gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:21:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Talk cover  (Read 1555 times)
Aric Keith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:56:34 AM »

This cover is meant to be "note for note" identical to the original so it may not appeal to some people. Basically, in addition to some original songs, I like to do covers of some of my favorites to practice arranging, hearing, and mixing. So anyway, here it is:
http://www.home.comcast.net/~tenchijin/donttalk.mp3

Aric Keith
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

Sounds great.  To what extent is the backing track derived from sampled instruments?

And I like your reasoning for doing 'note for note' covers very much.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Aric Keith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »

Sounds great.  To what extent is the backing track derived from sampled instruments?

And I like your reasoning for doing 'note for note' covers very much.

The picked electric bass is real. The tremelo electric guitar, and the accent electric guitar that plays along with the piano line at the end of each phrase is also real. The ride cymbal, cello, piano, organ, violin, and viola, are all virtual instruments. The strings and "glockenspiel" are from Miroslav Philharmonik, the piano is Akoustik Piano, the organ is a Sampletank instrument, and the cymbal comes from BFD lite.

Aric
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:42:44 PM by Aric Keith » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:51:02 PM by zatch » Logged
Aric Keith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »

The pitch correction is a little bit too noticeable IMO. But you've got a great voice. Smiley
When I have time I plan to re-sing it more carefully. In my house I just don't have enough times that are quiet enough for me to record vocals, and this is a pretty tough one to sing accurately I must say.
Aric
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:31:54 PM by Aric Keith » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx