gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:38:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike on Mick...Jealous? Because I sing better? Get more chicks?”  (Read 17681 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »

Before today I never even considered that Mike's look and mannerisms from this era made him look gay, I just thought he looked a dick.  Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »

Those 1980s shows where he would dance on pianos with a mic stand come to mind.... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »

I've heard Mike Love talk about Mick Jagger several times. But not once have I heard or read Jagger mention Mike's name. Have they even met each other?

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »

I've heard Mike Love talk about Mick Jagger several times. But not once have I heard or read Jagger mention Mike's name. Have they even met each other?

When Mick was in bed with Bowie, it was Mike he was dreaming about.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »

Mick and Bowie having an affair was a myth started by Bowie's crazy ex wife.  Not that they didn't fool around a lot, they definitely did, just not with each other.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »

Mick and Bowie having an affair was a myth started by Bowie's crazy ex wife.  Not that they didn't fool around a lot, they definitely did, just not with each other.

Actually I was being metalurgical. When you think about it, we're all a crazy myth in the head of Bowie's ex wife.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »

Mick is recognised by everybody. Like him or not he is a cultural icon.

Mike is recognised by a handfew. Like him or not he is a nobody to the average music listener.

Personally I don't dislike Mike for his skill, his outfit or anything like that. I think he's a douchebag, and I've heard much to suggest Mick could be douchy as well. As others say comparing them is futile. If Mike wishes to compare himself with Mick he's treading in deep water.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »

Mike is recognised by a handfew. Like him or not he is a nobody to the average music listener.

Personally I don't dislike Mike for his skill, his outfit or anything like that. I think he's a douchebag, and I've heard much to suggest Mick could be douchy as well. As others say comparing them is futile. If Mike wishes to compare himself with Mick he's treading in deep water.
Post of the Week-enjoyed your Thumbs Up Happy Dance Rock! w00t! Pirate High Five award winning post!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

Post of the Week-enjoyed your Thumbs Up Happy Dance Rock! w00t! Pirate High Five award winning post!

Meanwhile Myke laughs all the way to the bank while you laugh it up in your basement  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Cool Guy Smokin Cool Afro 3D
oldsurferdude
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 07:44:03 PM »

Meanwhile Myke laughs all the way to the bank while you laugh it up in your basement  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Cool Guy Smokin Cool Afro 3D
What the hey you talkin' bout, boy?HuhHuh Yer goin' in the box tonite and git yer mind right, yessir, the box.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

What the hey you talkin' bout, boy?HuhHuh Yer goin' in the box tonite and git yer mind right, yessir, the box.

Oh, so THAT'S the other thing that goes on down there?Huh  Wink Wink
oldsurferdude
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

Yeah, yeah, that's it...  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »

2) There are no such thing as inherent "gay mannerisms" in the first place.  It's a style choice, and we should not be called bigots for questioning  someone's style choice.

Your style choice is obviously that of an unintelligent caveman.

And you are correct, it's shameful to label someone like that a bigot. ***hole is more appropriate.

Moving on...
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 11:04:15 PM »

As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

Can you feel as you choose? I can't, I just feel, sometimes I choose to feel different from how I do, but then I still feel the way I do, not the way I choose.
Meaning, not being told or forced to think or feel like someone else wants you too. Seriously, you couldn't figure that out?

Of course I got that, that's not my point, it just seemed strange to me one was supposed to be able to feel as he chooses himself, without implying any other person was involved who tells him what he should feel.
If you followed what was being said, you would have figured it out. The point was, was that people need to come around on their own, in their own time, after thinking a certain way all of their life.

If you had read closely what I wrote, you would have figured out that my point has nothing to do with your main point which I did get. My point isn't about someone telling someone else what he should feel at all. Aw, it's futile anyway.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2013, 04:15:08 AM »

As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

Can you feel as you choose? I can't, I just feel, sometimes I choose to feel different from how I do, but then I still feel the way I do, not the way I choose.
Meaning, not being told or forced to think or feel like someone else wants you too. Seriously, you couldn't figure that out?

Of course I got that, that's not my point, it just seemed strange to me one was supposed to be able to feel as he chooses himself, without implying any other person was involved who tells him what he should feel.
If you followed what was being said, you would have figured it out. The point was, was that people need to come around on their own, in their own time, after thinking a certain way all of their life.

If you had read closely what I wrote, you would have figured out that my point has nothing to do with your main point which I did get. My point isn't about someone telling someone else what he should feel at all. Aw, it's futile anyway.
Yes, it is futile. Let's drop it, eh?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2013, 04:17:52 AM »

Yes, it is futile. Let's drop it, eh?

Fullheartedly agree! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2013, 07:23:35 AM »

To be honest, if I were to choose between Mike & Mick judging by their character, musicianship, overall band attitude etc., I would vote for the latter. At least, according to what I've read in the forums & on-line articles Mick appeared to be more serious & fair. However, I can't compare their voices because they're too different & related to different genres. Each has good & bad singing moments (mostly good). I like when Mick tries to imitate accents (e.g. Southern) & how Mike imitates the voices themselves (e.g. in "Monster Mash"). But at the end, without playing jury, I like & respect both of them - they're 2 of my favorite artists.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2013, 08:18:32 AM »

Duplicate post - my error

Steve
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx