gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681107 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 05:43:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Where is she?' just played on BBC radio 2!  (Read 22337 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 12:37:47 PM »

Love it.  Thanks for posting it.

That's five songs 'leaked' (or five I've heard): four great; one good and one so-so (though not to bad when compared to most of the rest of the album it would've been on).

I was trying to think of what you meant by the last one when I remembered "Goin' To The Beach". Seems like an eternity since that one got out, doesn't it? This is why I don't like the gradual cherry-picking of tracks over time. I'll admit I appreciate it and probably prefer it over the "Release the single two months ahead of the album and nothing else" method, as often times, I really come to disassociate said single from the album. That kind of happened with "Goin' To The Beach" and "California Feelin'", for me.

I know, I don't have to listen, but shit. Someone posts a Sunflower outtake or any unreleased Beach Boys track, I want to hear it.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

Another instance where an amazing Brian Wilson track is scrapped and doesn't see the light of day for several years.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:14:47 PM by TheDumbAngel » Logged
Gohi
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

Love it.  Thanks for posting it.

That's five songs 'leaked' (or five I've heard): four great; one good and one so-so (though not to bad when compared to most of the rest of the album it would've been on).
4 + 1 + 1 = 5?  Huh
king of anglia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »

This sounds like Brian Wilson trying to recreate She's Leaving Home from his memory of what he imagined it would sound like aftet McCartney played it to him on piano in 1967... if you know what I mean.
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »

Also, I really hope I don't come to associate this woman's face with the song.

Do yourself a favour and associate her face with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46B4KFFQ85E
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

I'm not particularly fond of the song (too PSish for my tastes), but I'm very glad it got airplay and Brian does sound great.

What a boring program, tho, way too much jabber -- I couldn't listen to the rest of the show.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »

BW!  Rock!

I'm letting it loop all evening long! woo hoo!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »

Wow, very cool! Not his best song, but def one of his best (and only) lead vocals from this time period.

I'm sure if they continued work on it, the lyrics would have changed a bit.

The verse reminds me of "Let's Stick Together" / "The Waltz".
zachrwolfe
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:49:15 PM by zatch » Logged
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »

This is the transition track I've been looking for. The missing link. I can hear the two voices of Brian here in equal amounts. Anyone else hear this?
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »

This is the transition track I've been looking for. The missing link. I can hear the two voices of Brian here in equal amounts. Anyone else hear this?

Definitely.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »

Aye, and more besides somehow.

What a frickin gem. Love this. Beautiful, haunting vocal work.

If a fraction of the new stuff on this set half-matches this track, I'll be in ecstasy.

Anyone tell me more about it? Is this as Brian left it or has it been newly mixed from different sessions? The first few seconds sound like a demo, other sections have demo-like characteristics while others seem to be work in progress… whatever, it works for me. And beautifully so.

“We live in divisive times.”
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

Having listened to this track about 30+ times ( Shocked) my impression hasn't changed much. I love the vocals from Brian. I loved the opening line and when it's repeated in harmony... but the lyrics are pretty abysmal as it goes on. Definitely a WIP.  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »

Anything by BW during this era is a hit to me.

I'm loving this track!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »

He should have sang a lot more leads in this time period. He sounds absolutely amazing. Very "biting" tone in the upper register, and just a total natural at perfect double-tracking.
I agree. This is my favorite BW vocal period.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

Oh...... this is 'Erotic' music.......... Brian's Voice is Frigging Sensational here!!!!

Super Song and Vocal from BW.............  what is the origin of this?Huh and what year???

My favourite BW vocal period also!

RickB
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »

Having listened to this track about 30+ times ( Shocked) my impression hasn't changed much. I love the vocals from Brian. I loved the opening line and when it's repeated in harmony... but the lyrics are pretty abysmal as it goes on. Definitely a WIP.  LOL

Lyrics are grossly overrated.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »

Brand new tracks, never before heard, and released in the middle of a near orgasmic frenzy to hear new stuff, tend to be overrated too.  LOL
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

Brand new tracks, never before heard, and released in the middle of a near orgasmic frenzy to hear new stuff, tend to be overrated too.  LOL

Agreed. The only thing that hit me was his voice. Sounds sooo good.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »

Agreed. The only thing that hit me was his voice. Sounds sooo good.

It really does. I have been obsessively listening to Awake lately, and the timbre of his voice is almost identical.
MBE
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »

Man Brian could sing in 1969! GREAT all the way around, pre 1976 Brian never ceases to stun me.  Sunflower could have been two LP's easy and been brilliant.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

Super Song and Vocal from BW.............  what is the origin of this?Huh and what year???

November of '69...according to Bellagio.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »

Can you provide a reference for where / by whom they're overrated please? Haven't seen this track reviewed before this thread appeared. Thanks in advance …

“We live in divisive times.”
oldsurferdude
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

Yeah, would have been astounding with mYke luHv lyrics-or even better if he had done the vocal as well. Smokin
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 05:21:07 PM »

Yeah, would have been astounding with mYke luHv lyrics-or even better if he had done the vocal as well. Smokin

Wait! You're telling me you don't like Mike?

Shocking stuff.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx