gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681427 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 04:27:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying MiC in the UK  (Read 12102 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 04:11:30 AM »

But it looks to me as though the UK release is a week behind the US one for some reason (but the German one isn't, inexplicably for another country in the EU...!).

Hey, the UK doesn't really act like they're also in the EU, do they? Cheesy

Hope you'll get MIC before the weekend in spite of that. Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 06:15:07 AM »

My order is dispatched

My heart has soared
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:45 AM »

"DELIVERY ESTIMATE MONDAY 2 SEP 2013"

UGJHGJHGJYTUYGNHFJSKISLOUWEHGWHWGWG I WILL KILL SOMEONE VERY SOON.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »

Oh mate, I'm sorry, truly.

When did you order just for interests sake? Mine was July 19th. Maybe it's to do with that.

Anyway, if you're near York you're more than welcome to come and hear it tomorrow. As long as you're not actually Liam Gallagher  LOL
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 06:51:18 AM »

But it looks to me as though the UK release is a week behind the US one for some reason (but the German one isn't, inexplicably for another country in the EU...!).

Hey Micha... you ever heard about the (possibly apocryphal) old UK newspaper headline? "Fog In Channel: Continent Cut Off". That kind of says it all...!

As I have noted here, I got my set on Tuesday afternoon. So ordering from Amazon Germany absolutely paid off for me. I cancelled my Amazon UK order early yesterday morning, so I won't be paying twice!

As I noted in the same post above, the whole thing is ridiculous, but six discs of Wilson-led wonderfulness are brilliant compensation. Finding myself alone in the house and with the neighbours away on holiday this week, I blasted the set earlier for a good while, LOUD. It sounds great!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »

Oh mate, I'm sorry, truly.

When did you order just for interests sake? Mine was July 19th. Maybe it's to do with that.

Anyway, if you're near York you're more than welcome to come and hear it tomorrow. As long as you're not actually Liam Gallagher  LOL

I ordered 19th July too! But sadly I'm nowhere near York. I can hold off the temptation to source otherwise til monday, I CAN DO THIS.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »

If we ordered the same day, how on earth can they justify yours taking another 3 days???

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 07:03:45 AM »

If we ordered the same day, how on earth can they justify yours taking another 3 days???

They saw my profile Picture on here.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »

LOL LOL LOL
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »

Asked about MIC in my local HMV this morning, was told that it's out on Monday 2nd September, it would retail at Ł74.99, but they weren't ordering any stock because all orders with Universal are currently suspended Huh

Amazon or Sainsbury's it is then, failing a decent independent...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:09:05 AM by D409 » Logged
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 11:57:58 AM »

Not Yet Dispatched

they must be holding out to see if I'll cancel since they gave that low price for just a little while.  Roll Eyes

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »

Not Yet Dispatched

they must be holding out to see if I'll cancel since they gave that low price for just a little while.  Roll Eyes

Same xD

Paulos
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:14 PM »

Still showing as dispatching now, delivery estimate is still 30th August. I also ordered mine on 19th July, why are we all getting different information?
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »

Still showing as dispatching now, delivery estimate is still 30th August. I also ordered mine on 19th July, why are we all getting different information?

Maybe it all depends upon the time of day we ordered. Or Something. I dunno. I blame it on Bob Dylan.

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »

My order is dispatched

My heart has soared
Same here. I've told my boss I'm, ahem, working from home in the morning

Only 11hrs until postie arrives.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »

Maybe it all depends upon the time of day we ordered. Or Something. I dunno. I blame it on Bob Dylan.

I Dunno either. Are you in the UK? I'm not so maybe Amazon UK is taking care of the natives first.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »

I Dunno either. Are you in the UK? I'm not so maybe Amazon UK is taking care of the natives first.  Grin

Why does the Uk citizen not get preference Sad Give the younger ones reasons to stay [I ain't goin' anywhere anyhow]

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »

I'm in the US. Order placed July 19.

"Not yet dispatched. DELIVERY ESTIMATE MONDAY 9 SEP 2013 - FRIDAY 13 SEP 2013".

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »

I Dunno either. Are you in the UK? I'm not so maybe Amazon UK is taking care of the natives first.  Grin

Why does the Uk citizen not get preference Sad Give the younger ones reasons to stay [I ain't goin' anywhere anyhow]

ha ha, well the UK citizen gets it quicker by virtue of living closer to Amazon UK distribution centers I would think. If US citizen
were given preference my product would have been mailed last week, so apparently that's not happening. I knew the penalty
for ordering like I did but there is some "consolation" available for those that wish to, ahem, seek it out -
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:38:08 PM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Necessity knows no law
Paulos
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »

Dispatch notice received!
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »

I ordered mine on the 21st of July.  It's not yet dispatched with delivery estimate 5-7th of September.  I got my Smile Sessions delivered on the release day. I was hoping this would be the same.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:45:22 PM by mikeddonn » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 12:49:44 AM »

Hey Micha... you ever heard about the (possibly apocryphal) old UK newspaper headline? "Fog In Channel: Continent Cut Off". That kind of says it all...!

As I have noted here, I got my set on Tuesday afternoon.

Cool, so I didn't hope in vain! Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »

Mine's here. Fantastic book and photos. Just about to slip in disk 1 whilst I make breakfast. Happy days.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »

Mine's coming from Sainsbury's despatched yesterday. Waiting to answer the knock on the door and find Jamie Oliver standing there, demanding to know what I feed my kids before he'll hand it over…

“We live in divisive times.”
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 01:07:54 AM »

Yeah, John, if you've got any Turkey Twizzlers in the house, your copy of MiC goes straight in the shredder...!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx