being and he is using the transgender stuff to attract more attention to himself. Just like when he leaked those documents.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »

I don't care about the transgender thing; the leaks had no real consequence to foreign policy.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:43:09 PM by zatch » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »

It's not a matter of anyone being owed anything (THE core issue it seems with you regarding basically everything) but rather IF someone or a group of people are being denied rights due to this or that: THAT is the issue ..... Preaching understanding of a specific person or group is an attempt to stave off the motivation for bias or fear or hatred, etc etc.....unless you have a problem with someone believing they are not owed discrimination.

That said, I don't think we taxpayers should have to pay for elective surgery.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:30:28 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

Having your penis hacked up and made into a vagina doesn't make you a woman, it just makes you a freak.
No vendetta

That is not an example of a vendetta.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »

It's not a matter of anyone being owed anything (THE core issue it seems with you regarding basically everything) but rather IF someone or a group of people are being denied rights due to this or that: THAT is the issue ..... Preaching understanding of a specific person or group is an attempt to stave off the motivation for bias or fear or hatred, etc etc.....unless you have a problem with someone believing they are not owed discrimination.

You can preach understanding, sure. But you can't expect to change anyone's mind, especially when people take an opinion like that of Mr. Beard up there as a "vendetta" or "hatred", of which it is neither. See, there will always be the contrary opinion. As far as discrimination goes, discrimination is just freedom of association. People discriminate all the time and for many reasons. Those who think they don't are kidding themselves.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:41 PM »

You can preach understanding, sure. But you can't expect to change anyone's mind, especially when people take an opinion like that of Mr. Beard up there as a "vendetta" or "hatred", of which it is neither. See, there will always be the contrary opinion. As far as discrimination goes, discrimination is just freedom of association. People discriminate all the time and for many reasons. Those who think they don't are kidding themselves.

Oh, yes absolutely we all do..... It's those who take action against a specific group that become a problem..... My folks live in Idaho and I see practical and tangible discrimination in full view whenever I'm there.
Jason
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »

There's a difference between discrimination and violence - when your behavior becomes violent it is abhorrent. You cannot say "it's because of discrimination". It's because those people are violent.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »

There's a difference between discrimination and violence - when your behavior becomes violent it is abhorrent. You cannot say "it's because of discrimination". It's because those people are violent.

Yeah, but that's like saying people molest kids because they are molesters and don't do anything about keeping molesters away from kids.... Sometimes educating people about things can create empathy and can diffuse hatreds, biases, prejudices, which in turn can prevent future violence. If you want to think people are just violent and will harm people no matter what, sure, but it's a bit ignorant considering the history of this country and far we've come/haven't come in regards to discrimination.... Willful ignorance to suite one's anger and vile opinion of humanity is a choice.

Violence doesn't only come in the form of fists, guns, knives, bombs, BTW.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:48:59 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 06:49:26 AM »

Genitals-schmenitals.  I still want to know, if I believe I'm Andrew mtha-fckin-Carnegie reincarnated -- am I due the mtha-fkcking money!?

Open you mtha-fkcing-minds!

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »

Seriously.  Public money, to knock off some dude's junk?  Do I have to pay for that?  Wink

This opens up options for guys too.  Breast implants with robot nipples.  Pectoral prostheses.  Lengthening.  Emboldening.  Muscle growth hormones.  To round out the masculine metamorphism.  Be the swan he always wanted to be.  No... the swan he always knew he could be.

This is what I'm talking about.  Choose the sex of your baby now.  They can it change later.  The world needs more women.  Or it doesn't.  I don't know.  Whichever your fancy, I suppose.  

What about when "they" want to engineer it all?  They choose.  Based on some schematic diagram.  The boys at the bureau (guys at the office) -- they'll handle that.  And with good cause.  It's too important.  And that's a good reason.  The fun, random style (of yore) wasn't acceptable -- and the new style (your choosing) = too many boys.  Everyone wants a boy (see diagram).  You're next baby is... a girl.

They'll need more money for all this.  Why?  A lot of reasons.  For starters, the website cost half a Krillion dollars.  No one bought the mandatory plans ("the exchanges").  Too expensive.  And they just pay the measly fine instead.  

Before all this happens, they will have raised the fine, to make sure all this doesn't happen.  Raise the tariff on your sheriff.  Tax your mustache, to Replenish their cash-stash.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:04:58 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »

Hey. Christ almighty.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up