gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:13:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Where is she?' just played on BBC radio 2!  (Read 22192 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »

Taken off of YT  Sad Guess it was inevitable.

Oh well. Will be available soon.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »

Taken off of YT  Sad Guess it was inevitable.

Oh well. Will be available soon.

Use Cliff's link:
Here you go as an mp3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kh0opy

If doing these up in mp3 is annoying anyone here, let me know and I'll stop

Cheers
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2013, 10:09:25 PM »

So I listened to it a few more times (even though I'm trying not to, since I still want it to be fresh when I get MIC) and I really think that "Where Is She?" is a natural progression from side two of the Today! album, and to an extent, some of Pet Sounds as well. The topic definitely fits in with stuff like "Please Let Me Wonder" and "She Knows Me Too Well" and "In the Back of My Mind" as well as something like "Don't Talk", and while it's a waltz (which is something Brian did mostly in the late '60s) I really think that musically it even fits.

In fact, with "Where Is She?" revealed, I feel like it's pretty safe to say that Brian was writing at his highest level, both commercially and creatively, since probably Wild Honey. Stuff like "This Whole World", "Add Some Music", and "Where Is She?" honestly could have been hits if people would've just accepted that it wasn't lame to like The Beach Boys. "This Whole World" was a driving, up-tempo thing that is just beyond catchy, while "Add Some Music" has that folky and pretty late '60s/early '70s sound. And "Where Is She?" seems like it could been a hit in the same way that "Without You" was for Nilsson. Just my opinion. And one that we'll obviously never be able to test out.
Nicko1234
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »

So I listened to it a few more times (even though I'm trying not to, since I still want it to be fresh when I get MIC) and I really think that "Where Is She?" is a natural progression from side two of the Today! album, and to an extent, some of Pet Sounds as well. The topic definitely fits in with stuff like "Please Let Me Wonder" and "She Knows Me Too Well" and "In the Back of My Mind" as well as something like "Don't Talk", and while it's a waltz (which is something Brian did mostly in the late '60s) I really think that musically it even fits.

In fact, with "Where Is She?" revealed, I feel like it's pretty safe to say that Brian was writing at his highest level, both commercially and creatively, since probably Wild Honey. Stuff like "This Whole World", "Add Some Music", and "Where Is She?" honestly could have been hits if people would've just accepted that it wasn't lame to like The Beach Boys. "This Whole World" was a driving, up-tempo thing that is just beyond catchy, while "Add Some Music" has that folky and pretty late '60s/early '70s sound. And "Where Is She?" seems like it could been a hit in the same way that "Without You" was for Nilsson. Just my opinion. And one that we'll obviously never be able to test out.

I don't think any of these songs were particularly commercial. After all, The Beach Boys weren't uncool outside America and yet these songs still weren't hits.
MBE
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

I agree. Though few say it, Brian was still writing and performing at peak level for much of Sunflower.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »

Here you go as an mp3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kh0opy

If doing these up in mp3 is annoying anyone here, let me know and I'll stop

Cheers

I wish I coud download this.  Huh
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx