gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:16:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four years ago...  (Read 1295 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »

My lovely, wonderful mother passed on just shy of her 86th birthday, and I shall never, ever forget the sympathy, warm thoughts and kind words afforded me here by so many posters, including those who (justifiably) had no reason to do so given our past history. This place may sometimes resemble a cage fight with chainsaws and scorpions, but like a herd of musk oxen, there are times when past enmities are set aside and we form a circle for the comfort and protection of our comrades. Once again, I thank you all from the depths of my heart.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:32:08 AM »

My first reaction was to look for the LIKE button ... then I realised I wasn't on f'book ... then I looked and saw it was you Andrew ... so here's a metaphorical LIKE and WELCOME BACK.

May the FORCE of MIC be with you!!
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:54 AM »

With all that you have going on Andrew Doe  I'm sure you don't recall our meager communications but welcome back to the fold. I always look forward to your posts.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »

welcome back AGD, we missed you. Our thoughts are with you on this day.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »

Recovery from grief is simply not linear, and events such as death anniversaries can't help but reopen memories and feelings that might otherwise seem to have been dealt with and resolved.

We can hope that everyone eventually understands this as they go through their version of the experience, and fortunately, it appears that many here have demonstrated the type of sympathy and understanding that should rightfully be directed to someone who is still in the "near throes" of grief and loss. Those type of complex emotions are what make it possible for us to overcome the animal side of our natures, and lead us toward the practice and appreciation of music, art and literature...which, after all, is the reason why we are all here--united (occasionally!!) in our love for the BBs music.

Thanks for such a wonderfully open and appreciative post. We'll try to live up to that praise--at least 10% of the time!!  Roll Eyes

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx